Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mel Baroni and Chris Parkes at Bromley Addicks - Post Match Views and Ratings

Comments

• Options

It's all gone quiet over there.......

Stand up if you want reports.....

You're just a sh*t East Kent Addicks.....

etc.

But Bromley isn't in Kent.......;-)
    For your information Bromley most certainly is in KENT!!!
    I think the fact that it's called the LONDON borough of Bromley is a bit if a giveaway !!!!!!

Transferred from Kent to Greater London in 1965
  • Options
    Thought Mel B spoke well. Relatively "easy" night for her in that as much as anything it was her listening to the fans rather than the other way around and she has not been there long enough to cop a load of flack but fair play to her for volunteering and turning up. I would certainly say she comes across as more personable than her boss but then that is her job/training.

Chris was interesting but would have liked to hear some more stories/anecdotes.

All in all a decent evening and if you live local then worth attending in future.
  • Options

Thanks, H. Would be interested in overall impression of Mel - does she have the gravitas, experience and presence we urgently need in such a role?

This, and any clue as to why she gave up a position at such a top advertising agency, for this...

• Options
    BTW has anyone successfully got her to Link In. She has so far not replied to my invite. But then she has not changed ehr profile to reflect her new position, either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BTW has anyone successfully got her to Link In. She has so far not replied to my invite. But then she has not changed ehr profile to reflect her new position, either.

Maybe she's not expecting to be here long :)
  • Options

She hasn't responded to my invite either.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

She hasn't responded to my invite either.
    What about on Linkedin?
    Oh right, sorry, yeah she declined that immediately. ;)
  • Options
    Managed a short conversation with Mel during half-time interval. Seems an astute lady, aware of the size of her task in rebuilding rapport - and support!
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. She clearly has a remit to try and build bridges with the fanbase.

Was it pointed out that for many the bridge has been burned and the relationship written off as "uneconomical to repair" ?
  • Options

Thought Mel B spoke well. Relatively "easy" night for her in that as much as anything it was her listening to the fans rather than the other way around and she has not been there long enough to cop a load of flack but fair play to her for volunteering and turning up. I would certainly say she comes across as more personable than her boss but then that is her job/training.

Chris was interesting but would have liked to hear some more stories/anecdotes.

All in all a decent evening and if you live local then worth attending in future.

Oh, she did the fans' meeting we were promised in November. Makes up for when the club accidentally put on a Q&A session with all their staff...
  • Options
    Thanks for coming Chris and Mel........ an interesting and worthwhile meeting and quite well arrended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I glean from above that Mel Baroni was guarded. However did she indicate what her actual job is, and what she takes responsibility for?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I think Mel understands how difficult her task is and I won't be surprised if last night shocked her. She understands communication has been poor and mistakes made in this area.
    Last night gave her the platform to try and understand what Charlton fans are thinking and how she can try and improve this. She admitted response to emails had been poor and this needed urgent attention.
  • Options

Interesting stuff. She clearly has a remit to try and build bridges with the fanbase.

Was it pointed out that for many the bridge has been burned and the relationship written off as "uneconomical to repair" ?

Yes it was.
  • Options

Who the fuck responds to linkedin invites.

Amazingly, Katrien...
  • Options

I thought both Mel & Chris came across well. We know Chris from old, but Mel seemed pleasant, intelligent & level headed and wanted to listen, which is a very good start. I think she will be a good appointment.

Mel reports to KM and is in charge of 4 people. Including Olly Groome, George Jones and Steve Adamson (who does the big screen).

We had a show of hands, on who likes the screen as it is & it was nil.

100% preferred it as was, with the teams listed.

It was pointed out that the club was well aware of this and was an example of how, the club are not giving the fans/customers what they want & it's a simple win/win.

Easy win for her then. Or not, if Keohane continues to prevail.
  • Options
    When taking a job like this you surely have to buy into RD/KM's vision for the club, her job is now to try and sell/spin that vision to the fans, good luck with that.