Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done to ALL Protest participants and organisers!

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

iamdan said:

I saw Fanny yesterday, working hard.

P.s - once we defeat Roly, house party at mine.

What even the foot soldiers? I saw Fanny as well very resplendent in her Black and White scarf but she was busy and I hadn't booked an audience with her :wink:
    Just Fanny, just fanny.
  • Options
    cheers Airman, I was hoping that would be the Answer.

• Options
    we couldn't find AFKA but no matter as we found Fanny and her man and took over sticker duties as they had to be elsewhere. Patrolled between the shop and east stand mopping up those who had bypassed other stickerers. Only managed half an hour as my leg pain got the better of me.

Thanks to you guys who organised all this - very impressive
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

The best one yesterday was aimed to me "I have supported charlton before you were born young man, don't tell me what is good or bad for my club"

To which I replied, and I will continue to support them when you are long dead.

I then shouted after him you are no longer a supporter you are a customer, hopefully he will think on it.

People forget just because they are 80 and supported charlton there whole life, they won't be here to see the damage that RD is doing to the club, if this goes on for years, then it will take a decade or more to fix! What do they plan to do from the grave?

It is in my mind a silly attitude to have!

I wonder if 30year olds got this abuse when they were fighting for the return to the valley?

I know what we were doing yesterday was a bit in your face, but we are working with the 98% and the 2% who are in support of the regime need to understand that. Lots of people I handed stickers to yesterday were very nervous people and shy, if you don't go out your way to make it easy for them then they would go home upset that they weren't involved in something they just didn't have the confidence to take part in.

Yesterday was the first time I would say that all my feelings towards charlton being a different club from the others to be true!

We have a fantastic Fan base and I'm proud to be part of it :)

It is a shame that some people can't see the wood for the trees, but they will soon I'm sure.

It's been th same for as long as I can remember. Gliksten was the owner when I started going in the sixties and if he was criticised there would always be people sticking up for him. Same with the Sunley regime and so it goes. They're entitled to their opinions but I don't think you'll ever change them.

• Options
    I chipped in down at the Harvey Gardens end - can only echo what others said, the vast majority were supportive, the only sour faces came as kick-off approached. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Again, well done everyone, special thanks to @The_President .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Really can't remember the last time I saw a Fanny working hard!
  • Options
    Only 4 hours and 58 minutes. .......
  • Options
    Again was there at the front but was dissapointed to see so many from the west stand just walk on by oblivious. Don't they care.
  • Options

Again was there at the front but was dissapointed to see so many from the west stand just walk on by oblivious. Don't they care.

Yep they do , I was there.
  • Options

Well done all concerned from a fan far away. We just have to keep drumming it in to people who don't get it. On the CARD facebook page someone was questioning the effectiveness of boycotting the caterers, and suggesting a season ticket boycott would be more effective. I have pointed out that it is actually January, but this is the level of thinking we are up against.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah there's a few who aren't the brightest. Some others are very defeatist - it'll never work etc. So just roll over then? So weak. It worked at his other club, it's worked elsewhere, so may as well fight for changes.
  • Options

Your on your own then
  • Options

Your on your own then
    No he's not, as I said earlier all around me in West Lower had stickers on. Including myself, of course.
  • Options

iamdan said:

Really can't remember the last time I saw a Fanny working hard!
    Now where have I heard that before ?

Oh yes.

From Mr F.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @C4FC4L1f3

You did a great job yesterday mate, gave me a giggle with some of your comments about the refunds etc..

Well done.

Joe.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

The best one yesterday was aimed to me "I have supported charlton before you were born young man, don't tell me what is good or bad for my club"

I then shouted after him you are no longer a supporter you are a customer, hopefully he will think on it.

People forget just because they are 80 and supported charlton there whole life, they won't be here to see the damage that RD is doing to the club, if this goes on for years, then it will take a decade or more to fix! What do they plan to do from the grave?

I wonder if 30year olds got this abuse when they were fighting for the return to the valley?

I know what we were doing yesterday was a bit in your face, but we are working with the 98% and the 2% who are in support of the regime need to understand that. Lots of people I handed stickers to yesterday were very nervous people and shy, if you don't go out your way to make it easy for them then they would go home upset that they weren't involved in something they just didn't have the confidence to take part in.

Yesterday was the first time I would say that all my feelings towards charlton being a different club from the others to be true!

It is a shame that some people can't see the wood for the trees, but they will soon I'm sure.

Your retort was a classic.
  • Options
    Apologies if it's already been posted, here was Johnnie Jackson's view of the support yesterday afternoon:

There we have it chaps, a pretty definitive answer to those who claim we're detrimental to the team on the pitch.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

People are entitled to a different view. I think the longer you've supported Charlton the more likely you are to think we've seen it all before. Wouldn't be the first time we've been relegated.

I wonder though if we'll have ever been relegated with debts in the order of £50m and growing. Not a million miles from a Bolton type risk.
  • Options

And a big apology from me to young Joe for calling you Dan. Nice to have met you.

Just seen this.

Been called worse so I wouldn't worry :-)
  • Options

All around me in the West stood up and sang. The guy next to me who I chat with didn't. He spouted the argument if who else would want us so we are stuck with RD therefore protesting is pointless.

I told him about Varneys emails and the knowledge amongst some that there would be interested parties should he be willing to sell up.

I think this is the biggest reason why some supporters are not joining the campaign - the thought that there is no other option.

My dad sits in west and doesn't understand why people are protesting and does say 'who else will come in?' He said he got a leaflet but said it was a load of tosh when I asked him yesterday, I didn't delve any further as didn't want an argument and I was more concerned to find out whether my 89 yr old grandad got out of the lower west ok to get to the hospital to visit my nan before the protest began.

Having been away and being busy at work I've not had time to read everything, I am struggling to find things to say to change his mind which makes me think other non-social network/forum supporting charlton fans might also feel this way. Is there a comprehensive list of reasons why there are protests or why we want them out? (I'm sure there is I just don't know where to look) but I'd at least like to give my dad the list to read so he can make up his mind knowing more information.

He obviously isn't happy with recent results on the pitch, but he accepts that is part and parcel of football, you can't win all the time etc. He finds it a bit bonkers appointing a previous manager, but as he believes he was the better of the bunch we've had so far, he can see the reasons why he's back, rather than seeing the negative in the reappointment.

Don't shoot me for this next paragraph, I'm just trying to be honest, but having stood back and read a lot of the discussions rather than commenting, I do think there is a 'hype' has been whipped up because so many of you are so absorbed in all things CAFC. (which isn't wrong btw!) I am supportive of what you are trying to achieve and the PV stuff definately swayed me over to that way of thinking, but I think this is why i find it hard to explain the why's and what's to my dad, as I'm probably a little confused myself. I do find once some of you made your mind up that Katrien & Roland were 'bad', you have then read into every minor decision, statement, decision to suit your way of thinking, when sometimes, it may not be so sinister. I'm not defending some of the decisions they have made, but I'm just trying to work out in my mind from a distance what I think about the whole thing. As I said, I am further removed, and less emotionally attached compared to what I used to be (no ST etc) and I am a lot more relaxed about it these days, I let losses wash over me, instead of letting it ruin my whole weekend. This didnt just start when Katrien & Roland came in either so can't blame them for falling out of love with my club.

• Options

Echoing what others have said, I was giving out stickers and leaflets at Landsdowne Mews: lots and lots of 'well dones', 'where can I get a scarf?' and 'good work'. A couple of 'nah, you're alright' and one 'well who would you like in charge then?', but everyone engaged in some way or another. I noticed - in a very non scientific manner - that it seemed to be the younger and the older who took most interest, whilst the 'middle aged' seemed to show the less interest. One bloke tried to give me a few quid, bless you sir (I refused to take it) and I made sure @Tavern had a sticker too ;-)

Thought the first chant in the game was superb and probably 99% support (bloke behind me in the east not happy about it - saw him with fish and chips at half time too), but didn't get the timing of the one about ten mins from the end - we were pushing on and I'm not sure the team needed that then...as a result - to me at least - it seemed to fizzle out very quickly as were more concerned with what was happening on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards. Cheers

Thanks for your hard work - we use Lansdowne Mews entrance. You were a great ambassador for CARD. We took and wore our stickers and joined in the stand ups. Like to think I am middle-aged but in reality we probably are oldies - so fit your profile analysis!