Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield W v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Riga's post match comment sums it up for me - a complete lack of ambition:

We know we needed to keep a clean sheet to have any hope of getting a point from this game and after that, everything went too quickly.

It's up there with, and I'm paraphrasing, 'We can't be expected to go places and win' from Karel. So often regime members are hiding behind poor English when what they are saying is shocking.
    Score goals? What do you think we are, a football team?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Sheff wed were bloody awful that first half and were there for the taking like at the valley but when your best player is on the bench you have no chance. You would thought Riga would have realised they were there for the taking and made a couple of changes at half time and really went for it but no he left it till it was too late. Sheff wed manager realised we were there for taking and made 2 changes at half time and really went for it. Why can't our manager do that.

We were poor first half but how was we there for the taking when you didn't even have one effort on goal all game?

Riga set you up to get a 0-0 draw when you need all three, and because of this we had to try and unlock you ...thankfully we made the changes and it was achieved.

Personally if you're Gunna set up like that away from home then your asking for trouble.

• Options
    the hatred. just so much hatred! no wonder so many turned up for this one. cup final for them.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237809-charlton-though/page-1
  • Options

the hatred. just so much hatred! no wonder so many turned up for this one. cup final for them.

Never seen a group of fans so bitter after a 3-0 win. The amount we get under their skin even when we lose is very gratifying
  • Options

Never seen a group of fans so bitter after a 3-0 win. The amount we get under their skin even when we lose is very gratifying
    And I thought everyone was indifferent to us. Hilarious.
  • Options

They'll miss us when we're gone..

• Options
    It's only a bit of a laugh ..cast you're memory back to some of the shit I took on here after the fa cup game ...swings and roundabouts or should that be crossbars? ;-)
  • Options
    I have always enjoyed our visits to Hillsborough,not because we won but because it was a proper football club but after yesterday I'm pleased that we will be visiting United instead. This isn't because we lost as with the team we put out loosing was the only option, no it is because the staff and supporters that I came in contact with were quite obnoxious.

As for you Piggy your team was there for the taking in the first half by any team that had an attacking nous, we didn't and so we couldn't.

I hope you reach the playoff final and loose as there are many better teams with far better supporters than then ones I saw yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's only a bit of a laugh ..cast you're memory back to some of the shit I took on here after the fa cup game ...swings and roundabouts or should that be crossbars? ;-)

I just had a quick look 'over there' on their current thread. Bloody hell, didn't realise that so much bitterness and animosity existed from them! It's amazing that a "tinpot" club like Charlton can cause such a stir!! Still, an inferiority complex does tend to stir the emotions! Unbelievable stuff!!
  • Options

mate, If that's what you class as humour then I hate to see what Wednesday fans are like when they're angry. you can see every comment is full of malice.
  • Options
    Yes you have to just laugh at all of the bile on that thread. Frothing at the mouth with hatred after a 3.0 home win. Strange bunch!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Fair to say 3-0 flattered Wednesday today. We were the better side for 60 minutes.

It was like playing with ten men for most of the game though. Reza was that dreadful. Can't hold the ball up, can't get into space without being offside & can't pass a ball 2 yards.

Why is this guy playing when Igor, Lookman and Mak are on the bench?

I'd agree with this. For the first half at least, ten of our players were the better team, especially Harriott (quickly becoming my POTY), Fox, Diarra and Ba. I say ten because I don't regard Reza as a professional footballer.

There's no way Reza should be anywhere near a Championship side. He wouldn't get in any other team in this division. He's not even League One standard. Headless chicken with zero football intelligence.

Fox had a solid game but isn't helped by Suk-Young infront of him constantly inviting pressure and letting attackers skip past him.

Quite happy if Nick Pope is our number one from now on. Didn't put a foot wrong and didn't deserve to concede three goals from a side that switched off at half-time.

Final word to Riga. Clueless. He got lucky last time, make no mistake about that. Bizarre team selection and even stranger subsitiutuons.
  • Options
    just seen the 'highlights'. looks as if fanni is out jumped twice for the opening two goals. another great centre back.
  • Options

I have always enjoyed our visits to Hillsborough,not because we won but because it was a proper football club but after yesterday I'm pleased that we will be visiting United instead. This isn't because we lost as with the team we put out loosing was the only option, no it is because the staff and supporters that I came in contact with were quite obnoxious.

As for you Piggy your team was there for the taking in the first half by any team that had an attacking nous, we didn't and so we couldn't.

I hope you reach the playoff final and loose as there are many better teams with far better supporters than then ones I saw yesterday.

If ever there was a bitter sounding post then this would be it.
    So a few fans acted like pricks in a crowd of 30k ...and you didn't like the staff ? Elaborate as to what upset you or send a email of complaint if you must ...my sausage roll was cold yesterday and I had to tell the lad behind the counter how much change I needed, you just can't get the staff can you ?

As for the play offs ...never in our wildest dreams were we thinking that and if we just make it then that alone is a brilliant season for us .

• Options
    mogodon said:

You'd be bitter if you opened the curtains every morning and realised you were still living in Sheffield. Show them some pity. They don't have much else other than a perennial underachieving football club with delusions of grandeur
    Let me remind you that not everyone on ot lives in Sheffield and many on here do and love it ....seriously sheffield is a great place with lovely women ;-).....but I would say that wouldn't I ?
  • Options

One more thing, look how Wednesday have gradually progressed with half-decent management and investment since their return from League One. With us. Roland, we are an utter shambles with you around. Time to go.

Carlos Carvahal (sp) is another inexperienced Manager who doesnt know the Championship...

Difference is Senior Management didnt sack him the moment Wednesday went on a bad run and they concentrated on signing players with experience here in England along with foreign imports
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One more thing, look how Wednesday have gradually progressed with half-decent management and investment since their return from League One. With us. Roland, we are an utter shambles with you around. Time to go.

Carlos Carvahal (sp) is another inexperienced Manager who doesnt know the Championship...

Difference is Senior Management didnt sack him the moment Wednesday went on a bad run and they concentrated on signing players with experience here in England along with foreign imports
    Spot on. He has made some really astute signings. His own choices as well I would suggest.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Bang on. He was caught out by a simple diamond system at the Valley and failed to make any adjustment during the game, other than changing Joao for Hooper. Which was embarrassing when you consider Fraye is probably the worst coach ever at this level of English football and outdid him.
    However, it looks like Carvajhal has learnt and made the necessary adjustments yesterday, unlike our Network clone who made his subs too late. #BelgianAmatuers.
    And along with most of the side that day having an absolute shit game as well ...It happens.

We are something like two or three games away from our best ever clean sheet tally and we are scoring for fun ...and despite what people think we haven't spent big when you consider other sides in this division.

Carlos might be a newbie to England but he is a tactical genius....

Forest fans last week said we were the best side to visit there this season ...Some said years.

• Options

However, he has managed at top domestic level and not the Belgian third division.
  • Options

"Don't think any of us gave a damn that we only finished 2nd. We'd just beaten our actual rivals to promotion, closing a massive gap in the process.
    They're extremely bitter that no one in the country gave a poo poo that they won the league at a canter. Was all about the Wednesday being back"

Hahahaha

What you guys are missing is the fact United were five points clear with two games in hand and we had just lost at Chesterfield and we were on a terrible run before we played them at hillsborough that we ended up winning by one goal to nil.

They were favourites all the way ...We caught them and pipped them to automatic, it was massive.
    I was on holiday when they blew the play off final against huddersfield ...It was great stuff ..The city was buzzing ...We most of it :-)

• Options
    When I saw Reza and Harriott starting up front, I knew we were going to lose. To be fair Wendies didn't trouble us at all in the first half and we looked quite comfortable without any attacking threat at though.

Wendies changed it at half time and brought the lump on up front who made all the difference to them and we just didn't cope with him. As soon as the crowd sniffed that they could win in the noise level was different class from them and they pushed their team in front for the first two goals, game over!

Great to meet Elfsborg Addick and Lincsaddick before the game for a pint, good lads. I even met 'principle' at the bar who told me the New Barrack Tavern was his local. Good day out apart from the second 45 minutes even though our train was cancelled on the way home and we eventually got back at 11.30pm!
  • Options
    The crowd were brilliant for them when they were winning. Felt like a huge leap in home attendance compared to last season as well. Amazing what on pitch success does huh Katrien?