Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield W v Charlton - Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• Options
    The fact is that we are now in the hands of a bunch of bloody useless Belgians, wake me up when they have gone !
  • Options

A goal from a fucking set piece again, wasnt at the game but we sounded beyond useless second half riga kindly fuck off as your a glorified puppet, thats all.

whats the earliest we can get relegated?,

I reckon that will be sealed on the 19th April, away to Bolton.
  • Options
    redsek said:

the hatred. just so much hatred! no wonder so many turned up for this one. cup final for them.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237809-charlton-though/page-1

Never seen a group of fans so bitter after a 3-0 win. The amount we get under their skin even when we lose is very gratifying
    And I thought everyone was indifferent to us. Hilarious.
    'They were Ok in the first half but CC saw it wasn't working

Some inspired subs and a bit of reorganising got us going.

Too much quality in the end...results went pretty much our way too - a very good days work.

Just 2 more without Bannan and no damage done '

Man of the day - Colin
  • Options
    my Rotherham contacts tell me that a recent loan signing had a LOT to do with the club's big win at Ipswich and consequent move from the bottom three in the table .. the player ? ..

Lloyd Doyley
  • Options

my Rotherham contacts tell me that a recent loan signing had a LOT to do with the club's big win at Ipswich and consequent move from the bottom three in the table .. the player ? ..

Lloyd Doyley

Free transfer
  • Options

Lloyd Doyley

It's ok, we signed the mighty Roger Johnson.
  • Options
    just read that bit on the weds forum fuck me thats embarassing, we won the title and stopped a huge sheffield derby from taking place, suprised there not claiming theyve relegated us, we didnt need to win on saturday weve been relegated for a while.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

....seriously sheffield is a great place with lovely women ;-).....but I would say that wouldn't I ?

Having lived there for 10 years I beg to differ on the women front - unless you exclusively count Eccy Road, then fair enough!

I've got lots of mates who support Weds, Utd, Baaaarnsley & Rovrum and tbh banter is given out between us all. Like we wouldn't like all charlton fans to be judged by some on here or questionable moronic behaviour by some at games, a lot of Wendy fans are very decent.

Always good to get another rivalry though!
  • Options
    I can understand the rivalry. I have a weird dislike for them since the League One title winning season. I didn't go to the Wednesday home game this season because we were terrible and I couldn't face losing to them. First time I've ever done that. On reflection, it was a mistake, but sometimes weird rivalries exist and I think it's probably a good thing.

What isn't good is that so many of those posting on the Wednesday forum seem to be a little thick and very poorly educated. And what is with all the photos of heads. I know there's not much to get excited about in Sheffield but surely they can find something better to do that post multiple head photos on threads.

And I'm not talking about the 'giving of head' just photo-shopped heads!
  • Options
    Another defeat.

We have not won a league match this season after conceding the first goal.

Relegation is deserved.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Another defeat.

We have not won a league match this season after conceding the first goal.

Relegation is deserved.

On top of conceding 3 or more goals on 13 occasions. Almost 1/3 of our games.
  • Options

I can understand where they are coming from , we took the pee against them with our stroll to the title and wins up there , then hoofing them out of the cup therefore breaking their chance of a win against Sheff Utd in a cup 1/4 final all whilst SCP was celebrating by hanging from their goal and then losing to Sheff Utd !
    Can you imagine if someone stopped us from having a monster game against the scum(OK they would be doing us a favour cos we'd lose anyway) in a cup 1/4 final and their manager did what SCP did and also that same team losing to the scum in the 1/4s therefore heaping more glory on a rival
    I'd have the hump in that position and I would be one of the least cry babies amongst our tear drop crew
    Of course they have some helm fans but all clubs do and their ratio of helms/fans is not At the Leeds/scum numbers , it's just with the numbers they have they're gonna have a few more than us

They're so far away it matters not.

Swindon Town prevented us from facing the spanners in Wembley and then went ahead and lost the playoff final.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't see the matches against Swindon the following season as being anything more than just another match. One of them was Parkinson's last match as manager, as it happens. Lost 4-2.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    IA said:

Swindon Town prevented us from facing the spanners in Wembley and then went ahead and lost the playoff final.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't see the matches against Swindon the following season as being anything more than just another match. One of them was Parkinson's last match as manager, as it happens. Lost 4-2.

Interesting as I kind of did see our game against them the following season as a bit of a "grudge match" as it was also under the lights and on Sky like the playoff semi, and both our league games with them that season were a bit dramatic, especially at home!

Think my dad still harbours a bit of resentment towards them for beating us in the playoffs haha.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

....seriously sheffield is a great place with lovely women ;-).....but I would say that wouldn't I ?

Having lived there for 10 years I beg to differ on the women front - unless you exclusively count Eccy Road, then fair enough!
    You must have had a few knock backs, maybe this hindered your confidence or something, I wouldn't let it bother you anyway fella, chin up.
  • Options
    If you're not wearing odd shoes in Sheffield you're halfway there with the women.
  • Options

IA said:

Interesting as I kind of did see our game against them the following season as a bit of a "grudge match" as it was also under the lights and on Sky like the playoff semi, and both our league games with them that season were a bit dramatic, especially at home!

Think my dad still harbours a bit of resentment towards them for beating us in the playoffs haha.
    Fair enough. When we play them next season, we'll see if the pre- and post-match threads are full of people hoping for Swindon to go bust.

I think Bailey's penalty did us a favour that year - we would've lost the Wembley match