Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:
    2121 said:
    Im backing saunders, really rate him and got the style/intelligence to put up a good fight
    I decided today to put a tenner on a BJS points win, probably a tenner wasted as if it goes to points, judges on Cinqo de Mayo, in Texas will be more bent than the homers we have handing out wonky decisions 

I've never seen Billy-Joe in trouble during a fight, his displays have been flat when he is fighting opposition below his level never highlighted more than when he fought Nick Blackwell or Martin Murray but against Andy Lee who was capable of ironing anyone in that division out he boxed amazingly and I know now everyone says Lemieux who, he was flattening everyone in the division as well and he didn't lay a glove on Saunders. 

Alvarez will be a different prospect and he is truly in the zone but, but. BJS is a slippery southpaw with flawless footwork and is one tough hard bastard who looks to me to be in decent shape. 

Besides that there is no value at all in backing Alvarez and I have a tingling same as I did before the Groves v Froch fight that this won't be all one way traffic 
    I would normally agree with you, but .......

As we all know, boxing is about levels. Bill is good (when he wants to be) and maybe top of the second level or at best just in the top level. Canelo, for me and at this time, defines the top level - in terms of pound for pound he sets the scale at that level. He is also at the height of his powers. He is the elitist of the elite.

Canelo stops Bill, and at around Evens is a value bet.

• Options
    It will not be close. 

Everyone is deluding themselves about BJS, he's good but been very careful to not fight anyone at the top for a long while. 'Ducked' i'm sure. 
    Completely agree with this. BJS is overrated imo, still hyping off the fight with Lemieux about 5 years ago. Almost lost on his matchroom debut against that Argentinian bloke if it weren’t for that late stoppage. I don’t buy into the ‘he turns up when he needs to’ chat. 

I think Canelo is stopping him late. BJS won’t be able to run around the ring for the full 12. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:
    I'm going to watch this when I wake up and studiously avoid any spoilers. DAZN app actually quite good in this respect

How does that work mate? Is it still only £1.99 per month and includes fights like this or do you have to buy it on top like with sky ppv?

Also by avoiding spoilers do they give you an option to watch the fight not at 4am then?
    Yeah, it's £1.99 (currently!) And you can watch live or they have the fight night or selected fights available to watch again. 

If it's on sky ppv it won't be on DAZN or at least available on the UK, think hearn has a deal with them... Might be able to hoodwink it with a foreign sign in. All the canelo fights are on DAZN which is why this one is, and he's been busy. Can watch on phone or link to smart TV app.  A few fights in the US are held early so can be seen UK evening. 

Certainly worth the £1.99 but on the downside the commentators are bloody awful
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Curry vs Honeyghan fight all those years ago...nobody gave him a chance. 

That said, BJS will have to stop him to win, and I'm not sure he can do that unless it's a cut.
  • Options
    BJS is a knob and Canelo is a jacked up cheat. A fight where I’d hope they both get hurt.
  • Options
    One of the most Scottish things ever has to be Scottish boxer Josh “The Tartan Tornado” Taylor being sponsored by a kebab shop

• Options
    One of the most Scottish things ever has to be Scottish boxer Josh “The Tartan Tornado” Taylor being sponsored by a kebab shop

Seen these gaffs pop up all over London over the past few years. Why a German kebab?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Seen these gaffs pop up all over London over the past few years. Why a German kebab?
    There is a very large Turkish community in Germany - might be the reason.
  • Options

And I bet BJS still gets battered. Been given everything he asked for and will still lose. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And I bet BJS still gets battered. Been given everything he asked for and will still lose. 
    Fancy 50 to upbeats that he doesn't knock him out?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Battered in his oversized ring. Nobody wants that
    To be fair, probably better than being battered in his undersized ring....
  • Options
    Agree is about levels, this is the chance for BJS to show the level!  Unexposed for me and performances are excellent. Reminds me of when no1 back fury v klitch.
    canelo obvs unreal but is exposed.  
    Never really get hyped for boxing but cannot wait for this!

i thik bjs dances until the 7th and then goes after the  finish all or nothing. He knows he wont get the decision. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Agree is about levels, this is the chance for BJS to show the level!  Unexposed for me and performances are excellent. Reminds me of when no1 back fury v klitch.

i thik bjs dances until the 7th and then goes after the  finish all or nothing. He knows he wont get the decision. 
    huh?
  • Options
    Has been around the block, therefore has shown some weaknesses, albeit a few and is obvs a massive danger… but someone like BJS looks like he has the ability/character to exploit. Then again - might not be able to level up! 
  • Options
    2121 said:

huh?
    Yes exposed - he has been exposed as a Hall of Famer, four weight world champion, and by far the best p4p in the world.
  • Options
    The DAZN app knows if your trying to use a VPN, I tried for the Whyte/Povetkin rematch as it was on DAZN in the US but wouldn't let me log in with my VPN, tried various US servers but it was the same with each one.
    This is available on DAZN in the UK.
  • Options
    Mad that this is the most PPV worthy fight we've had since Lomachenko Lopez and it's £1.99! In comparison to some of the cards we've had to pay £20 for in recent years.
    DAZN will be upping their monthly subscription costs soon enough, don't worry about that. It's $19.99 in the States so expect a minimum of £9.99 p/m here at some stage.
  • Options
    It's 12.99 here too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mad that this is the most PPV worthy fight we've had since Lomachenko Lopez and it's £1.99! In comparison to some of the cards we've had to pay £20 for in recent years.
    DAZN will be upping their monthly subscription costs soon enough, don't worry about that. It's $19.99 in the States so expect a minimum of £9.99 p/m here at some stage.
    Yes they will, especially when the Matchroom deal kicks in. Even £9.99 a month is still good value if you're a boxing fan, and at the current £1.99 it's unbelievable value!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Yes they will, especially when the Matchroom deal kicks in. Even £9.99 a month is still good value if you're a boxing fan, and at the current £1.99 it's unbelievable value!
    It's very good value for money when you consider they also show a whole host of other sports across multiple continents.

It can be got cheaper, though  ;)
  • Options
    Canelo exposed as a juiced up cheat. No Sorry, all that contaminated Mexican beef.
  • Options
    Canelo exposed as a juiced up cheat. No Sorry, all that contaminated Mexican beef.
    It is a sad fact of life that the vast majority of elite athletes (and boxers definitely fall into that category) take performance enhancing chemicals - on the edge between legal and illegal. Manny is so juiced up that he almost flies into the ring, Nigel Benn after the Mcllenan fight? Dillian Whyte?

Elite boxers of the likes of Alvarez have huge resources to be able to employ the best medical support - but yet he was found to have a trace of a pretty crude steroid in his system, and one that is definitely used in beef production in Mexico. Was he telling the truth? Who knows, but one would expect any cheating would be done in a very medically competent way. 

I accept it and consequently discount it from my enjoyment of boxing. Drugs or not, Canelo is currently the world's greatest athlete in my book. He really did piss me off though when the second GGG fight was called off in May 2018 as I was in Vegas and had secured VIP seating for the fight (and unusual for me at ticket price and not from the secondary market) . Bastard!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Like every other world level boxer. 

"Billy Joe Saunders has vacated the WBO middleweight championship after failing a performance-enhancing drug test."

""B.J. Saunders has voluntarily vacated the WBO middleweight title, and publicly apologized for his violation of the Massachusetts Athletic Commission's anti-doping regulations. Therefore, the clash between Demetrius Andrade and Walter Kautondonkwa scheduled for Oct. 20 will now be for the vacant world crown."
  • Options
    Early night for me as I can’t miss this one. Come on BJS.
  • Options
    Up at 3am watching a light flywight world title fight. Boxing is back.
  • Options
    Let's fucking go, come on Bill!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Just chucked a tonne on the draw at 17s... probably the beer, but I reckon he does this and gets done on a dodgy decision
  • Options
    Come on Billy-Joe and shut these disrespectful anthem booing pricks up