Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton post match views 2015/2016

Comments

• Options

Oh hello league one!! I hope @CARD have something big planned for saturday, results don't matter we are finished

I may be wrong (apologies if so), but for various reasons I *doubt* that CARD will organise or get involved with action that could be termed illegal - disrupting matches, trying to get at directors etc.

This stuff has to happen from like-minded people getting together to do it.

Of course it should have happened months ago. That's why we get the woman still walking freely down Floyd Road, trying to goad Airman and laughing her head off. She's scum.
  • Options

About time we changed the words to build a bonfire... Who gets to go on top?

Roland on top, Katrien in the middle
  • Options

Who was that who got skinned twice for the second goal? Shocking.

Fox. Really was non-league level defending.
  • Options
    Absolute shambles - looks like Riga is just as clueless as KF. What the f*** will he attempt on Saturday?
  • Options
    Ok I can't defend (and neither can Charlton) Morgan Fox anymore after that defending for second goal ( row Z row f**king Z Morgan grrrrrrrr)
  • Options
    Well done @Redmidland and others for the match thread again.

must admit expected expected to lose today. Hoped for a win. Sounded like again we looked good until shopping a set piece goal, super happy to equalise more or less immediately. Second goal lost from a set piece is difficult to get back, lost interest really other than late checking of the thread as in a bar with a gunner in Switzerland winding him up as his team lost. Can't say i took any satisfaction from their loss either which is unusual.

Will be at the Valley on Saturday.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

. We deserved at least a point but it is just not to be and when you are down in the dumps nothing seems to go for you. Ironically with three of our home grown off the field before the final whistle the finishing 10 didn't look like 10 men, go figure that.

This sums is up for me. It felt like the kind of match where, when you're down near the bottom, you get nothing from. We finished the game with a French, an Italian, and a Danish international on the pitch, and we had a very weakened side out there.

It's probably useless optimism but I hope Riga sticks with three at the back on Saturday. I hope sticks Young on the left, leaves Motta on the right, and either moves Fox in to CB or brings in Fanni. Tex and Fanni are good on the ball, and play 3 at the back means Johnson doesn't have to touch it. Also, can't remember the last time we had that much possession, even if it didn't work for us in this match.

13 games to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

In the words of Airplane.....'Over, under. Under, DONE.'
    Years of bobbing around in the lower leagues await. Utter torture.

In the words of Airplane "looks like I picked the wrong day to give up glue sniffing "
    Surely you can't be serious?
  • Options
    Just back and have to agree with what's already been posted, shame we couldn;t come away with at least a
    point and yes down to 10 men and you wouldn't have noticed, Good turnout but very quiet, think it's going to be very hard to avoid the drop now.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I know we are all hurting and frustrated at another loss. But to say we are dead and buried and players don't care does not stack up. This was an away game on a cold Tuesday night up north against an in form team. We would not be surprised to have been stuffed! We lost by the odd goal, played last 20 mins with ten men, had same number of shots on target and had the larger possession percentage. Now I wasn't there and the stats may well lie but on the face of it the players gave it a go??

Or we have actually got half decent players but the whole preparation, confidence, organisation, and direction is so shit that we get rolled over by average sides week in week out.
    We have turned up at Preston with a new system, new line up, and players out of position, three days after the last game. That means after ONE TRAINING SESSION. For the coaching staff to even think that will work shows how inept and under qualified they are. You can't throw a set of players together, in a new system and expect it to work. That smacks of panic from a coaching staff devoid of knowledge, experience and ideas.

Yet again, it looks like no scouting, so no organisation at set plays, especially corners. Not that there has been any time to get organised, as we have had to put in a new pattern of play in two days. I'm guessing yesterday was a light training session before travelling north, after a recovery session on Sunday. A Kent Invicta manager would not attempt re-structuring the whole football plan in three days, without working on it. They are Amatuers and it's a complete shambles.

The evidence now is that it wasn't Riga or Carol in 2014, it was Dyer & Mathew who put in the work that kept us up, on the back of Jacko's rallying call, because those two Belgian numpties have been shown up to be clueless.
    Reading that, you might be inclined to believe that Jason Euell's move back to the Academy was less a demotion than an escape...
  • Options
    Where is KM? What has she got to say about the last couple of months?
    Yes there are protests - but she's saying nothing! Let's hear from you KM. let's hear again how you and Roland are getting it so right. How your recruitment policy works so well. How you select players. How each managerial appointment has been a improvement on the last. Come on, let's hear from you now.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Yes there are protests - but she's saying nothing! Let's hear from you KM. let's hear again how you and Roland are getting it so right. How your recruitment policy works so well. How you select players. How each managerial appointment has been a improvement on the last. Come on, let's hear from you now.

I think the only time squirrel face will open her mouth again(apart from on street corners), is when she is telling the media how the fans have been so unbearable she has had to resign.

There is no need for her to open her mouth again as she only spouts b******s.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

SDAddick said:

Tresor kandol.

Yes! Bless him he was awful.

What happened for Lennon's Red Card? Terry on CAFCPlayer didn't see the incident.
    Apparently Lennon kicked him while the ball was 40 yards away.
    Would Lennon do that if Neil Warnock was in charge? Course he bloody wouldn't
    Do you mean the same Neil Warnock who saw two of his players receive Red Cards in his very first match?
  • Options
    I'd like to hear about Cousins' injury and in particular whther it is connected to the previous one. I'm increasingly convinced the fitness and medical staff are as incompetent and under resourced as the coaching staff (as eloquently pointed out by @Tutt-Tutt above). Didn't Riga talk to the press after, and if so did he cover it?
  • Options
    depressing depressing depressing
    I actually asked Mrs for permission to go but was told I needed to take my son indoor cricket training ...... Phew !

Solly weak/slow reactions for the first and Fox outfoxed his own inability for the second , pathetic.

Season 2016/17 in League One

0.5% Autos (smidgeon chance if we get taken over) .......... 5% Playoffs........ 39.5% 7th-12th ............ 45% 13th-21st ........ 10% Our first visit to the 4th tier of English League football

100% Roland out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

depressing depressing depressing
    I actually asked Mrs for permission to go but was told I needed to take my son indoor cricket training ...... Phew !

Solly weak/slow reactions for the first and Fox outfoxed his own inability for the second , pathetic.

Season 2016/17 in League One

0.5% Autos (smidgeon chance if we get taken over) .......... 5% Playoffs........ 39.5% 7th-12th ............ 45% 13th-21st ........ 10% Our first visit to the 4th tier of English League football

100% Roland out

Sadly I Think it's more like this
    0.5% Autos (smidgeon chance if we get taken over) .......... 5% Playoffs........ 19.5% 7th-12th ............ 25% 13th-21st ........ 50% Our first visit to the 4th tier of English League football

With Roland in charge, its the only way we are heading
  • Options

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10179055/preston-2-1-charlton

No challenge by Solly for the first and a defensive masterclass by Fox for the winner....

Lol at Fox running up to emphatically smash the ball into the back of the net from 5 yards after JBG's goal and completely skying it...
  • Options
    ...then doing the same after Preston's 2nd goal...
  • Options
    Think the press, especially the local press need to turn he heat up a notch or ten now.
    The SLP and the newsshopper have been good so far, but they need to really give them hell.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

There is as much chance of RD, Squirrel Face or Murray speaking to fans directly as there is of us staying up. Any communication will come via the media (even that may be unlikely given how nasty some of them have been to poor SF) and speak of their passion/love/enthusiasm etc etc.

The reality is they have nothing to say and no solutions. I suspect they will now retreat into the bunker until the summer and try to paint next season as the real start of Operation Duchatalet, gambling on some good results in a division they probably think will be a cakewalk. Their one human sacrifice may be to jettison Riga to keep the mob at bay.
  • Options
    laughable defending for both goals, why no one on the posts for a corner (that one gets knocked away)....and as for Fox for the 2nd, the less said the better...