Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mel Baroni and Chris Parkes at Bromley Addicks - Post Match Views and Ratings

Comments

• Options

Who the fuck responds to linkedin invites.

Amazingly, Katrien...
    Serial attention seeker, that's why.
  • Options
    Good for Mel. Part of her role ought to be channelling fans views back to the Board, interpreting but not diluting their impact. I hope she is up for that, but I suspect she faces a long hard battle to get them to take fans views seriously.
  • Options

Amazingly, Katrien...
    Yep...

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Dansk_Red said:

When taking a job like this you surely have to buy into RD/KM's vision for the club, her job is now to try and sell/spin that vision to the fans, good luck with that.

In a nutshell. So either she is "one of them" and will just be trying to spin the story to make it palatable (good luck with that as you say), or she may find her tenure at CAFC short-lived. Perhaps explains why she hasn't updated her LinkedIn profile?

• Options
    Still being new to the job I believe she will try and influence RD and KM. Not sure if this will work and probably will use this as a stepping stone to greater things elsewhere.
  • Options

On that note.

I asked her if she felt she was able to sell the vision that Roland has for this club as she must know as a "sports person" that it doesn't work.

I told her not to answer it as I knew she couldn't really answer it properly and you can't expect her to.

Overall I was impressed by her, but I struggle to see why she would take on this job, which isn't actually humanly possible.

Good question, and you gave her the opportunity to say, yes I can answer it...... Which I assume she decided against. KM wouldn't have, but Mel must at least have the sense to know that you can't polish a turd.
  • Options
    Delacroix was very good, especially the way hus work was displayed alongside that of the people he influenced such as Gaugain, Cezanne, Monet and Van Gogh.

Went to see Ray Richardson's London Soul exhibition after. Closing tomorrow but we'll worth checking out. Woolwich born Charlton fan. Really like his work and he turned up with his bulldog. Top mod is Ray. Even remembered me from when we met about 20 years ago.
  • Options

Amazingly, Katrien...
    Yes, I have been LinkedIn to Katrien Meire for a long time and have sent numerous (polite) personal messages asking her to resign.
    Not surprisingly I have received nothing in response. It is possible to check the other person's activity on LinkedIn and yesterday at any rate she hadn't been active for two weeks on the site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Credit to her for showing up less than a month into a very hard job. I don't think anyone could reasonably expect her to dish dirt, not only because it wouyld be unprofessional but also because she is still getting up to speed. As ever, Meire happy to let someone else face the music while she hides behind her colleagues.
  • Options
    I couldn't stay for the whole thing, but from what I could see, Mel was clearly interested in finding out what had gone wrong. But as she herself said, she can't change what has happened in the past. And too many bridges have already been burned.

While this regime are in charge - or unless they change their ways very quickly - she'll always be firefighting with one hand tied behind her back.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

On that note.

I asked her if she felt she was able to sell the vision that Roland has for this club as she must know as a "sports person" that it doesn't work.

I told her not to answer it as I knew she couldn't really answer it properly and you can't expect her to.

Overall I was impressed by her, but I struggle to see why she would take on this job, which isn't actually humanly possible.

Firing rhetorical questions at a Q&A.. Like it A2TR, like it.

• Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    Our best approach is to leave Mel out the war, skip her when and where we can. She's there as a wall for KM to hide behind, and KM is a great sizey wall for RD to cower behind. Brick by brick we need to pull the bricks from the KM to RD wall.. Not mess about elsewhere.
  • Options
    As a way of saying sorry, and as a gesture as they sell up and depart I believe a film with Mel and Katrien is being produced which will be shown on the big screen - it will be a warts and all production and will help explain the reasoning behind suck yun, fanni and the koc.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

wwtone said:

Thanks for coming Chris and Mel........ an interesting and worthwhile meeting and quite well arrended.

a lot sexier than I'd imagined.

Mel looks nice too.
    You're having a laugh, has been on that sunbed too long.
  • Options
    Further to the LinkedIn info on Katrien Meire - it does list in addition to education, experience and qualifications and that kind of stuff, the groups of which she is a member. All three groups are involved in Competition Law or similar which is her main area of expertise of course. I'm not saying this makes her a bad person necessarily but I do wonder if Roland has appointed as CEO to one of his electronics components firms someone with no experience at all in managing and running such a company but has a degree say in Medieval French History?
    Competition Law may have been useful in the take-over of clubs and in the Belgian TV rights deals but.., seriously...as CEO of Charlton?......as a self-styled guru of the business world RD is as off kilter as David Icke who claims that Lizards are ruling the earth - come to think of it at least Icke has played the game - right now I'd take him over Nightmeire.
  • Options

Further to the LinkedIn info on Katrien Meire - it does list in addition to education, experience and qualifications and that kind of stuff, the groups of which she is a member. All three groups are involved in Competition Law or similar which is her main area of expertise of course. I'm not saying this makes her a bad person necessarily but I do wonder if Roland has appointed as CEO to one of his electronics components firms someone with no experience at all in managing and running such a company but has a degree say in Medieval French History?
    Competition Law may have been useful in the take-over of clubs and in the Belgian TV rights deals but.., seriously...as CEO of Charlton?......as a self-styled guru of the business world RD is as off kilter as David Icke who claims that Lizards are ruling the earth - come to think of it at least Icke has played the game - right now I'd take him over Nightmeire.

I still find her massive lack of experience the biggest Linkedin reveal. She was an trainee relatively recently (and many would say still acts like one)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Mel was so impressive, i nearly invited her to the protests on Saturday.
    she said all the right things, football is about passion and Listening to what the fans say. what a shame she hadn't been writing Katrien speeches for the last two years.
    I felt it was important to say that it wasn't the Bromley branch or the rest of the supporters she needed to convince, but her boss and the CEO who she reports to.
    Mel replied her Job, was to advise the CEO as well !
    The 2 hardest jobs at the moment, are the head of Comms for the opposition party in North Korea and the Head of Comms at CAFC.

Very difficult gigs but great for the person who likes a challenge.
    Thrown in the deep end ?
    More like the middle of the Atlantic.

Good luck Mel.

• Options
    its all a nonsense - another temporary appointment smacks of a club on the brink of selling up
  • Options

Mel was so impressive, i nearly invited her to the protests on Saturday.
    she said all the right things, football is about passion and Listening to what the fans say. what a shame she hadn't been writing Katrien speeches for the last two years.
    I felt it was important to say that it wasn't the Bromley branch or the rest of the supporters she needed to convince, but her boss and the CEO who she reports to.
    Mel replied her Job, was to advise the CEO as well !
    The 2 hardest jobs at the moment, are the head of Comms for the opposition party in North Korea and the Head of Comms at CAFC.

Very difficult gigs but great for the person who likes a challenge.

Good luck Mel.

Danger is maybe she will & all the idiots who STILL want to give this lot the benefit of the doubt (& there's still plenty around, just look in crossbars) will say look everyone they have
    listened :-)
  • Options

Amazingly, Katrien...
    Yes, I have been LinkedIn to Katrien Meire for a long time and have sent numerous (polite) personal messages asking her to resign.
    Not surprisingly I have received nothing in response. It is possible to check the other person's activity on LinkedIn and yesterday at any rate she hadn't been active for two weeks on the site.
    So, not looking for a job then...

Shame, as I reckon increased access to same might indicate she was on the way (to misquote the Proclaimers), for us, from misery to happiness today...
  • Options
    The last resort of those who have lost the 'spin' battle is to re-brand.
    I expect therefore (similar to the Hull City 'Tigers' thing) than KM will apply to the Football League to have us re-named as the London Valiants. In her mind this will attract overseas sponsors by the incorporation of the London 'brand'.
    As an additional twist she will probably try and change the team colours to black and white as a little dig to CARD.
    With this CEO anything could happen and it probably will.
  • Options

But someone with a degree in Medieval French History would at least have an understanding of things like nepotism, plotting, back-stabbing and how to humour a king - probably would be a better fit.

Mind you, would you not think that someone with a background in Competition Law might have at least the vaguest notion of the importance of being able to ensure your business (in this case footballing) is at least able to compete?
  • Options

On that note.

Firing rhetorical questions at a Q&A.. Like it A2TR, like it.

Q & Don't A
  • Options

.as a self-styled guru of the business world RD is as off kilter as David Icke who claims that Lizards are ruling the earth - come to think of it at least Icke has played the game - right now I'd take him over Nightmeire.

OMG he's right (David Icke that is) Roland D is one of the Babylonian Brotherhood and is actually a giant lizard and Katrien Meire is his familiar in human form.
    It's so obvious now!
    A group of reptilian humanoids, called the Babylonian Brotherhood, control humanity. David Icke
    Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/david_icke.html
  • Options

Amazingly, Katrien...
    So, not looking for a job then...

Shame, as I reckon increased access to same might indicate she was on the way (to misquote the Proclaimers), for us, from misery to happiness today...
    You know that women don't get jobs without sleeping with the boss, if you want to know whether she's looking for a new job or not, track her tinder activity