Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mel Baroni and Chris Parkes at Bromley Addicks - Post Match Views and Ratings

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

On that note.

I asked her if she felt she was able to sell the vision that Roland has for this club as she must know as a "sports person" that it doesn't work.

I told her not to answer it as I knew she couldn't really answer it properly and you can't expect her to.

Overall I was impressed by her, but I struggle to see why she would take on this job, which isn't actually humanly possible.

Firing rhetorical questions at a Q&A.. Like it A2TR, like it.

Q & Don't A
    Fack Orf.
  • Options

PL54 said:

On that note.

I asked her if she felt she was able to sell the vision that Roland has for this club as she must know as a "sports person" that it doesn't work.

I told her not to answer it as I knew she couldn't really answer it properly and you can't expect her to.

Overall I was impressed by her, but I struggle to see why she would take on this job, which isn't actually humanly possible.

Q & Don't A
    Fack Orf.
    Don't get tetchy - probably a late night for you. I forgive.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Polite girl is Mel and she knows how to come across well but let's be honest here, if Katrien tells her to jump she will only reply "How high"

I reckon she will be gone in a year or so when she realises Katrein is a stubborn useless fool
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Polite girl is Mel and she knows how to come across welk but let's be honest here, if Katrien tells her to jump she will only reply "How high"

I reckon she will be gone in a year or so when she realises Katrein is a stubborn useless fool

More likely to be poached to fill the role for CARD, certainly would be better for her career prospects...
  • Options

Further to the LinkedIn info on Katrien Meire - it does list in addition to education, experience and qualifications and that kind of stuff, the groups of which she is a member. All three groups are involved in Competition Law or similar which is her main area of expertise of course. I'm not saying this makes her a bad person necessarily but I do wonder if Roland has appointed as CEO to one of his electronics components firms someone with no experience at all in managing and running such a company but has a degree say in Medieval French History?
    Competition Law may have been useful in the take-over of clubs and in the Belgian TV rights deals but.., seriously...as CEO of Charlton?......as a self-styled guru of the business world RD is as off kilter as David Icke who claims that Lizards are ruling the earth - come to think of it at least Icke has played the game - right now I'd take him over Nightmeire.

I've long thought that perhaps RD took KM on as exactly what she is - a competition lawyer. As such, a significant part of her time will be spent doing legal work for other parts of his empire. This means that, for RD, the CEO job is assumed to be a part-time role. Her ambition is to avoid being pigeon-holed in the football part of his empire and to move on to a senior role elsewhere in the empire. The nitty-gritty of managing Charlton is the irksome bit of her job description for which she has little appetite or patience.
  • Options

Mel was so impressive, i nearly invited her to the protests on Saturday.
    she said all the right things, football is about passion and Listening to what the fans say. what a shame she hadn't been writing Katrien speeches for the last two years.
    I felt it was important to say that it wasn't the Bromley branch or the rest of the supporters she needed to convince, but her boss and the CEO who she reports to.
    Mel replied her Job, was to advise the CEO as well !
    The 2 hardest jobs at the moment, are the head of Comms for the opposition party in North Korea and the Head of Comms at CAFC.

Very difficult gigs but great for the person who likes a challenge.
    Thrown in the deep end ?
    More like the middle of the Atlantic.

Good luck Mel.

So she's the CEO's professional adviser?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

she said all the right things, football is about passion and Listening to what the fans say. what a shame she hadn't been writing Katrien speeches for the last two years.
    I felt it was important to say that it wasn't the Bromley branch or the rest of the supporters she needed to convince, but her boss and the CEO who she reports to.
    The 2 hardest jobs at the moment, are the head of Comms for the opposition party in North Korea and the Head of Comms at CAFC.

Thrown in the deep end ?

Good luck Mel.

Yes, that is what she said.
    I know the horse has bolted, and it's too late to shut the stable door.
    but at least she can gain some experience before she gets a job with a professionally run football club.

• Options
    i'm not berating her in asking, I'm berating Katrien for not thinking she needed her sooner.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Thrown in the deep end ?

Good luck Mel.

but at least she can gain some experience before she gets a job with a professionally run football club.

So head of comms is a bit misleading if you ask me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

On that note.

Q & Don't A
    Fack Orf.
    Don't get tetchy - probably a late night for you. I forgive.

I referenced the below
    on the other thread about this. I take it back, you've still got it

cabbles
    February 25 edited February 25
    PL54 said:
    Can you imagine how many flags I would have had if I had been involved in that exchange !

I actually think you're losing your magic PL. I don't think you can goad them like you used to
    Flag Quote · Like 9LOL
  • Options
    I don't feel very goaded if I'm honest Cabs. :-)
  • Options
    But she seems to have now been advised to shut up. Which is probably the best advice anybody can give her. She has made the situation far worse by allowing her ego to insult the fans. I wouldn't want the head of comms job at Charlton under this shower. Things that would seem sensible, like the owner being interviewed were only going to be own goals as he really has no insight as to what he has done wrong and he came over as a patronising mad man. WHich is what he is. A decent head of comms would try to shut him and Meire up, which is against the logic of the job.
  • Options

Good luck Mel.

Danger is maybe she will & all the idiots who STILL want to give this lot the benefit of the doubt (& there's still plenty around, just look in crossbars) will say look everyone they have
    listened :-)
    Great! So, anyone with a different view to you is an idiot...
  • Options
    I didn't go last night because I was too angry and was afraid I would say something I would regret, I'm not sure this Mel lady is the answer to our prayers , she's trying to take the flak from Katrien, when really Katrien shouldn't be doing the job.
  • Options

Sevensix said:

I asked if she had met RD yet and whether he had been able to put across to her a clear vision of what she should be communicating. She had, and it turned out that she had been responsible for laying on the recent series of films, which surprised me as I didn't think she had been there long enough for that.

So if the whole initiative was her brainchild then she has been quick off the mark in facilitating some 'communication'.

One should never 'shoot the messenger', so if this was her idea then good luck to her for acting quickly. However, the message itself as delivered by RD in the films is so unattractive, unconvincing and undeliverable that this particular piece of 'better communication' hasn't solved anything - it has merely brought all the mistakes and failures of the past two years into still sharper focus.

Any communications manager, however open, personable and capable as she may be, is going to have to scale a mountain to explain the ambitions of our owner. Even getting him to display enthusiastic empathy for the wish of all football supporters everywhere - getting their club up the league ladder - would be a good start. But I don't think he has that in him.

Precisely the problem. Lipstick on a pig and all that. You can't package this nonsense successfully because it is nonsense.
    That's no way to talk about Katrien ;-)
  • Options
    I am smiling reading this. My money's on poor Mel being slated on here before the season's out. Her job is to defend the indefensible and RD and KM aren't going to take much advice from anyone. She will have to alienate us or leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is refreshing and unusual to read that someone who the terrible duo have employed in a professional capacity does not come across like a total fuckwit.

It is refreshing and unusual to read that someone who the terrible duo have employed in a professional capacity does not come across like a total fuckwit.

Yet.
  • Options
    Sounds like she might as well just be the CEO. What does Katrien do that this women couldn't do...

Oh yeh, those things with Roland
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Sounds like she might as well just be the CEO. What does Katrien do that this women couldn't do...

I don't think he is her type!
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Hi Katrien...if ya say so :)
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Thrown in the deep end ?

Good luck Mel.

So head of comms is a bit misleading if you ask me
    Matt Wright who was a head of Comms, said you are there to advise the CEO, as well as to represent the football club in a good light.
    Where a fanzine is there to do a different job.
    Katrien was under the impression the fanzine was there to promote her and the owner.
    Which might explain why she got on her soapbox !
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Hi Katrien...if ya say so :)
    I should give you a flag for that comment!
  • Options
    Sounds like she's an intelligent person. Shame she will soon find out she is working for arrogant, ignorant people. If she is intelligent she will soon leave. If not, she can stay and suck up to Katrien. I wonder if she's seen the famous PowerPoint presentation?
  • Options
    kafka said:

Sounds like she's an intelligent person. Shame she will soon find out she is working for arrogant, ignorant people. If she is intelligent she will soon leave. If not, she can stay and suck up to Katrien. I wonder if she's seen the famous PowerPoint presentation?

Or maybe she'll accept the challenge - be the communicator / conduit we currently need and might just make things a little better.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

kafka said:

Or maybe she'll accept the challenge - be the communicator / conduit we currently need and might just make things a little better.

A good, positive attitude. But will she be able to stop them making ridiculous decisions around the team and management though?

No. So at best, she only be an apologist
  • Options
    kafka said:

Swisdom said:

kafka said:

A good, positive attitude. But will she be able to stop them making ridiculous decisions around the team and management though?

No. So at best, she only be an apologist
    Or acceptor, ostrich, wrong-un, sympathiser..