Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield W v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Beckboy said:

Teams around us are making a fist of it we on the other hand are going down faster then a whores drawers

We'd got 7 points from 9 before today.
    If it helps, I might ask, how many points did we get of the previous nine available?

Over the course of the season we have not been good enough, and have shown less urgency, than our competitors (to use a nice business-y term), at the "top" of the organisation to address shortcomings...
  • Options
    Sounds like first half went according to plan, then Sheff Wed make two changes at halftime, it sounds like they went to a back 3, and they score three goals. If only some club had done that to us before so that we could have learned how to deal with...oh right EXACTLY what Fulham did. Riga set his team up well again, but he is maddeningly slow to make changes in game, in both personnel and formation. We have played various formations from the start, but in game, we don't seem to have a plan B. You have Fox at LB who can play LCB, Young who can play wingback, and yet we seems strictly devoted to 4-4-2 during the match.

Reza probably should have come off at halftime from the sounds of things, but waiting until the ~65th minute and until after we conceded was incredibly infuriating. When they saw the change at halftime, Charlton needed to change their formation to match. Fanni and Tex against Niuhu was never going to work, we needed to either drop Diarra back or bring on Harry Lennon.

The less Lookman plays, the better he gets. When he played 60 minutes last week he looked average. He's young and he's growing into his game and he's unpredictable, sometimes in a good way, sometimes not. I wonder what has happened to Mak. It sounded like we needed to the ball to go forward and stick, and no one does that as well as Mak does.

Feel for Harriott, sounds like he worked hard. I still don't think he's a forward. Apart from goal and hard work, I don't think he was that good last weekend. When the ball goes forward to him it doesn't stick. That's not necessarily his fault as he's more of a wide forward, but he would do much better with a player who can hold up play.

• Options
    Too many players just going through the motions. I have it on good authority that training sessions are just a joke. No one cares, no one gives a flying... and that includes me. Roll on April when it's all over ... oh, of course it's all over now!
  • Options

Have to put the blame on John Little and Mel Baroni.

They have clearly disrupted the positive vibes created by Katrien and Roland.

Don't forget the fans that want us to fail.
  • Options
    First half we matched them. Second half they came out like they meant it, usual bollock-less defending by us from a corner for the first then heads went down and the competitive edge went from.everyone except harriott who was the best charlton player on the pitch. I wish Forestieri played for us even if he is a cheating bastard
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    o
    addick05 said:

Too many players just going through the motions. I have it on good authority that training sessions are just a joke. No one cares, no one gives a flying... and that includes me. Roll on April when it's all over ... oh, of course it's all over now!

it won't be over though, this is going to go on and on with these clueless twunts in charge.
  • Options
    Our Achilles heel came to the fore yet again..conceding from corners, that's 18 goals now scored from them, what the hell are we doing on the training ground????????????? 0 shots on target and cant defend, please don't tell me Riga knows what he is doing, my dear old mum could get a team to perform better than that. Why oh why didn't RD go for Warnock, I'm telling you he will get Rotherham to stay up while we drop with Bolton and MK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I decided not to make this one of my final away trips this season, text from a friend at the games says we could have easily lost that by a couple more.

Riga has shown himself to be barely better then the rest of the no-mark coaches RD has hired.

I do wonder what has happened to our wonderkid Lookman and fear for his injury/fitness issues that seems to mean he can only play more then 10 minutes if he has TV cameras on him............
  • Options

Our Achilles heel came to the fore yet again..conceding from corners, that's 18 goals now scored from them, what the hell are we doing on the training ground????????????? 0 shots on target and cant defend, please don't tell me Riga knows what he is doing, my dear old mum could get a team to perform better than that. Why oh why didn't RD go for Warnock, I'm telling you he will get Rotherham to stay up while we drop with Bolton and MK

Surely, being in Hinckley, your affiliation has moved to a club nearer you. Welcome aboard the Leicester band wagon!
  • Options

RD will never go for someone who isn't either a) network, b) former network, c) Belgian or a combination of the three. All the while he is in charge, he is never going to change. Remember, the Serb is waiting in the wings to pick us up pre-season.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Out of interest... where are you hearing this about the training sessions?
  • Options
    We were crap, Wednesday were less crap. Our forwards were isolated, Diarra was left to battle for four in midfield and our defence looks like conceding from every set piece. Based on that and much more, we deserve to go down.

Little Chef were poor for a sixth place team but we didn't match them anywhere. We're a bloody shambles.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Beckboy said:

Teams around us are making a fist of it we on the other hand are going down faster then a whores drawers

We'd got 7 points from 9 before today.
    Thanks Roland. And before that?
  • Options
    So ... is Roland upset that we didn't get the three points or delighted as he has more ammunition (albeit in his head) to fire at fans who want us to fail?
  • Options
    Well, that was tough to take. We were in control first half and for about 10mins of the second. Then Wendies just went up a gear. Diarra was pulled all over the place - think he took a knock at start of 2nd half. Fox was very good, but mediocre after half time. Ba sauntered around and Motta slower than a 2yr old. Foristieri started passing better and we caved in.
    But I agree that Riga was at fault for not getting Reza off soon enough. He played far too deep and couldn't hold the ball up at all. Callum was brilliant but there was no outlet for him.
    The sorry bit is our inability to defend corners. Any opposition will be concentrating on that weakness and thinking it's only a matter of time. Don't think we had a shot on target either.
    Still dreaming of escape…but today we ended up singing we're off to Shrewsbury. Reality biting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played well for first 50 or so minutes and frustrated them. The game was begging for a change and Riga seemed to be the only one unaware of this. Harriott putting in some consistent performances. Other than Reza, didn't think anyone really had a poor game. Just lacking belief. Foristieri up to his normal antics
  • Options
    Seems little doubt we frustrated them for the first 50+ minutes. Were we content to nick a point here and there, great. But we need wins. And we cannot defend corners so every time we conceded one it's Russian roulette time, plus we did not manage a single shot on goal.
  • Options

mogodon said:

So ... is Roland upset that we didn't get the three points or delighted as he has more ammunition (albeit in his head) to fire at fans who want us to fail?

He probably doesn't even know we played.
    Doesn't he watch every game on a live stream?
  • Options
    On the way back from the match. Was in the home end, so could talk about some of their fans*, especially the bloke in front of me with squeaky voice, but can't be bothered.

Sheff W deserved the win, definitely. We deserved nowt. Maybe 3-0 flattered them, but we were worth the 0.

Whether with Reza or Igor, it was like playing with 10 men. Harriott tried hard but not much came off. JBG might be having a great season in statisticsland, but he winds me up.

*{...} some of them were unique (meaning weird) {...}
  • Options
    Disappointed but not surprised that we conceded from a corner. Defensively we are a shambles.

Has Fanni ever played centre back before he joined? I thought he was a full back?

We'll need to win 5 out of the last 8 to have any hope. No chance. Do us all a favour Roland, sell the club so we can rebuild properly in L1