Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield W v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

My take on the game today.

Poor first half by us, we just couldn't seem to get going and you seemed to set up to play for a point whilst possibly relying on Harriot for the counters with his pace.

Second half and with the introduction of Nuhiu it changed the game and we stepped up a gear.

I still think we didn't play that well today but seemed to have eased to victory in the end, it's looking really dodgy for you guys now I think and you really need a Lenny Lawrence type of escape now.

Have to admit you look a poor side, I cant remember one save Westwood did all game, thats not a dig its just an observation

One last thing, thought Harriot was very late on Hunt and should've possibly been shown a straight red, he didn't even have the decency to see how Hunt was going off on the stretcher either.

Do you have any messages you want passed on to the Pigs when we play them next season?
  • Options

Poor first half by us, we just couldn't seem to get going and you seemed to set up to play for a point whilst possibly relying on Harriot for the counters with his pace.

Second half and with the introduction of Nuhiu it changed the game and we stepped up a gear.

I still think we didn't play that well today but seemed to have eased to victory in the end, it's looking really dodgy for you guys now I think and you really need a Lenny Lawrence type of escape now.

Have to admit you look a poor side, I cant remember one save Westwood did all game, thats not a dig its just an observation

One last thing, thought Harriot was very late on Hunt and should've possibly been shown a straight red, he didn't even have the decency to see how Hunt was going off on the stretcher either.

That looked nasty, I'm suprised more wasn't made of it. The referee had a sensible game though, let some pretty feisty challenges go. Did the usual referees trick of ensuring I was aware of his presence by giving some stupid decisions both ways

• Options

I thought I lipread Callum saying "Oi Hunt, your name should begin with a C"
    He's such a card
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Do you have any messages you want passed on to the Pigs when we play them next season?
    Yeah.....tell them this city is ours ;-)
  • Options

ross1 said:

Hello operationpig, nice hearing from you after all this time, I suppose we should have expected you on here today, I presume the next time will be after the next couple of games when we are relegated, do not kid yourself, today was no big deal, nearly all teams are beating us and by bigger scores too. obviously you are not a young man with your referral to good old Lennie.

I haven't been on that often but I do still post.

Charlton should have never sacked CP in my opinion.
    I assume you are on a wind-up. A lot of replies agreeing with you, and many others saying what an idiot you are and what do you know
  • Options

ross1 said:

Hello operationpig, nice hearing from you after all this time, I suppose we should have expected you on here today, I presume the next time will be after the next couple of games when we are relegated, do not kid yourself, today was no big deal, nearly all teams are beating us and by bigger scores too. obviously you are not a young man with your referral to good old Lennie.

I haven't been on that often but I do still post.

Charlton should have never sacked CP in my opinion.
    Can you tell Roland that, none of us have ever met him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Speaking after the game former Cogi-training Salesman Riga said:

"Roland will be pleased with Charlton's improved bipolar perception especially in the first half", although he admitted the team's Axial ruling structures were not perfectly aligned "despite Callum & Morgan's assurances that they were".

"We need to work on our myelination as well & find a way to bring adequate emotionalizing into our game - especially at corners".

I'm not making this stuff up - this is all part of Riga's Cogitraining & Sensiball clap

http://www.cogitraining.com/en/about_us/methodology
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

Speaking after the game former Cogi-training Salesman Riga said:

"Roland will be pleased with Charlton's improved bipolar perception especially in the first half", although he admitted the team's Axial ruling structures were not perfectly aligned "despite Callum & Morgan's assurances that they were".

"We need to work on our myelination as well & find a way to bring adequate emotionalizing into our game - especially at corners".

I'm not making this stuff up - this is all part of Riga's Cogitraining & Sensiball clap

http://www.cogitraining.com/en/about_us/methodology
    Well that's all working bleeding fine then - apart from in real football matches!
  • Options
    As i've said all season Reza is not a player that should be in the squad, not this year and not next year in league 1 either, rarely have I seen a worse player in a Charlton shirt. For the managment not to see this is a big reason we are where we are.

It's such a shame in some respects that there are teams around us trying to help us and why mathematically we can still survive, however we don't have the mental attitude on or off the pitch to do so.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

As i've said all season Reza is not a player that should be in the squad, not this year and not next year in league 1 either, rarely have I seen a worse player in a Charlton shirt. For the managment not to see this is a big reason we are where we are.

It's such a shame in some respects that there are teams around us trying to help us and why mathematically we can still survive, however we don't have the mental attitude on or off the pitch to do so.

I think Reza will go back to Holland, in an earlier interview, he was making a barely veiled, 'I want to play for you'. It makes sense for him as he was brought up in Holland and I think has family there. Pretty sure, he won't fancy league one, getting clumped by British league one defenders. Happy Persian New Year by the way, Reza. Sorry, it has not worked out better at Charlton. Third time lucky, I am sure that the next Iranian player will work out.

• Options
    I don't understand the fans saying other teams don't deserve their goals vs us. We can't defend set pieces, if they score one vs us it's not through sheer luck on their behalf. They had plenty of shots on target, we didn't.

I didn't go so I can't speak about this game individually and I can understand the flow of the play can be 50/50, but results will show otherwise, this doesn't mean they are undeserved.
  • Options
    Another 87 minutes keeping a clean sheet. Pity that it was interspersed with 3 minutes of poor defending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think I hate our blinded fans nearly as much as the owner
    We are a complete laughing stock of a football club due to our owner and his ridiculous footballing policies , yet there are still some who won't join the fight I suppose that is "unique"

100% relegated

This.
  • Options
    PWR because I'm too depressed to P or R.
  • Options

I think I hate our blinded fans nearly as much as the owner
    We are a complete laughing stock of a football club due to our owner and his ridiculous footballing policies , yet there are still some who won't join the fight I suppose that is "unique"

100% relegated

It's mental. They must be the individuals the lunatic was talking about 'who want the club to fail'.
  • Options
    Riga's post match comment sums it up for me - a complete lack of ambition:

We know we needed to keep a clean sheet to have any hope of getting a point from this game and after that, everything went too quickly.
  • Options

We know we needed to keep a clean sheet to have any hope of getting a point from this game and after that, everything went too quickly.

WTF!!!
  • Options

It's up there with, and I'm paraphrasing, 'We can't be expected to go places and win' from Karel. So often regime members are hiding behind poor English when what they are saying is shocking.
  • Options
    Well at least the rat will be happy, going down and Reza gets a game.

How that bloke is anywhere near a squad number, let alone getting a start baffles me, absolutely useless prick, mind you that goes for the rat and Riga as well.

Hang on they all start with the letter R and so does Relegation!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I blame Seb Lewis. He has been at every defeat this season. Jonah.

Anyway i can't comment post match because I wasn't there, and I need to hear Shay Given's take on it first.

But he has been to every win this season as well.
  • Options
    First half we flattered to deceive and held our own despite a ridiculous selection up front, i.e Reza starts with Vetokele and Lookman on the sidelines ..
    then, deja vu time, we go behind straight from a corner and the team visibly slumps and caves in, they all knew there was no way we would score once, let alone twice. After that it was easy for Wednesday, even Maundy Thursday would have beaten us.

Decentish performances in a desperate losing cause from Pope, Tex, Harriott, JBG, Motta all tried hard to no avail .. Diarra and Fanni started well but soon ran outta puff .. how we missed Cousins ..
    third strata here we come ..
    the close season could be a horror show with a decimated team and a demoralised manager (unless we get yet another callow and hopeful newcomer) and executive structure.
    Let's all get praying for the coming of a sugar dadda or sugar momma .. I won't be holding my breath for that outcome.