Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer 2016

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Always knew those Cardinals were wronguns.

Look at their biggest fan on here, for example... :-)
  • Options
    Exciting times in Baltimore....
  • Options
    Go Giants!!
  • Options
    Hoping for some Papi October magic. One last time.
  • Options
    Who we all got for it then? Obviously want the Sox to do it but think they've peaked this year, would love to see Papi do it though. Have a sneaky feeling for Jays.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Go Giants!!

Get in!
  • Options
    Behind the Sox obviously as my team but if it wasn't them would love the Cubs. Would get baseball in the mainstream English news. It would be massive
  • Options
    It's going to be the Giants year again!
  • Options
    I wouldn't rule the Giants out yet especially with Bumgarner going in game 3 but the Cubs are obviously favourites to progress hopefully against my Dodgers. If the Dodgers don't do it would love to see the Cubs finally win it all after a very long 108 year wait.
  • Options
    BJs for me, every time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes but what about the baseball?
  • Options
    Cubs-giants into the 12th right now.
  • Options

The good guys win... :smiley:
  • Options
    Urgh talk about mixed emotions... Dont know who I want to see win between the Cubs and Giants as like them both
  • Options
    Less said about Sox the better, terrible but I fully expected it. Feel sorry for Papi though.

I'd like the Cubs to do it, I can understand the dislike for them but it feels very similar to the Sox and their problems all those years plus they have a lot of ex Boston connections at the club now. Still fancy the Jays to do it though.
  • Options
    I don't really dislike anyone other than Manchester United sorry, I mean the Yankees. A Dodgers win would be a bit hard to stomach mind...
  • Options

Yes. A Giants win tonight and anything can happen in game 5. I love the playoff system.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Yes. A Giants win tonight and anything can happen in game 5. I love the playoff system.
    So that was that!
  • Options
    Rob said:

Cracking final two games of the series between Cubs and Giants. Cubs tying it up in the 9th in both games (and going ahead last night) shows how resilient they've become.
    Now the Redsox are out, the Cubs are my team of choice, so I'm happy how it turned out in the end.
    Also, two Cubs pitchers with postseason HRs (including the first against Bumgarner) and Grandpappy Ross becoming the oldest ever Cub to hit a postseason HR shows how deep they are digging. They are truly focused on winning the whole thing.
    I really hope they do it.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    If the Cubs do it thats global sports news. Biggest sports story out the US since the Sox broke the Curse of the Bambino and the story was headline news on BBC.

I mean they have Lester, Hendricks, Arrieta, Lackey to rotate as a starting pitching 4 for the play offs. Crazy good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It gets to a point where it starts to look inevitable. Cubs World Series champions, Leicester Premier League champions in 2016? Beats being Yankees and Manure
  • Options
    Don't rule out my Nationals!!
  • Options
    The Giants blew it though. Why oh why did Bochy not use Matt Moore in the 9th, especially as the Giants bullpen has imploded all year. The whole Giants season encapsulated into one game. Blown saves.
  • Options
    Fantastic comeback win for the Cubs, one of the best overall division series i've seen. You do wonder if their time has finally come. Would like to see them face the Dodgers in the NLCS but as we had to use Kershaw in Game 4 and the Nats have a rested Scherzer ready to go in Game 5 they must start as favourites to progress. Cubs must be favourites to beat whoever wins however. Very even looking ALCS, I just fancy the Indians over the Blue Jays, could be a long close series. Can't beat Play Off Baseball.
  • Options
    Delighted that the Dodgers got through last night, I think they have it all to do against the Cubs, but who knows.
  • Options
    Cleveland Indians not won the world series since 1948 will play either the Cubs (no win since 1908 and no world series since 1945) or the Dodgers (no win since last world series in 1988)

Cubs 3-2 up with two home games to come but this is the Cubs
  • Options
    Must be pretty good being a Cleveland sports fan this year.
  • Options

Cleveland Indians not won the world series since 1948 will play either the Cubs (no win since 1908 and no world series since 1945) or the Dodgers (no win since last world series in 1988)

Cubs 3-2 up with two home games to come but this is the Cubs

Ah, but you are a Cards fan Henners, so you would say that! :smile:

One thing that the Dodgers have in their favour is that Kershaw starts on Saturday. Hendricks is no mug, but if Kershaw does his stuff as he can, it goes to a one game shootout and then anything can happen.
    You've got to fancy the Cubs to win one out of two games at home though.
  • Options
    As a Cards fan it is hard to see the Cubs close to finally lifting the curse but they have been the best team, strength in all areas and the best record.

They have everything to win it and it's good that the four team left had all not won the WS for decades.

The Cards will come good again ;- (
  • Options
    Question. My mate is visiting me from England and has really got into baseball while he is here and wants to carry it on back home. What free view channel could he watch it on? Is there one? What do you guys watch it on from the UK?