Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done to ALL Protest participants and organisers!

Comments

• Options

I was giving out leaflets on the stretch on Floyd Rd before the chip shop junction. Must say that the response from people was ten times more warming than when doing similar for the 2% protest. The amount of people that went out of their way to say well done, keep up the fight, you're doing a good job etc was quite considerable and really heart warming. Just two months ago the more weighted reaction was either disinterest or f*** off.

Quite interestingly, I must have meet asked 'where do I get the free scarves' about 20-30 times. Seems like everyone loves a freebie.

Absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with what 'we' are doing. Seeing people at half time with a black and white scarf, 2 Roland Out stickers and holding a beer and pie I just don't get. Equally being told by someone holding a beer and a pie they thought it was a shit protest "but don't get me wrong, I want Roland out as much as the next guy" I dont get either, but each to their own.

Getting people to stop doing something is a lot less measurable than say turning up to a demo and counting numbers. It was noticeable on scab watch on a busy north upper concourse seeing how many people were standing around empty handed when they would normally have a pint.

No idea how successful it was. The big thing today was always going to be the numbers for the post match protest. Bit if in the meantime we dented the club's profit and cause an angry managing director of DNC to be the latest person to In growing list of people to pick up the phone demanding a meeting with Katrien with the issues with how the Club is being run, then it served its purpose.

I would say East Stand queues were about 50% light - but anything over 2% is a triumph right? :wink:
  • Options
    I had some stickers given to me by Fanny, but to my surprise when I got to my seat in the West Lower, all around were already wearing them! Most stood for the chants, so well done everyone!
  • Options

Echoing what others have said, I was giving out stickers and leaflets at Landsdowne Mews: lots and lots of 'well dones', 'where can I get a scarf?' and 'good work'. A couple of 'nah, you're alright' and one 'well who would you like in charge then?', but everyone engaged in some way or another. I noticed - in a very non scientific manner - that it seemed to be the younger and the older who took most interest, whilst the 'middle aged' seemed to show the less interest. One bloke tried to give me a few quid, bless you sir (I refused to take it) and I made sure @Tavern had a sticker too ;-)

Thought the first chant in the game was superb and probably 99% support (bloke behind me in the east not happy about it - saw him with fish and chips at half time too), but didn't get the timing of the one about ten mins from the end - we were pushing on and I'm not sure the team needed that then...as a result - to me at least - it seemed to fizzle out very quickly as were more concerned with what was happening on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards. Cheers

Was it you with the cold hands who couldn't get our stickers off the sheet?
  • Options
    Interesting to note that a guy with a clip board was out hawking teas, coffees and food to the disabled supporters and their helpers during the first half.

This does not normally happen.

I assume it was due to low revenue from kiosks.
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed handing out the leaflets. A good response from the fans and I had only one grumpy old git that made his feelings known. Only down side was putting up with Jonathan Acworth for 15 minutes. Had to interrupt him speaking to a Sky rep when he said there would be a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    One man about 30 years old told Henry Jnr (17) that he (H Jnr) was what was wrong with the club and that he was ruining the club.

Brave man didn't say anything to me 10 yards further on but other that one other guy who said there was no alternative and then when I said "what about the Kuwaitis?" it would never happen there was no outright disagreement. A few "no. I'm alright" or people just walking by but 80 to 85% had a sticker IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do you know he was 30?
  • Options

Off_it said:

How do you know he was 30?

Does it matter but maybe he already had a badge?

Good point. Maybe that's why he didn't want a sticker?
  • Options
    Posted by me on another thread earlier but also relevant here;

I think our leaflet and sticker coverage of those fans entering the East Stand was pretty effective with the vanguard volunteers doing a good job at the Harvey Gardens / Charlton Lane junction with a second wave backing them up near the turnstiles. Understandably however as it got closer to kick off, the less fans wanted to be stopped in their tracks and the flyers may also not have been read until half time giving some reason for pre match purchasing at the kiosks. Still a very satisfying outcome for me being able to do something towards the cause. No let up now, keep the momentum going everybody.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think our leaflet and sticker coverage of those fans entering the East Stand was pretty effective with the vanguard volunteers doing a good job at the Harvey Gardens / Charlton Lane junction with a second wave backing them up near the turnstiles. Understandably however as it got closer to kick off, the less fans wanted to be stopped in their tracks and the flyers may also not have been read until half time giving some reason for pre match purchasing at the kiosks. Still a very satisfying outcome for me being able to do something towards the cause. No let up now, keep the momentum going everybody.

were you one of the two brothers leafleting by the East stand entrance then?

Didn't realise it was you.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

were you one of the two brothers leafleting by the East stand entrance then?

Didn't realise it was you.
    That's about the long and the short of it bro :wink:
  • Options
    That was me, the tall handsome one in the blue coat giving out leaflets with you.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Tall, blue coat, yeh, go on :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unfortunately I think there are people who think that if RD pulls out there is no-one else to take us on. I heard several people in the lounge I was in, saying just that. I did try to tell them about the PV initiative but none of them believe that it is true. I think that if there are willing investors out there, it needs to be made known to those that don't believe it.

There will always be those that choose to bury their heads and will not want to see what's right in front of their noses. It's best not to waste any time with those people.
  • Options

Unfortunately I think there are people who think that if RD pulls out there is no-one else to take us on. I heard several people in the lounge I was in, saying just that. I did try to tell them about the PV initiative but none of them believe that it is true. I think that if there are willing investors out there, it needs to be made known to those that don't believe it.

There will always be those that choose to bury their heads and will not want to see what's right in front of their noses. It's best not to waste any time with those people.
    Unfortunately I think we do need these people onside as they are likely to catch the ear of KM and offer her succur in her hour of need.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say today was EXCELLENT! Well done to all involved! It was fantastic to see so many people care about this great club! I was stationed just past the tunnels that come up to the club shop, and was joined by some fantastic FANS! Great to see Joe again! And brill to see Rick filming me shouting out the message to the fans (feel free to let him know I'm happy for him to share the footage).

Some of the messages I made sure all "FANS" that came that way today know was the following:

"Welcome to the valley remember you are customers today and not a fan!"
    "Please show No emotion and the game today as Katrien will find it WEIRD!"
    "Rolland has 500million pounds so he doesn't need your money please don't spend in the ground today"
    "This restaurant will not be giving refunds today so if you are not happy with your waitress, Katrien doesn't care!"
    "Support the team not the regime"

I must say most of the fans were sympathetic/supportive, we had a few who were abusive, but they really don't understand the message we're trying to get across. The most common being "well who will buy us and save us or what next if he sells".

This should be the main message we get out there! We have investors that are being told we are not for sale, most of said people were shocked when they heard this.

Anyway well done to you all - every little helps and well done to those who continue to arrange these things, I will continue to support financially and in any way I can.

I have only supported Charlton for about 5-6 years (I'm a Dundee united fan and fell out of love with football when I moved down south 16 years ago. Then attended us vs Swindon in playoffs, we were beat in penalties and fell in love with the club) the rest is history, as they say.

Anyway it is about time those who made today happen got a big thank you! In a few years’ time we will look back at this being the day we joined as a united front and got the virus out of our club, those who refuse to get behind the protests for whatever reason hopefully will see the merit in all your hard work! Two of which I went to the game today with.

COYR! And UP THE ADDICKS! DOWN THE REGIME!

Maybe they are the 'weird' ones who 'she' referred to? It must just be blind ignorance because why else would you have a go at people wanting rid of this disease in our club? Truly is strange behaviour at best!

Well done all involved.
  • Options

Echoing what others have said, I was giving out stickers and leaflets at Landsdowne Mews: lots and lots of 'well dones', 'where can I get a scarf?' and 'good work'. A couple of 'nah, you're alright' and one 'well who would you like in charge then?', but everyone engaged in some way or another. I noticed - in a very non scientific manner - that it seemed to be the younger and the older who took most interest, whilst the 'middle aged' seemed to show the less interest. One bloke tried to give me a few quid, bless you sir (I refused to take it) and I made sure @Tavern had a sticker too ;-)

Thought the first chant in the game was superb and probably 99% support (bloke behind me in the east not happy about it - saw him with fish and chips at half time too), but didn't get the timing of the one about ten mins from the end - we were pushing on and I'm not sure the team needed that then...as a result - to me at least - it seemed to fizzle out very quickly as were more concerned with what was happening on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards. Cheers

Ahhhh that was you! He did mention but i really couldnt think who it was.

• Options
    Solidgone said:

I quite enjoyed handing out the leaflets. A good response from the fans and I had only one grumpy old git that made his feelings known. Only down side was putting up with Jonathan Acworth for 15 minutes. Had to interrupt him speaking to a Sky rep when he said there would be a pitch invasion.

I wasn't there......
  • Options
    I saw Fanny yesterday, working hard.

P.s - once we defeat Roly, house party at mine.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say today was EXCELLENT! Well done to all involved! It was fantastic to see so many people care about this great club! I was stationed just past the tunnels that come up to the club shop, and was joined by some fantastic FANS! Great to see Joe again! And brill to see Rick filming me shouting out the message to the fans (feel free to let him know I'm happy for him to share the footage).

Some of the messages I made sure all "FANS" that came that way today know was the following:

"Welcome to the valley remember you are customers today and not a fan!"
    "Please show No emotion and the game today as Katrien will find it WEIRD!"
    "Rolland has 500million pounds so he doesn't need your money please don't spend in the ground today"
    "This restaurant will not be giving refunds today so if you are not happy with your waitress, Katrien doesn't care!"
    "Support the team not the regime"

I must say most of the fans were sympathetic/supportive, we had a few who were abusive, but they really don't understand the message we're trying to get across. The most common being "well who will buy us and save us or what next if he sells".

This should be the main message we get out there! We have investors that are being told we are not for sale, most of said people were shocked when they heard this.

Anyway well done to you all - every little helps and well done to those who continue to arrange these things, I will continue to support financially and in any way I can.

I have only supported Charlton for about 5-6 years (I'm a Dundee united fan and fell out of love with football when I moved down south 16 years ago. Then attended us vs Swindon in playoffs, we were beat in penalties and fell in love with the club) the rest is history, as they say.

Anyway it is about time those who made today happen got a big thank you! In a few years’ time we will look back at this being the day we joined as a united front and got the virus out of our club, those who refuse to get behind the protests for whatever reason hopefully will see the merit in all your hard work! Two of which I went to the game today with.

COYR! And UP THE ADDICKS! DOWN THE REGIME!

I was handing out stickers next to C4FCL1F3 yesterday. Had very few refuseniks, mostly men aged 55-70. One said we were disgusting. He didn't or couldn't explain why. We could have handed out more stickers but there were a little difficult get off in a hurry when the big rush of fans started about 2.30 and we had run out by about 2.40.

Anyway well done to everyone concerned.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Did any one get this Question thrown at them Yesterday ?

I guess you could call this a alternative view.

"That the reason Peter Varney revealed, or sent the emails, was he was negotiating his contract at Ebbsfleet at the time and wanted Leverage"

I said the most important thing was regardless of Peter Varney's intentions, was
    his impressive CV demanded a 30 minutes meeting or else Reply to the 1st email with a thank you, but no thank you.
    Even a teenage intern on a business course, job placement from uni, should realize that.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    iamdan said:

I saw Fanny yesterday, working hard.

P.s - once we defeat Roly, house party at mine.

What even the foot soldiers? I saw Fanny as well very resplendent in her Black and White scarf but she was busy and I hadn't booked an audience with her :wink: