Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

Comments

• Options
    Seceurity industry authority website where this can be reported is www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk

• Options

Eye for an eye...who's up for snatching a steward next game and evicting them from the ground? We'll release them from a local pub when ours get their season tickets back.

Joking aside many of them appear to be fat bully boy tossers who take their frustrations at not being able to see their penises underneath their colossal guts in the shower out on decent football supporters. Give an insecure man a uniform, fluorescent coat and an earpiece back them with other such prats and they turn into a cross between the worst kind of bouncer and the wheezing lardy wanna be hard man geezers you get in most pubs round these parts.

To be fair most the younger ones seem to be good lads (the orange coats) it's the snatch squad tossers that generally go all johnny Rambo.

That's a bit harsh...I'm not a steward!!! I only do the match thread!!! LOL
    Ha ha! ;-)
  • Options

Door stewards are not supposed to be people picked off the street or firemen or prison warders doing a couple of hours on the black economy. They are supposed to be Security Industry Association licenced and be paying taxes and NI. Interesting to find out whether the bunch currently employed by the Belgians fit this criteria? The HMRC should investigate as well since this mob dont look to have any qualification.

Best to complain about this direct to the Security Industry Authority via their website, it's their duty to investigate and respond to you. If we all complained, the club inc Katrien would have to answer/reply to them. More inconvenience for her and Roland. If found to be in the wrong, surely it could be escalated to the FA & Football League & Greenwich Council (Breach of operating licence)............
    http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/home.aspx
  • Options
    Can you imagine that happening at the new den! Wouldn't have happened.
  • Options
    They call you up for a meeting, Charlton only believe their side of the story & you get a 1 match stadium if it's your first offence, it's about as democratic & fair as voting in North Korea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Stupid phone
  • Options

They call you up for a meeting, Charlton only believe their side of the story & you get a 1 match stadium if it's your first offence, it's about as democratic & fair as voting in North Korea

This could be what Murray and Meire mean by the club to communicating with fans.
  • Options
    Which company provides the stewards?
  • Options

The club is unlikely to ban anyone over this unless the steward was assaulted. It's standard practice to force the fan to have a discussion with the club, but it doesn't mean he'll be banned. He'll get his ticket back. If the steward assaulted the fan, I agree it should be pursued.

Watching from the east stand, it seemed like a silly over-reaction by the club that could have provoked more trouble than it did. The banner was harmless. The advertising excuse is so much nonsense. If the club wanted to provoke fans into bringing many more banners in future, well, it just did.

Totally agree. We are also in East Stand D Block. Busy watching game so did not notice banner going up but thanks to loud verbal reaction in North stand the stewards reaction soon got our attention. Unbelievable such an inoffensive message was responded to in this way. No threats, offensive language, incitement to violence etc. Pathetic reaction. However what is completely unacceptable is what followed as by reported those close by. If the fan involved wants to pursue any complaint in the way he was handled would certainly agree we must support him in bringing a formal complaint/action.
  • Options
    If they request a meeting he should attend on the basis that Katrien will be there. She's the one that ordered his ejection after all.
  • Options
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/

Might be one for this lot. They like a campaign and have 1000s of members. Raising it with them if nothing else might get some publicity for CARD and potentially help the bloke out?
  • Options
    Surely the next step is to drape banners across the whole of the upper covered end half way through the first half?
    Lots of thin long banners so lots of contributors to throw out. I am sure there will be many volunteers for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely the next step is to drape banners across the whole of the upper covered end half way through the first half?
    Lots of thin long banners so lots of contributors to throw out. I am sure there will be many volunteers for that.

Put them out one by one in the Covered End Upper. If any steward tries to grab one drop it into the lower tier and put the next one out whilst banners are put up in the East, Lower and Upper West at the same time.
  • Options
    lots of banners and all go up at an allotted time during the match
  • Options
    edited January 2016

If they request a meeting he should attend on the basis that Katrien will be there. She's the one that ordered his ejection after all.

Ha ha you don't get to choose who's there & she certaiInly won't be. If you don't go you don't get your ticket back. When you do go you are confronted by John little & & one of his lieutenants who try & bully & confuse you & try to make you lose your temper (they didn't succeed) then'll they'll make a big show of how kind & lenient they're going to be by handing you back your property. Wankers all of them. Oh & as somebody suggested earlier, I've been told they are Belmarsh warders moonlighting. I can't believe that even this mob would pay them cash in hand & would imagine they get them through an agency.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Door stewards are not supposed to be people picked off the street or firemen or prison warders doing a couple of hours on the black economy. They are supposed to be Security Industry Association licenced and be paying taxes and NI. Interesting to find out whether the bunch currently employed by the Belgians fit this criteria? The HMRC should investigate as well since this mob dont look to have any qualification.

It's prison officers not warders. Just saying.
  • Options
    Disgraceful is the only word. It's not like the banner was offensive in anyway. Didn't see the incident as I sit Lower North but actions like that can easily start proper trouble the club should be ashamed of itself and the people involved should receive an apology. By the way I am 62 but if those bastards had tried to confiscate my season ticket there would have been trouble, honestly I am not at all sure they are Legally entitled to do that.
  • Options

This has just been posted by the lady on the fb page 'Ok so it's ok for two people to be assaulted by club steward and have nothing done about it - all over a poxy flag for goodness sake. If they had politely said that it was due to covering advertising ok but they gave no reason - absolutely disgraceful that they tried to drag my son out and hit me in the face at the same time - fuming isn't the word'

That is outrageous from us, shame on the club and the steward in question.

Enough to stop giving this clubs owners a penny more of money
  • Options
    I don't imagine the club are hiring people off the street to be stewards. It's been well discussed previously that they are Belmarsh screws.

What is Moonlighting anyway - aside from that great 80s series ? People can have 2 jobs can't they ?