Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I'm not aware of any Mexican blood but I had it 6-2 to Canelo maybe 5-3.

I thought BJS just ran and jabbed, Canelo stalked him the whole fight, waited for him to tire and then stepped it up and he couldn't respond. BJS wasn't even close to winning that fight IMO.

I'm a BJS fan as a fighter, he's really talented but as a person (like Fury) he's an idiot and looks even more so after mugging off Dubois and then doing exactly the same. Guess that's karma I don't think we'll see BJS again unless he spunks his money.
    I don't think we'll see him again, period. Very bad injury apparently - multiple fractures of the orbital socket area. He won't come back from that.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maccn05 said:

I thought BJS just ran and jabbed, Canelo stalked him the whole fight, waited for him to tire and then stepped it up and he couldn't respond. BJS wasn't even close to winning that fight IMO.

I'm a BJS fan as a fighter, he's really talented but as a person (like Fury) he's an idiot and looks even more so after mugging off Dubois and then doing exactly the same. Guess that's karma I don't think we'll see BJS again unless he spunks his money.
    I don't think we'll see him again, period. Very bad injury apparently - multiple fractures of the orbital socket area. He won't come back from that.
    Yep, apparently far worse than the one Kell Brook sustained against GGG.

That sort of injury will make him second guess everything that gets thrown at him the ring and will breed a huge amount of uncertainty and caution. Something he may have never experienced before.
  • Options
    Lets face it Kell Brook hasn't been the same since. He was top draw before that career ending fight with GGG

On that subject the hype for Canelo vs. GGG III seems to have almost disappeared
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Lets face it Kell Brook hasn't been the same since. He was top draw before that career ending fight with GGG

On that subject the hype for Canelo vs. GGG III seems to have almost disappeared
    It will likely come back, Canelo will have to start recycling opponents, although it will be tough, maybe impossible, for him to make middleweight again.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

His corner pulled him out, and rightly so given the extent of the injury.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maccn05 said:

It will likely come back, Canelo will have to start recycling opponents, although it will be tough, maybe impossible, for him to make middleweight again.

see no point in that... outside of Andrade and Plant there isnt a single fight I'd have any interest of watching, and to be honest, I think he walks through those relatively comfortably. Bivol and Beterbiev are fights that would have me on the edge of my seat.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maccn05 said:

Could move up to light heavyweight?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maccn05 said:

Could move up to light heavyweight?
    He's already done that of course - but he could look at Beterbiev.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:

I completely agree with his corners decision.

But the attitude and disrespect that those two throw around will always come back to haunt them - to the casual fan BJS is looking like a bit of a numpty today 'quitting' after getting solidly beaten for 8 rounds
  • Options
    Realistically he'll have to move up.

Heard him recently say he wants to fight for 7 more years (i'll be pretty surprised if he does) but once he takes out Plant to unify the division there's no one left for him at his current weight except Benavidez.

Jermall Charlo i read is talking about moving up to face him.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    bobmunro said:
    Maccn05 said:

see no point in that... outside of Andrade and Plant there isnt a single fight I'd have any interest of watching, and to be honest, I think he walks through those relatively comfortably. Bivol and Beterbiev are fights that would have me on the edge of my seat.

NSFW

I think Andrade may have a while to wait!!

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/877152/canelo-next-fight-caleb-plant-andrade-billy-joe-saunders/

That's a side to Canelo you rarely if ever see - very funny!!

• Options
    Maccn05 said:

I don't think he looked like he wanted to go back out there. 

Seems like the 'corner pulling him out' is to save face. 
    Quite an apt phrase considering the state of his face. 

Looked like his cheek had collapsed on its self. 
  • Options
    There's a bad eye injury and there's what sounds like broken bones,.big difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really impressed with Lerrone Richards, first time I've watched him... really slick
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Really impressed with Lerrone Richards, first time I've watched him... really slick
    Yes but he seriously lacks power. He was awful the last time out so needed to look impressive in this one.
  • Options
    Like you said, didn't seem to have much power beind his shots but that was punch perfect. European title level and didn't give the other fella winning 30 seconds of that, never mind a round
  • Options
    Vicious ko from Buatsi 
  • Options
    Agree on Richards he has the look, the charisma and the silky skills to be a big star.

but while he was tactically & technically very good it was a dull watch. I never once felt he wanted to get him out of there... was so bored I fast forwarded the 2nd half.

I truly think JB is the real deal he’s an absolute predator. Only problem is this division is pretty loaded and the Champs are serious fighters.
  • Options
    Has to be JB vs Yarde next 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Agree on Richards he has the look, the charisma and the silky skills to be a big star.

but while he was tactically & technically very good it was a dull watch. I never once felt he wanted to get him out of there... was so bored I fast forwarded the 2nd half.

I truly think JB is the real deal he’s an absolute predator. Only problem is this division is pretty loaded and the Champs are serious fighters.
    Hit and don't get hit is the name of the game though. I don't think many people will want to fight him, his footwork and head movement was superb.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Yes but he seriously lacks power. He was awful the last time out so needed to look impressive in this one.
    Adam Smith had to talk him up so much during the fight because it was boring to the casual, and boring won't sell.