Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer 2016

Comments

• Options
    It's on BT sports bit not any free view I know of.

But the MLB sites have lots of video coverage.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Rob said:

Question. My mate is visiting me from England and has really got into baseball while he is here and wants to carry it on back home. What free view channel could he watch it on? Is there one? What do you guys watch it on from the UK?

If he's going to watch games a lot, I'd just sign up for MLB At Bat for the year, then he can watch whatever games he wants. The advantage over you guys in the States is that there are no viewing restrictions when you watch from abroad. (Some games are televised in the US so are unavailable on At Bat from within the US)
    Also, you can watch games on delay the next day and if he's got Apple TV, he can watch it through that rather than use a PC.

From memory, I think At Bat is about £80 for the season, including postseason. Not too bad IMHO.

Edit: @Rob - as Henry says, he can use the MLB.com site to watch too. If your mate only wants to catch highlights, this is fine. Or if he only wants to watch an occasional game live and doesn't mind which teams it involves, they often have a free game of the day.
  • Options
    Or if he uses Kodi there are plenty of options.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'll let him know what you've said. He's hooked. :-) :-)
  • Options
    Cleveland won the first Game 6-0 against the Cubs yet its 1-1 in the World Series now after the latter won 5-1 last night.

All to play for but come on the Cubs!!!
  • Options
    Big one tonight for the Cubbies. Hendricks has been lights out this year and they need him to out pitch Tomlin.... Especially with Kluber back on 4 days rest tomorrow v Lackey.
  • Options
    Game 3 is tomorrow night mate.
  • Options
    Really hope the Cubs win especially after reading about the Steve Bartman incident in 2003.

Absolutely brutal how he got treated by many Baseball fans when it seemed that all it would have taken was an statement from the Cubs afterwards to say it wasnt his fault and that Alou was never going to reach the ball
  • Options
    One of the best series I've seen. I hope Cleveland win this as I'm a big fan of Francona.

I thought the Cubs fan in the bar tonight was going to have a heart attack.
  • Options
    Will be a tragedy if the Cubs miss out on what would be the biggest fairytale in US sporting history but miss out i think they will after last night.

Will be 4 2 Indians this time tomorrow with Kluber up again for them. The wait will go to 109 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will be a tragedy if the Cubs miss out on what would be the biggest fairytale in US sporting history but miss out i think they will after last night.

Will be 4 2 Indians this time tomorrow with Kluber up again for them. The wait will go to 109 years

Why is it such a fairytale?
  • Options
    Curse of the goat, 108 year drought, one of the classic old teams in a classic old stadium.... Even Back to the Future used them as a wild example of the year 2015 and what could happen.

When the Red Sox won it in 04 that was a fairytale - this would be up there.
  • Options

Curse of the goat, 108 year drought, one of the classic old teams in a classic old stadium.... Even Back to the Future used them as a wild example of the year 2015 and what could happen.

When the Red Sox won it in 04 that was a fairytale - this would be up there.

Would this make Theo Epstein the Fairy Godmother?!?
  • Options
    Difficult to see the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Even if Lester gets it back to 3-2 tonight the Indians will have 2 shots to win it back at home and I think they will win it in 6. They have been the best team in the Post season and would be worthy winners.
  • Options
    Momentum is a big thing and it's definitely with the Indians now. They didn't just win yesterday, they blew the Cubs away. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland clinch it today.
  • Options
    I hate those cubs, come on the tribe!!!
  • Options
    Well, the Cubs have kept it alive for another day.
    Cleveland lead 3-2 with Arrieta vs Tomlin the match up on Tuesday back at Cleveland.
    Cleveland have simply been better than the Cubs so far and would be deserved winners - their pitchers Gruber and Tomlin have been excellent and they've found decent at bats all through the line up. However, Arrieta on the mound and the quality of batting the Cubs have IF they can find their groove means they have a great chance to tie it up on Tuesday night.
    If they manage that, you've got to expect Hendricks vs Gruber in game 7.
    Cleveland still big favourites, obviously, but this is not over.

I love this game.
  • Options
    Hoo boy, this is it now, either way it has been a great world series, first grand slam in 11 years last night helped Cubs win 9-3.

Game 7 tonight, Hendricks vs Kluber, starts at 8 minutes past midnight on BT Sport 2
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Brilliant series.
    Actually, it's been a pretty good postseason all round.
    You can't argue with either of these teams deserving it. The only shame for me is that it starts at 4 in the morning where I am and I'll have to go to work before it's finished.
    I can't decide who i think has the advantage now. Kluber (Indians) has been untouchable so far, but the Cubs bats seem to have suddenly found their mojo. Cubs have the momentum, but the Indians have home field. The Indians have been great this year, but the Cubs have been outstanding.
    I just can't call it.
    Regardless, it's an early night tonight and an early start tomorrow for me.
    :smiley:
  • Options
    Hope the Cubs finally do it. I wrote them off - but the Indians massively over rely on Kluber though in fairness pitching him for the third time this series tonight could yet win it for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love game 7's. Come on Cleveland.
  • Options
    Cubs on a roll, but this is too close to call. This is how it should be - Game 7 with two great pitchers. Kluber starts for the 3rd time in this series - this could be a factor. Think home field works better for Cubs as it allows Schwarber to play as DH. Hoping Cubs win just for the historic significance.
  • Options
    Didn't see this coming, but full marks to the Cubs for the way they have come back. Anybody's guess what will happen tonight, the Cubs have all the momentum and Hendricks is a fine pitcher, but Kluber has been the best pitcher on either side in the series. A great way to end a terrific season, just a pity there is no more Baseball after tonight until next spring.
  • Options
    First at bat, single home run for the Cubs
  • Options
    Wow. This game is something else. Cleveland have just tied it up, 6-6 bottom of the 8th.
  • Options
    Oh my, 4 outs away, Cubs lead 6-3, take out Lester, Chapman comes in, gives up a run, followed by a 2 run homer and it's a tied game
  • Options
    Now the rain has come in and they have groundsmen ready with the tarp top of the 9th still 6-6
  • Options
    Going into the 10th. 6-6.
  • Options
    Blimey. Now stopped for rain.