Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Explosion at Brussels airport

Comments

• Options

I really don't understand how people can claim these attacks are "nothing to do with Islam", thus absolving this barbaric religion of any responsibility when these bombers are shouting "Allah Akbar" before murdering tens of people.

Allahu Ackbar actually. If Islam didn't exist you would probably find a band of die hard Christians, they'd do the same whilst screaming 'in the name of the father' or something similar.
  • Options
    Absolute monsters who plan these kind of attacks.

RIP to those who lost their innocent lives because some parasites hate those who aren't like them.

Social media obviously at this time can be a platform for absolute idiots. Take a look at any comments section regarding a terrorist attack and it is full of people on some sort of mission to ignore the disaster and have an outcry that not everywhere gets the same coverage, like it's some sort of competition and point scoring.
  • Options
    Fucking vermin.
  • Options

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

REPEAT: SUSPECTS.

So before we go on a witch hunt, let's not quite yet go after these two as if they're ALREADY guilty.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

So before we go on a witch hunt, let's not quite yet go after these two as if they're ALREADY guilty.
    Fair point.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

Doubt the police would leak their pictures unless they were sure.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

ChiAddick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

Don't know anything about the Belgian police, but I do know that we had a picture of two young men who turned out to have nothing to do with events splashed around after the Boston bombing.

The one consistent thing in cases like this is that the immediate aftermath is chaos. Sorry I'm so Ameri-centric today but in the immediate aftermath of Columbine and Oklahoma City there were all sorts of claims made that turned out to be untrue.
    Yea that's a fair point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

I really don't understand how people can claim these attacks are "nothing to do with Islam", thus absolving this barbaric religion of any responsibility when these bombers are shouting "Allah Akbar" before murdering tens of people.

Allahu Ackbar actually. If Islam didn't exist you would probably find a band of die hard Christians, they'd do the same whilst screaming 'in the name of the father' or something similar.
    But they don't though do they
    Well they started the KKK, so i'm not sure you're right there.

Here's some other examples of Christian Terrorism... to say they don't do it is inaccurate. They're just not at this moment of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

So leme get this straight, there's christian terrorist waiting in the wings somewhere they're just not plotting anything yet because it's the Islamist's turn, jesus wept.
    I really wish they'd go back to "waiting in the wings"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Springs_Planned_Parenthood_shooting

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/us/shooting-reported-at-temple-in-wisconsin.html?_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

There's more I just can't be bothered, you get the point.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

So leme get this straight, there's christian terrorist waiting in the wings somewhere they're just not plotting anything yet because it's the Islamist's turn, jesus wept.
    Can't say for certain, however I wouldn't be surprised if Christian or any other extremist groups were plotting retaliation or attacks on any other religion.

Sadly this is because these attacks aren't surprising anymore...

That's not to say they're not terrifying as they genuinely are, but I'm no longer surprised to hear things like this happening, which is a really depressing thought.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/us/shooting-reported-at-temple-in-wisconsin.html?_r=0

I'll be sure to be vigilant for those assailants as well as islamist's then cheers mate..
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Dazzler21 said:

J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

But they don't though do they
    Well they started the KKK, so i'm not sure you're right there.

Here's some other examples of Christian Terrorism... to say they don't do it is inaccurate. They're just not at this moment of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
    I'll keep an eye out for KKK when commuting to london then mate.
    So just because the KKK and other religions extremists aren't (hopefully) active in London you don't feel they're a religious terrorist group?

I think I'll return to staying away a bit from here...

Too much hatred towards an entire religious community, just because of the extremist portion of their religion.
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 they're clearly not worth the white cloth they cover their faces with in 2016 are they get real.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The question that Everyone should Ask ?

How in the name of Security can Salah Abdeslam the most wanted man in the western world be living in Molonbeek, his home town,
    and be captured 16 Weeks after the Paris attacks, Just 200 Meters from his home ?
    He had grown a beard and was reported to have daily walks around the neighbourhood.
    No stop and search ?

Is the fear of upsetting the local muslim community taking precedence
    over nation security ?

- Collation of evidence
    - Ensuring he's definitely the right person
    - Police bureaucracy (most likely)
    - Ensuring they're able to charge him with the full whack of everything, presumably
    - Secret service detail on him? I.e. possibly knowing his whereabouts and therefore monitoring his communications or whatever (that might be illegal but in this instance I'm not sure if the authorities would care overmuch)
    - Proper collaboration with all parties - French police, EU, Belgian police, intelligence, governments etc etc

I've probably missed a few things. While 16 weeks is a fair amount of time, I don't think it's overly unreasonable.
    Unless in the meantime he decides to independently commit another atrocity!!

If identified he should have been pulled in straight away. If they can do it with a football fan (for no other reason than suspicion of intent) then I'm sure they could pull a terrorist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

There is no current strand of Christian ideology at all comparable with modern Jihadism though.

Jihadism of course does not represent or have anything to do with VAST MAJORITY of peaceful Muslims, but it's a globe-spanning ideology with numerous groups nonetheless. Equating it with modern Christianity is absurd.
    I compared it to another dimension entirely... One where Muslims didn't exist, hence the bolded text above.

It was NOT equating it with 'modern' Christianity as for the most part, like Islam that is a peaceful religion just with a number of arse holes corrupting young or fragile minds into joining them with books written hundreds of years ago where most have moved their understanding of the books into a modern world, whereas some still don't even wear clothes with two separate fibres.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

I'll be sure to be vigilant for those assailants as well as islamist's then cheers mate..
    Assuming you drink, there are about 8,500 alcohol related deaths in Britain per year (as of 2013). So assuming that statistic continues, that's roughly 8,500-0 per year over the last decade.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnational-health4/alcohol-related-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom/2013/stb---alcohol-related-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom--registered-in-2013.html

I would love to find more statistics on violent attacks in the UK but for some reason the people in your country just don't seem to kill each other very much. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

I'm thinking that those images are shots taken from footage. I would expect that the rest of the footage rightly unseen actually shows these men as perpetrating the deeds or perhaps even in the act of suicide.
  • Options
    Whenever anyone mentions the LKK again can you please put "the so-called" before please so we don't offend any good Christians, BBC seem so insistent on doing it every time they say Islamic state through fear of hurting feelings, so least make this PC nonsense equal.
  • Options
    @PaddyP17 I read your long post above carefully and have great respect for it. However I think it does not take account of the reality of the backstory of terrorists. Below is the personal background of the captured terrorist Salah Abdeslam. It does not read like the life of someone for whom the Muslim faith was anything important in his life, until someone got hold of him. I would say that the description 'low -life scumbag' fits him perfectly. I don't think this relatively mundane reality can be dismissed, as you seemed to me to do in that otherwise impressive post.

Salah Abdeslam born on 15 September 1989 in Brussels, Belgium. His parents are immigrants who were living in Bouyafar, a small village in northern Morocco, prior to emigration.[4] Though the Abdeslams lived in Belgium from the 1960s, they were all French nationals, having acquired French nationality from the time the parents lived in Algeria.[1]

Abdeslam and Abdelhamid Abaaoud were friends as children, when both were living in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek.[5] Another childhood friend stated that Abdeslam liked football and motorbikes.[6] According to a woman to whom Abdeslam was briefly engaged in 2011, he and Abaaoud continued to be close friends into adulthood.[7]

He was known to frequent gay bars where he associated with circles of male homosexual prostitutes and their clients, and was regarded as a rent boy by patrons and staff.[8][9][10]

Abdeslam was employed by STIB-MIVB as a mechanic from September 2009 to 2011.[5][11] One source states his employment was terminated due to his repeated absences,[12][13] but another source previously close to Abdeslam stated that his employment was terminated due to some kind of act or acts of crime, for which he was subsequently sentenced to one month in jail.[7]

From December 2013, Abdeslam was the manager of a bar named Les Béguines in Molenbeek, located west of Brussels, after his brother Brahim took over the license. Most of the bar's customers were of Maghrebian origin. The bar was closed when authorities discovered that hallucinogenic substances were being used there.[11] Abdeslam and his brother sold the bar about six weeks before the attacks.[14]

According to one source, Abdeslam was already known to police authorities as a person involved in petty crime.[15][16] Another states that both he and Abaaoud were imprisoned for armed robbery in 2010.[5] According to the lawyer representing Abaaoud, his client and Abdeslam were arrested in December 2010 for attempting to break into a parking garage.[17] In February 2011, Abdeslam was convicted for breaking and entering.[18] In February 2015, he was arrested by Dutch police and charged for possession of cannabis. He was subsequently fined €70.[19]
  • Options
    Bollox, if I shouted haribo is great Before going on a rampage, it wouldn't be haribos fault. All this blaming just makes more hate... Its self perpetuating. This vermin have no faith
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

PaddyP17 said:

Fucking vermin.
    THIS SAYS SUSPECTS.

I'm thinking that those images are shots taken from footage. I would expect that the rest of the footage rightly unseen actually shows these men as perpetrating the deeds or perhaps even in the act of suicide.
    Of course it's these scumbags. They are even wearing just a single black glove to hide the detonator.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

Remember the main concern here is the rise of right wing movements who are against islam extremism, not islam itself

Well that's just not true is it?

Whilst her timing was indeed undeniably crass Allison Pearson seems to have received rather more left leaning vitriol on Twitter and other social media from what I have read than the perpetrators of this atrocity.
    Right. It was just typical of that leftie, pinko liberal Kay Burley to be among the first to call her out wasn't it?
  • Options

Whenever anyone mentions the LKK again can you please put "the so-called" before please so we don't offend any good Christians, BBC seem so insistent on doing it every time they say Islamic state through fear of hurting feelings, so least make this PC nonsense equal.

Except that the Islamic State are claiming to be an actual sovereign entity, which they're not. Hence the words "so-called", just like it's the "so-called Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" etc etc