Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton post match views 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    SDAddick said:

I feel like in the last three days I've gone through all of the stages of grief but I've ended up at confusion. I don't think we have that bad of a team, thinking about it were the season to start next week, with a full fit squad I'd say we have a shot at the playoffs. I don't think Riga is as bad a manager as the results have show. It sounds like we've played decent football in patches, and nothing quite comes off. I'm not English, I don't think "the desire to bleed for the shirt" matters as much as footballing intelligence and technical ability, which again I think we have. It genuinely baffles me. If/When we're relegated I'd expect the following to go
    JBG
    Igor
    Lookman
    Cousins
    Motta
    Hendo
    Diarra
    Kashi (maybe on loan, he's far too good for a slog in League One)
    Tex (Same as Kashi)
    Watt (obviously)

And the following loans will be up:
    Poyet
    Young
    Fanni
    Mak
    Sanogo

There is definitely some dross and under-performers in there, but there's also a good amount of quality and international experience. I really fear for what comes next.

If/When the players you list go, my serious concern would be who will we get to replace them? I can assure you that RD will stick to his crazy plan of remaining in FFP, when every other club wont.....we will be in the same position this time next year instead we will be trying to avoid relegation to League 2!! Be aware that this club is doomed all the time out insane owner stays in charge. RIP CAFC
  • Options
    edited February 2016

5 red cards in the league i think? As everyone knows the ownership is a complete shambles and the reason we are going down. You need stability in the league and we couldn't be any further from that if we tried. Compare us to Preston, a team who work hard and have a good team spirit. Remind you of anyone? (2012/13 Powell's side?).
    But don't you just think the players should do a little bit more? Harry Lennon cost us any chance of getting a point today means we're cut adrift even more.
    Also defending set peices?! When will the players learn. No team will go a season without conceding from a corner but four in the last two games? Shambolic.

We need to defend our own set pieces after the dog poo corner from JBG.
  • Options
    Somebody at the club is going to say:
    "We have to stick together"

Not sure how that will help such a crap team, but we seem to get told it in every post match interview.
  • Options

If/When that lot go, my serious concern would be who will we get to replace them? I can assure you that RD will stick to his crazy plan of remaining in FFP, when every other club wont.....we will be in the same position this time next year instead we will be trying to avoid relegation to League 2!! Be aware that this club is doomed all the time out insane owner stays in charge. RIP CAFC

My thoughts exactly. I didn't massively rate SCP as a manager, but the players he brought in on the budget he was given was massively impressive. Obviously we don't have a director of football or chief scout, and I worry that the way we get most of our players is through agents. It's an awful way to do business.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel more and more like we're doing a Newcastle. Owner who made a fortune yet has confusing business practices. Owner who is completely distant from the club. Attempts to remain financially prudent but without a clear plan. Overdependent on young, foreign signings. Complete lack of desire to adjust or change whatever the plan is.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SDAddick said:

If/When that lot go, my serious concern would be who will we get to replace them? I can assure you that RD will stick to his crazy plan of remaining in FFP, when every other club wont.....we will be in the same position this time next year instead we will be trying to avoid relegation to League 2!! Be aware that this club is doomed all the time out insane owner stays in charge. RIP CAFC
    My thoughts exactly. I didn't massively rate SCP as a manager, but the players he brought in on the budget he was given was massively impressive. Obviously we don't have a director of football or chief scout, and I worry that the way we get most of our players is through agents. It's an awful way to do business.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel more and more like we're doing a Newcastle. Owner who made a fortune yet has confusing business practices. Owner who is completely distant from the club. Attempts to remain financially prudent but without a clear plan. Overdependent on young, foreign signings. Complete lack of desire to adjust or change whatever the plan is.

But hasn't RD previously stated that he hates agents?
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10179055/preston-2-1-charlton

No challenge by Solly for the first and a defensive masterclass by Fox for the winner....
  • Options
    Duchâtelet took over a Charlton side that had finished the season before 3 points off the playoffs.

Progress. My arse. League One and worse only under this ownership too, I think some real anger is going to come out on Saturday. Real anger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spent much of this season feeling apathetic but now for one of the first times I'm seriously fucked off. God knows what the implications of this season will be
  • Options

I think some real anger is going to come out on Saturday. Real anger.

I hope you're right, but this is Charlton.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I think some real anger is going to come out on Saturday. Real anger.

I hope you're right, but this is Charlton.
    Some tea will be spilt when being poured from the flask.

It's the start of the revolution, take my word for it....
  • Options

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10179055/preston-2-1-charlton

No challenge by Solly for the first and a defensive masterclass by Fox for the winner....

They are jogging about un-arsed and lunging in, angering. The Club is rotten to it's core because of what's going on, the only decent ones are the fans of which are going to start dropping like flies with apathy or to simply steer themselves away from doing something they may regret. Excruciatingly painful to see this.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    IF I catch sight of the acursed KM I will be lunching myself at her like shit stuck to a tartan blanket!! I might even tut a bit too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who was that who got skinned twice for the second goal? Shocking.
  • Options
    Lennon's anger after the red card was the most passion a Charlton player has shown for a long time ...
  • Options

Another day, another game Charlton do not have a serious manager in charge.

Jose Riga, Bob Peeters, Guy Luzon, Karel Fraeye.

Not competitive appointments. No ambition.

Time to go Roland

think it's clear now that it was Powell's not Riga's management.

Roly, Puppets, Murray OUT

• Options

Duchâtelet took over a Charlton side that had finished the season before 3 points off the playoffs.

Progress. My arse. League One and worse only under this ownership too, I think some real anger is going to come out on Saturday. Real anger.

Third time lucky since avoiding the drop the last 2 seasons. Spleens will be vented come Saturday.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Surely it was Mak at fault for the first, must have been the man asked to mark Garner I would have thought. Bet Garner would have got no where near with Yann in our side.

For whatever reason, tonight I feel confident RD will be gone in the summer, he never comes and has no interest so is going to realise this is a money pit in League One. Maybe that is why he is not really preparing for it.
  • Options
    Goin' down! We're on an express elevator to hell!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Missed It said:

Goin' down! We're on an express elevator to hell!!

Stop your grinning and drop your linen'! We're fucked man what are we gonna do!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

We were far worse under Parky, though admittedly the standard of the Championship was far lower then. Remember when we had four central midfielders in midfield? What was the name of the big lad we got in to play up front and put himself about but never, ever, ever looked like scoring?

Simon Makienok?
  • Options

I miss hamer, wiggins, cort, Stephens, pritchard, hollands, kermo, morrison, Wilson, bwp, taylor, hayes, players who have a shit.....a club who have a shit

https://youtu.be/n-_aUYurjGM

I remember that goal.. seems like such a long time ago now.