Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Agree on Richards he has the look, the charisma and the silky skills to be a big star.

but while he was tactically & technically very good it was a dull watch. I never once felt he wanted to get him out of there... was so bored I fast forwarded the 2nd half.

I truly think JB is the real deal he’s an absolute predator. Only problem is this division is pretty loaded and the Champs are serious fighters.
    Hit and don't get hit is the name of the game though. I don't think many people will want to fight him, his footwork and head movement was superb.
    Totally agree very skilled... but boring! Can’t see him selling tickets and that’s the key to getting paid.

No doubting he can go far at the top level will they fear him if he never hurts them 
  • Options
    Joshua Fury, still celebrating England's Euros win and kicking off Charlton's championship winning campaign...looking forward to August!
  • Options
    Sounds like Wilder won his case to demand a 3rd fight with Fury.
    If true, the fight must happen by September so the AJ fight would have to be postponed.
  • Options
    Sounds like Wilder won his case to demand a 3rd fight with Fury.
    If true, the fight must happen by September so the AJ fight would have to be postponed.
    Or Wilder accepts a large sum of dough to walk away. Timing is everything and this time he’s been spot on.

No way does he want the fight.
  • Options
    Pay him off.
  • Options
    Way too much money involved in Fury v Joshua for them to just give it up.

My guess is he'll be promised a fight with the winner and instead he'll have a warm up fight of his own. 
  • Options
    Way too much money involved in Fury v Joshua for them to just give it up.

My guess is he'll be promised a fight with the winner and instead he'll have a warm up fight of his own. 
    Well coming off a pretty convincing KO loss as well, if Wilder was serious about trying to get the belts back, you would think a tune up fight would be to his benefit. 
  • Options
    Given the timing he clearly wants step-aside money 
  • Options
    A bit sad the Fury v Joshua fight is going to be in Saudi Arabia .
    A packed Wembley later on in the year, coming out of lockdown wankness, would have been a magical atmosphere for British boxing fans but I suppose the blood money of Saudi Arabia trumps everything else and all morals disappear when looking at their own wallets $$$$$$
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talks of upping the PPV cost to anywhere between £29.95 and £39.99
  • Options
    I heard that too. Absolute piss take if true
  • Options
    A packed Wembley later on in the year, coming out of lockdown wankness, would have been a magical atmosphere for British boxing fans but I suppose the blood money of Saudi Arabia trumps everything else and all morals disappear when looking at their own wallets $$$$$$
    Fury can't fight at Wembley, I'm guessing the rematch Will be in the UK dec/jan kinda time. 
  • Options
    Always going to be the case when they're paying over 100m to host it. Nowhere else can get close to those kind of figures.

At least having it in Saudi which is just a 2 hour time difference to England means that it'll be peak time on a Saturday night. Much better than 5am for most big fights in Vegas.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I feel like you are about to self-promote :D
    Just some subliminal messaging  ;)
  • Options
    'worlds biggest sporting event' - really? 
  • Options
    Still don't think Fury v AJ happens. 
  • Options
    If it happens, hope a pub has it, or some sort of a beam back... Reckon this would be savoured with a pissed up bunch of partisan fans. Reckon it'll go off like an [insert favourite stereotype] wedding. Not one to watch at home!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ll find it for free somewhere, the internet is your friend in moments like these
  • Options
    I’ll find it for free somewhere, the internet is your friend in moments like these
    I'm very much my own friend in moments like these  ;)   :)

You're right, though. There will be streams available via hesgoals, crackstreams etc.
  • Options
    Surprised Eddie ain’t got tonight’s Twitter handbag session on PPV. 
  • Options

Anthony Joshua called Tyson Fury "a fraud" in a furious social media exchange after the news that their heavyweight showdown might be off.

The pair looked set for a highly-anticipated meeting in August, but an arbitration hearing ruled Fury must first face American Deontay Wilder.

"You've let boxing down. You lied to the fans and led them on. Used my name for clout not a fight," tweeted Joshua.

In response, Fury challenged Joshua to a bare-knuckle fight.

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn was adamant their fight was agreed - and on Sunday, Fury told his Instagram followers he too has signed off on a 14 August bout in Saudi Arabia.

Just 24 hours later, Wilder's team - who had always said he had a contract in place for a third Fury fight - found out their arbitration hearing was successful.

On Tuesday, Fury claimed that the American, 35, has requested $20m to step aside and allow the Joshua bout to go ahead. Hearn has since stated the situation is now out of his control and has set Fury's team a deadline of the end of the week to resolve their situation with Wilder.

"If there was an arbitration going on, why announce to the world we are fighting! The fight was signed," Joshua tweeted in a message to Fury.

• Options
    Hearn must of known about this, but took the risk. Wilder will get paid off no doubt.
  • Options
    I like that Fury’s response was to have the fight, but without gloves on.
  • Options
    Hearn must of known about this, but took the risk. Wilder will get paid off no doubt.
    I'd have thought it virtually impossible that he can't have known. Although i do recall Bob Arum saying there was a clause for a third fight but it had expired, so maybe they thought it wouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    I don't place the blame at Hearn on this one . It certainly looked to be AJ's team doing all of the running on the fight to make it happen... hardly heard from Warren

While I'm sure Hearn did know about the litigation surely it's Fury's job to manage that, remember it was Fury constantly saying hurry up and do the deal calling AJ all sorts.

I'm with AJ - Fury has lied and misled the fans and the sport. If the fight happens I truly hope the 'step aside' money comes out of Fury's purse as it's his fault