Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    20ft ring is the average. Think Saunders is readying up his excuse for why he's losing, nothing more than that. 
    18 is amateur... why should he fight in an amateur sized ring?
    It will be a 20ft ring. 

Do you have any proof of this ring nonsense other than from Saunders' dad? Seems like they're trying to make it seem like Canelo is scared, do you really think he would be? I doubt it. 
  • Options

Saunders father, Tom, added more detail to iFL TV: “Matchroom want us to box in an 18ft inner ring, then they’ve come back with a 20ft ring.

“It was supposed to be a 24ft ring. We’ve compromised and said no smaller than a 22ft inner ring.

Now do you see where the problem lies? It's not Canelo that's for sure. 

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    20ft ring is the average. Think Saunders is readying up his excuse for why he's losing, nothing more than that. 
    It will be a 20ft ring. 

Do you have any proof of this ring nonsense other than from Saunders' dad? Seems like they're trying to make it seem like Canelo is scared, do you really think he would be? I doubt it. 
    18 is a  amateur ring... Eddie would have came out and said it was rubbish if it hadn't been put forward, Kugan has him on speed dial. It was never going to be 22 or 24 and they've said 22 as 20 (the standard) is then middle ground
  • Options
    Its defo different to chisora wanting to come out first which was mind games and irrelevant. Saunders needs the bigger ring to move, like tyson wanted the padding removed v klitchko to move 

it just doesnt hold much bargaining power against canelo
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    It will be a 20ft ring. 

18 is a  amateur ring... Eddie would have came out and said it was rubbish if it hadn't been put forward, Kugan has him on speed dial. It was never going to be 22 or 24 and they've said 22 as 20 (the standard) is then middle ground
    They offered 20 (the typical boxing ring) and Saunders said no asking for 24 feet. 

That is nonsense and it's completely his fault. 

Read the actual quotes, they rejected 20 feet. 
  • Options
    Bill has confirmed the ring issues are sorted.
  • Options
    Very similar to the Klitcko Vs Fury nonsense a few years ago, the Gypsy mentality to try and wind them up, and get under Canelo's skin - think they will need more than that though.

Canelo has proved time and again, that the bigger the fight (literally), the better he gets. I couldn't;t see how a guy of his size could trouble a beast like Kolarev, and ended up knocking him out.

At the moment Canelo is 'in the zone' as the Yanks like to say, I am sure that Saunders will make it an awkward fight, but whatever the ring size Canelo just knows way too much, and is the bigger man.
  • Options
    Think Canelo will be too strong, but this is a huge fight. 

Really looking forward to it 
  • Options
    Anyone know what time the ring walk will be?
  • Options
    Anyone know what time the ring walk will be?
    4am
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going to watch this when I wake up and studiously avoid any spoilers. DAZN app actually quite good in this respect
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I'm going to watch this when I wake up and studiously avoid any spoilers. DAZN app actually quite good in this respect
    Yes the DAZN app is very good.
  • Options
    BJS has to KO Canelo and the three judges just to secure a draw
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

How does that work mate? Is it still only £1.99 per month and includes fights like this or do you have to buy it on top like with sky ppv?

Also by avoiding spoilers do they give you an option to watch the fight not at 4am then?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

How does that work mate? Is it still only £1.99 per month and includes fights like this or do you have to buy it on top like with sky ppv?

Also by avoiding spoilers do they give you an option to watch the fight not at 4am then?
    Yeah, it's £1.99 (currently!) And you can watch live or they have the fight night or selected fights available to watch again. 

If it's on sky ppv it won't be on DAZN or at least available on the UK, think hearn has a deal with them... Might be able to hoodwink it with a foreign sign in. All the canelo fights are on DAZN which is why this one is, and he's been busy. Can watch on phone or link to smart TV app.  A few fights in the US are held early so can be seen UK evening. 

Certainly worth the £1.99 but on the downside the commentators are bloody awful
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    BJS has to KO Canelo and the three judges just to secure a draw split decision defeat

• Options
    My prediction for the fight is this.
    It will be close and it will go the distance. 
    All three judges will then score the fight massively in favour of Canelo. 
    I think this is highly likely
  • Options
    I also believe that with unbiased judging canelo will still win this with rounds to spare, although BJS will give him a decent fight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:

Yeah, it's £1.99 (currently!) And you can watch live or they have the fight night or selected fights available to watch again. 

If it's on sky ppv it won't be on DAZN or at least available on the UK, think hearn has a deal with them... Might be able to hoodwink it with a foreign sign in. All the canelo fights are on DAZN which is why this one is, and he's been busy. Can watch on phone or link to smart TV app.  A few fights in the US are held early so can be seen UK evening. 

Certainly worth the £1.99 but on the downside the commentators are bloody awful
     Simple solution here. Turn it down and stick Costello on!

Haven't bought a fight for yonks but really fancy this one so might indulge.
  • Options
    The DAZN app knows if your trying to use a VPN, I tried for the Whyte/Povetkin rematch as it was on DAZN in the US but wouldn't let me log in with my VPN, tried various US servers but it was the same with each one.
  • Options
    The DAZN app knows if your trying to use a VPN, I tried for the Whyte/Povetkin rematch as it was on DAZN in the US but wouldn't let me log in with my VPN, tried various US servers but it was the same with each one.
    Was about to post the same. Don't waste your time trying to use a VPN for a fight that is on Box Office in the UK. I tried Australia, Canada and US on two different paid for VPN's and none of them worked like you say. 
  • Options
    might already have been mentioned .. there is a BBC1 documentary about Canelo late tonight (5th May)
  • Options
    I think Canelo stops him. Class above. 6-8 roundss.
  • Options
    the battle of the red tops .. Canelo round 10 KO
  • Options
    It will not be close. 

Everyone is deluding themselves about BJS, he's good but been very careful to not fight anyone at the top for a long while. 'Ducked' i'm sure. 
  • Options
    It will not be close. 

Everyone is deluding themselves about BJS, he's good but been very careful to not fight anyone at the top for a long while. 'Ducked' i'm sure. 
    I'd put a lot of money on him comfortably beating Caleb Plant... he's Ducked noone, Frank has no sway in that division... there's a reason he went to Matchroom, despite previous squabbles with hearn.
  • Options
    Im backing saunders, really rate him and got the style/intelligence to put up a good fight
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Im backing saunders, really rate him and got the style/intelligence to put up a good fight
    I decided today to put a tenner on a BJS points win, probably a tenner wasted as if it goes to points, judges on Cinqo de Mayo, in Texas will be more bent than the homers we have handing out wonky decisions 

I've never seen Billy-Joe in trouble during a fight, his displays have been flat when he is fighting opposition below his level never highlighted more than when he fought Nick Blackwell or Martin Murray but against Andy Lee who was capable of ironing anyone in that division out he boxed amazingly and I know now everyone says Lemieux who, he was flattening everyone in the division as well and he didn't lay a glove on Saunders. 

Alvarez will be a different prospect and he is truly in the zone but, but. BJS is a slippery southpaw with flawless footwork and is one tough hard bastard who looks to me to be in decent shape. 

Besides that there is no value at all in backing Alvarez and I have a tingling same as I did before the Groves v Froch fight that this won't be all one way traffic