Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield W v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm really surprised we lost today coz as we all know, Roland doesn't do failure
  • Options
    Please, please tell me, CARD, that we are massively protesting against Brum, so the team can win and I can express my mood in modern dance using beach balls and ribbons!
    Have we thought of hijacking the cheerleaders?
  • Options
    Just turned the rugby on BBC1. Not a big fan of John inverdale, but I didn't know he was going to support the Charlton protests with a black and white scarf ;).

• Options
    PL54 said:

Beckboy said:

Teams around us are making a fist of it we on the other hand are going down faster then a whores drawers

We'd got 7 points from 9 before today.
    We'd got 32 points from 37 before today
  • Options
    Bring on the 1st round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy - could this be Roland's cunning masterplan to get us back to Wembley?
  • Options
    just home, haven't read other comments

first half we defended well but nothing going forward, don't think either goalie made a proper save
    Wendies made two changes for second half and that changed the game, our good defence became poor, our midfield non existant and what attack?
    Substitutes were too little too late
    Wendies weren't that good but had some goal scorers, we didn't
  • Options

just home, haven't read other comments

first half we defended well but nothing going forward, don't think either goalie made a proper save
    Wendies made two changes for second half and that changed the game, our good defence became poor, our midfield non existant and what attack?
    Substitutes were too little too late
    Wendies weren't that good but had some goal scorers, we didn't

But what happened to the flask, LL? Surely they returned it after our defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just see the goals. The defending for the first 2 is criminal - Christ knows what BA was doing for the 3rd it was going well wide.
  • Options

Just see the goals. The defending for the first 2 is criminal - Christ knows what BA was doing for the 3rd it was going well wide.

All 1 minute 12 seconds on Sky! Can't tell much from that. First goal poor defending - they got a bit lucky with the re-bound with the second and as for the third...glad it didn't really matter by then.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

All 1 minute 12 seconds on Sky! Can't tell much from that. First goal poor defending - they got a bit lucky with the re-bound with the second and as for the third...glad it didn't really matter by then.
    We lost 3-0, conceded 3 shockers. What happened in the other 88 odd mins is irrelevant.

Personally I don't give a monkeys if we did alright or were unlucky. We got turned over yet again.
    It wasn't a dig at you tosser. It was simply a statement that Sky only saw 1:12 worth showing!
    Who said it was a dig? Easy with the tosser bit as well - what's with the personal insult?
  • Options
    A bit of a peculiar exchange...
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

A bit of a peculiar exchange...

Indeed.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

We lost 3-0, conceded 3 shockers. What happened in the other 88 odd mins is irrelevant.

Personally I don't give a monkeys if we did alright or were unlucky. We got turned over yet again.
    It wasn't a dig at you tosser. It was simply a statement that Sky only saw 1:12 worth showing!
    Who said it was a dig? Easy with the tosser bit as well - what's with the personal insult?
    Keyboard slip {...}. Overly sensitive tonight - was sure we'd get more from the game today! Sorry.
  • Options

Well, that was tough to take. We were in control first half and for about 10mins of the second.

I never thought we were in control of the game, we just looked okay without ever looking like threatening their goal. Even when we were evenly matched, there was a certain inevitability about what happened and the result wasn't a huge surprise. I left with 20 minutes but during the first 70, Fox, Harriott and Pope did okay. I'm sick of being negative so won't go into who played badly but will just say that we looked like a team without direction and lacking any kind of leadership. All hope is gone as far as I'm concerned...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Dear Rat

Today was the 10th time in 38 games* that we've conceded three or more goals.

Just let that sink in Roland. More than 25% of our matches have ended in a defeat by THREE OR MORE GOALS.

Looking at our opponents in the remaining fixtures I expect that % to rise too.

It's just a good job you don't do failure otherwise we'd be in real trouble.

* It would be 11 in 39 if {...} you include the Palace cup game too {...}
  • Options
    Forestieri is such a diver that when he was born he probably dived out of his mother's vagina. LOL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    HandG said:

Well, that was tough to take. We were in control first half and for about 10mins of the second.

I never thought we were in control of the game, we just looked okay without ever looking like threatening their goal. Even when we were evenly matched, there was a certain inevitability about what happened and the result wasn't a huge surprise. I left with 20 minutes but during the first 70, Fox, Harriott and Pope did okay. I'm sick of being negative so won't go into who played badly but will just say that we looked like a team without direction and lacking any kind of leadership. All hope is gone as far as I'm concerned...
    Thought we were passing it well. The defence was organised, Callum was lively and running at them but we had no one up top. We might as well have started with 10, Reza was that bad. Wednesday only had a couple of chances and Pope wasn't tested. Reckoned we only had to get Lookman or Igor on at start of 2nd half and we could nick it.
    Their subs at start of 2nd half were far more effective and we had a bad 10mins which ended it for us.
    0 shots on target though is fucking criminal. Still can't for the life of me understand why Reza started in front of the other 2.
  • Options
    I posted in the pre-match thread that Ghoochannejhad was too lightweight to play in the English league. I also said that I hoped I would be proved wrong by 4.50pm. Well, humble pie time!! I was proved wrong! He's not too lightweight for the English league; he's too lightweight for any British league!

Truly shocking player!!

PS: Was it day release today for fans who need gradual re-integration into society? Congrats to the clown who kicked off big time with a fellow supporter and then a steward after being asked to sit down; despite being made aware that there was a dedicated standing area to the back of the stand where he could be erect and upright to his heart's content! Pathetic behaviour. Pathetic, selfish attitude.

PPS: To the handful of young teenage lads who wanted to take the world on everytime Sheff Weds scored - thanks for the laugh! Your folks would be proud of you!!
  • Options
    Carter said:

First half we matched them. Second half they came out like they meant it, usual bollock-less defending by us from a corner for the first then heads went down and the competitive edge went from.everyone except harriott who was the best charlton player on the pitch. I wish Forestieri played for us even if he is a cheating bastard

Spot on.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Agreed. Absolutely never in control at any point whatsoever.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Weak performance for me. So lightweight up top with Harriott (winger) and Reza. Poor game from JBG one of our so called better players. You look to the likes of him but ultimately he's not as good as people think he is.

3-0 might've flattered Wednesday a tad, but we've been shit all season. 7 pts from the previous 3 games, the first time since August, is all too little too late.

Roll on some new league one pins

JBG has had one eye on the exit door for most of this season
    Can you blame him ? Assured that we would be bringing in quality signings to get him to sign a new contract & we end up with this pile of shit.
  • Options
    Hello operationpig, nice hearing from you after all this time, I suppose we should have expected you on here today, I presume the next time will be after the next couple of games when we are relegated, do not kid yourself, today was no big deal, nearly all teams are beating us and by bigger scores too. obviously you are not a young man with your referral to good old Lennie.
  • Options
    Wasn't there but followed the BBC feed throughout. Reading all the above sounds like we were ok first half but didn't change the game plan when Wednesday moved up a gear.

TBH - the damage was done when we misfired completely in the home games v Blackburn, Bristol C and MK Dons. 2 points instead of 7-9. Had we had that and been on 37-39 points today we'd be writing this game off as just one of those things and getting on with taking as many points as possible from the last 8 matches.

Do I blame Riga? Well..........maybe (a bit) but he came into a chaotic situation.

As posted elsewhere the drop in May will be the 4th time for me too, and like 1972 and 2009 ought to have been avoidable.

Depressing.