Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Taylor a very lucky winner, I thought Catterall had it.
  • Disgusting decision.
  • What a disgrace. All three scorecards are a joke. Catterall won by at least 6 points and that's being generous to Taylor.
  • That's disgusting. Everyone involved  should be ashamed
  • That’s an absolute disgrace 
  • Why I don't really pay attention to much boxing nowadays. Too many 'home fighter' decisions that make the sport an embarrassment. 
  • Awful and what a fake win. 

Somebody surely instructed Taylor to celebrate after the final bell.
  • What an absolute outrage!!! Taylor was absolutely nowhere throughout the fight! Completely outclassed! Best boxer in the country? He was schooled! Feel so sorry for Cattarall 
  • I’ve seen everything now

Taylor lost that by 6 rounds easy

Just a joke
  • There have been a few questionable decisions recently but that was the worst one for me, no way anyone watching that could have Taylor winning and for one judge to have him win by 3 is fucking scandalous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute joke decision 
  • Boxing once again doing all it can to turn people away from the sport.

shambles
  • Of all the weird, homer, questionable scoring in British boxing that might be the worst I've seen 

I'm raging as I backed Catterall to win and shows how cynical I am as I was even thinking about cashing out after the final bell at what should have been a complete cut and dry decision for the new champion and betfair must have shared my cynicism as the cash out went down dramatically but mainly I'm so angry that this still blatantly goes on. 

• That’s up there with the Hamilton result,that is an absolute disgraceful & shocking decision,wtaf 
  • Taylor coming across a right deluded cnt  in this interview as well
  • I’ve not seen a single person that thinks it’s anything other than a scandal.

I can’t even find someone that saw it as a draw.
  • Imagine being Jack Catterall right now. Just put in the performance of your life and soundly beaten one of the best in the world only to be cheated by the judges. I'm absolutely gutted for him so God knows how he must feel
  • Croydon said:
    Taylor coming across a right deluded cnt  in this interview as well
    It wasn’t his fault. He doesn’t score it.

Davison even told him before the final round that he needs a stoppage.
  • Glad rhe pundits aren't holding back.

Can't believe the lad interviewing in the ring apologised to Taylor for questioning the decision. It's literally your job you melt
  • Are judges sat at the ringside in the best place to score fights?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've seen some boxing and don't think I have ever seen a decision that bad. 

Who promoted that fight, was it Top rank? Need to know so I never bother getting excited about their fights again
  • On our group chat after 10 rounds I said you wait, they’ll be some dodgy scoring to save Taylor here. When he then had a point deducted I thought even that had gone out the window.

I love watching boxing but I don’t emotionally invest in it at all as I know it’s ridiculously corrupt. But that was something else. The is a reason the likes of Ian John Lewis kept getting gigs and you’d have to go so to convince me it’s because they’re the best. 
  • That is a shocker, judges HAVE to be questioned directly how they come to that decision, and probably suspended from judging until they can prove they can do it without looking like cheats.disgusting. 
  • Corrupt and embarrassing 
  • Are judges sat at the ringside in the best place to score fights?
    Or are they just so corrupt/incompetent that it wouldn't make any difference?
  • Croydon said:
    Taylor coming across a right deluded cnt  in this interview as well
    It wasn’t his fault. He doesn’t score it.

Davison even told him before the final round that he needs a stoppage.
    Not saying it was, but his lack of humility at the end was ridiculous. Also become a right prick recently anyway, been such a helmet all of fight week.
  • Disgusting decision and I feel so sorry for poor Jack Cattarall who boxed beautifully.

As other have said well done to Sky and the pundits for calling it for what is was a complete stitch up.

The same will happen to Whyte if he could somehow do the same to Fury. 

British boxing has turned into German boxing.
  • On our group chat after 10 rounds I said you wait, they’ll be some dodgy scoring to save Taylor here. When he then had a point deducted I thought even that had gone out the window.

I love watching boxing but I don’t emotionally invest in it at all as I know it’s ridiculously corrupt. But that was something else. The is a reason the likes of Ian John Lewis kept getting gigs and you’d have to go so to convince me it’s because they’re the best. 
    I was saying the same in a group too mate 

When he got docked the point for swiping at Catterall way after the bell even then I said Catterall still needs to KO him to get the draw 

I'm gonna watch it back in the morning, no sound on but its hard to do knowing there has been a robbery, just plain subjective tight fights are easy to rewatch like the first GGG V Alvarez fight, I could watch that for fun but it would still amaze me GGG didn't get the decision 

For me this was an easy fight to score, no loyalities to either fighter but huge admiration for both. 

• Just watched it back and it's a shocking decision. Seem some people saying online that Catterall didn't do much in the later rounds after the knock down and maybe that swayed the judges. He didn't need to, he won at least 6 of the first 8 rounds and of course round 8 was a 10-8 round.

He landed almost double the amount of punches that Taylor did. For those that have said Taylor was pushing later on, he landed SIX punches in rounds 11 & 12. 

Crazy decision, even by the judge that only gave it to Catterall by 1 round, but the other 2 judges should never judge again. 114-111 Taylor, when 1 round was 10-8 to Catterall, how?!! Judges really should have to come out and explain their decisions. I've not seen a single person, pundit, ex-boxer etc say it was anything other than shocking, seems the only 3 people in the world who thought Taylor won it were Taylor and 2 of the judges.