Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mel Baroni and Chris Parkes at Bromley Addicks - Post Match Views and Ratings

1235»

Comments

• Options

Macronate said:

wwtone said:

Thanks for coming Chris and Mel........ an interesting and worthwhile meeting and quite well arrended.

a lot sexier than I'd imagined.

Mel looks nice too.
    You're having a laugh, has been on that sunbed too long.
    I would, re "signs your an old git "thread
  • Options
    wwtone said:

Thanks for coming Chris and Mel........ an interesting and worthwhile meeting and quite well arrended.

Bumped for Fanny Fanackapan.
  • Options

wwtone said:

Thanks, CE but think I look more like Chris P !!

• Options

wwtone said:

Thanks, CE but think I look more like Chris P !!

It's not a good photo of her. Seriously.
  • Options
    There have been a couple (not many) "She's one of us or one of them comments." What I would say, having had to apologize for my fair few pigs lacking lipstick in the past is that, it's rarely so one-sided for someone throw in in the communication role. As to why she would take this job, I think this is an excellent test of someone's mettle and ability. If it goes wrong, she can simply put on her CV that she worked at Charlton "A historic club with strong ties in the community, etc." Remember that few are as close to all of this as we are.

That said, if it goes RIGHT, which for many on here is impossible, well then it's the stuff careers are made of.

Also, I would guess that if she does her job well, if she tells hard truths and tries to explain the culture to KM and RD, we'll never see it. As someone mentioned keeping KM out of the spotlight and quiet is the best thing she can do right now. If there were to be changes at the top, namely KM, Mel could well outlast her boss. As such, I think it's important that she is not scapegoated or shot for being the messenger. She's not going to hire a sodding director of football to provide continuity of transfer and managerial appointments, let alone a broader recruitment tool, but she could be one of the few senior people at the club whose job it is to explain the culture of the club.

Best of luck to her, and hopefully there can continue to be constructive dialogue with her, even if there isn't with anyone else at the club.

• Options
    The last resort of the PR/HOC spin doctor when all is lost will be to advise a re-branding or re-naming.
    Given that the NightMeire doesn't give a toss about the history of the club I wouldn't put it past her to explore a name-change for Charlton (similar to the Robert Maxwell attempt at Oxford/Reading = Thames Valley Royals) as a snub to the long-term supporters she so obviously despises. Thames Barrier Valiants anyone?
  • Options

The last resort of the PR/HOC spin doctor when all is lost will be to advise a re-branding or re-naming.
    Given that the NightMeire doesn't give a toss about the history of the club I wouldn't put it past her to explore a name-change for Charlton (similar to the Robert Maxwell attempt at Oxford/Reading = Thames Valley Royals) as a snub to the long-term supporters she so obviously despises. Thames Barrier Valiants anyone?

I can see a nice blue and white strip to go with that.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

When taking a job like this you surely have to buy into RD/KM's vision for the club, her job is now to try and sell/spin that vision to the fans, good luck with that.

In a nutshell. So either she is "one of them" and will just be trying to spin the story to make it palatable (good luck with that as you say), or she may find her tenure at CAFC short-lived. Perhaps explains why she hasn't updated her LinkedIn profile?

I give you Prophetess Weegie...
  • Options
    Glad Mel turned out to be a lady with principles unlike a few others still incumbent at cafc.
  • Options

Glad Mel turned out to be a lady with principles unlike a few others still incumbent at cafc.

Don't tell me that you'd find the idea of Mick Everett being a lady with principles at least a little disconcerting....

The Fans Forum meetings would never be the same.