Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done to ALL Protest participants and organisers!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say today was EXCELLENT! Well done to all involved! It was fantastic to see so many people care about this great club! I was stationed just past the tunnels that come up to the club shop, and was joined by some fantastic FANS! Great to see Joe again! And brill to see Rick filming me shouting out the message to the fans (feel free to let him know I'm happy for him to share the footage).

Some of the messages I made sure all "FANS" that came that way today know was the following:

"Welcome to the valley remember you are customers today and not a fan!"
"Please show No emotion and the game today as Katrien will find it WEIRD!"
"Rolland has 500million pounds so he doesn't need your money please don't spend in the ground today"
"This restaurant will not be giving refunds today so if you are not happy with your waitress, Katrien doesn't care!"
"Support the team not the regime"

I must say most of the fans were sympathetic/supportive, we had a few who were abusive, but they really don't understand the message we're trying to get across. The most common being "well who will buy us and save us or what next if he sells".

This should be the main message we get out there! We have investors that are being told we are not for sale, most of said people were shocked when they heard this.

Anyway well done to you all - every little helps and well done to those who continue to arrange these things, I will continue to support financially and in any way I can.

I have only supported Charlton for about 5-6 years (I'm a Dundee united fan and fell out of love with football when I moved down south 16 years ago. Then attended us vs Swindon in playoffs, we were beat in penalties and fell in love with the club) the rest is history, as they say.

Anyway it is about time those who made today happen got a big thank you! In a few years’ time we will look back at this being the day we joined as a united front and got the virus out of our club, those who refuse to get behind the protests for whatever reason hopefully will see the merit in all your hard work! Two of which I went to the game today with.

COYR! And UP THE ADDICKS! DOWN THE REGIME!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, absolutely well done to all involved.

We will win this battle promise you.
  • Options
    Yes 100%. Top banana.
  • Options
    And a big apology from me to young Joe for calling you Dan. Nice to have met you.
  • Options
    Well done to all, picked up my scarf and was there after the game, let's keep the pressure on and keep ramping up the protests.

We need these liars out.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Fabulous photo. Was you I met in the Swan after, right?
  • Options
    Have to say today was brilliant! Thought the team played great and were up for it! Well done all for getting involved and the dream is to get this lot out!!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

mrbligh said:

Fabulous photo. Was you I met in the Swan after, right?
    Certainly was, good to meet you.

(Shhh don't tell anyone but rik and the trust might even be on our side - join up if you haven't already)
  • Options

Another good turnout, bolstered again by the Met police in their on-trend black and white hats.

Wonder how much Roland's police bill increased as a result of today's protest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey C4FC4L1f3, you missed all the 'easy' Premier League days and still chose to support us!
  • Options
    As said Athletico, much different reaction to just two months ago
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I picked up a scarf today and was pleased that there were loads of fans queuing with me. Proud to wear it for the game and protest. Bit bemused by some fans in the ground questioning what the protest would achieve. I've made my mind up to support the protest and get RD and co out. Thanks to fellow supporters who made a difference today and for the organisers who worked hard in the back ground to make it all happen. To Airman Loved the loud hayler and the comments made at the owner made my day.
  • Options
    Well done all. Great opening salvo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Couldn't be further away from the goings on at The Valley at the moment as we are in deepest British Columbia with the kids who are competing in a big ski racing weekend - just want to say a HUGE thanks to all those organizing and fighting to get the Regime out - on behalf of the silent, inactive and distant fans - we owe you big time!

Echo your comments @Oakster, huge kudos to everyone for their time & effort in planning, organizing and protesting.
    I wish I were there to help but too far away, my sincere thanks to you all :smiley:
  • Options
    Well done all concerned from a fan far away. We just have to keep drumming it in to people who don't get it. On the CARD facebook page someone was questioning the effectiveness of boycotting the caterers, and suggesting a season ticket boycott would be more effective. I have pointed out that it is actually January, but this is the level of thinking we are up against.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Badger said:

I handed out scarfs today and would like to say thankyou to people who donated, 1 person gave me £20 which