Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Brook can take Khan's punches.  Khan can't take Brook's.

Brook too strong.  Too smart.

Fair play to Khan to stay on his feet but he hasn't really ever been as good as people thought. 
  • Khan looks absolutely battered, Brook looks like he's just had a training workout.
  • Good fight that

Khan looked beaten walking to the ring but fair play to him for taking some of those shots 
  • Good fight that

Khan looked beaten walking to the ring but fair play to him for taking some of those shots 
    I thought he looked VERY nervous on his way in.
  • That was just sad to watch. Khan needs to retire
  • Croydon said:
    Annoying stoppage, wanted Kell to absolutely iron him out. End it beyond all doubt 
    So did I, but think it was probably a good stoppage. Khan was never gonna stay down and would have ended up getting knocked unconscious, could have been dangerous 
  • Fair play to Kell Brook, I thought he was shot. Khan has never been able to deal with being caught and Brook did what he had to do, have faith in the timing of his punches and use the weird pivot so many Ingle fighters have 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Croydon said:
    Annoying stoppage, wanted Kell to absolutely iron him out. End it beyond all doubt 
    So did I, but think it was probably a good stoppage. Khan was never gonna stay down and would have ended up getting knocked unconscious, could have been dangerous 
    Oh yeah agree it's a good stoppage by the ref, I just didn't want Khan to come out and moan.

Great post fight interview by AK though, very grounded and humble. Best thing for both men now is retirement
  • It it went the way I hoped,

I was worried that after Crawford, Brook’s punch resistance was totally gone after he was getting hurt by jabs.

But I’ve said all week if he’s still got it, he’d walk through what Khan threw and catch him eventually. I didn’t think it would be the first round.

Delighted for Brook who’s always been a favourite of mine.
  • I've got to say as well how classy both of them behaved in the post fight press conference. Amir Khan very respectful to Kell Brook and his team and cracked a couple of funnies. Hope they both call it a day now, both had amazing careers and if it wasn't for Amir Khan winning that Silver medal in 2004 the floodgates of boxing medals we've seen since wouldn't have happened, they certainly wouldn't have had the funding at least 

• Sponsored links:

• Brook v Khan on Sky Sports Arena now (if you haven't seen it).
  • That has a double meaning Rodney but I know what you mean, and totally agree.
  • Didn't think I could respect the Klitschko brothers any more. Men above men

Warriors in and out of the ring - massive respect to them.

They would never fight each other but they will fight together.

• Now that is an interesting fight! 
  • This McFarlane bloke is embarrassing
  • This is a bizarre fight
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

I think I might be at Wembley for this one!
    Day after my birthday as well, god knows if I can get a ticket though
  • Taylor struggling here
  • Taylor is struggling. Catterall boxing really well, found his distance and moving brilliantly 

Crowd quietened right down now. Taylor might be a bit drained at the weight seeing how he's reacted to body shots 
  • Taylor tried to rough Catterall up and got put down. Needs something very special to win this now and needs Catterall to fall apart 
  • Fantastic round that. Got my doubts about Davison, not a lot coming from the corner
  • Hugely unfair point off for Catterall, shouldn't make a difference. Taylor needs a stoppage 
  • Childish swipe after the bell from Taylor costs him a point and he now needs a knockout which he has shown no sign of making happen 
  • Boxing can go fuck itself. Disgraceful 
  • Scandalous decision 
  • One of the worst decisions I’ve seen. Absolute disgrace. The one judge that had Catterall winning had it only by one round, what a joke.