Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Spectacular fight and what an absolute warrior Leigh Wood to keep on coming and then break him down… unbelievable heart!
  • Superb fight. Unreal stamina from Wood, he took a bit of a beating over the first 6-7 rounds but you could tell Conlan was getting knackered from 9 onwards. Wood looked strong and Conlan's punches weren't doing much. 
  • Really hope they get a rematch in, was such a good fight. 
  • Warrington beats Martinez to become a 2 time world champion. Quite liberal use of his head that was never picked up on be the ref. 3 head clashes and 3 cuts for Kiko.

Massive cut from the head clash early on against Lara too.
  • Agreed while Josh boxed well it was also a dirty performance with the use of the head and shoulders. Will be interesting to see him go up against some one at world class level as I personally thought he was done after the Lara fights.

Those Leeds fans are absolutely mad for him
  • He'll avoid Lara like the plague as he'll spark him again. Big British fight with Leigh Wood will be the one Hearn wants, and would make a great bout.

I know Warrington wants to go to Vegas, but I don't think he'd sell the tickets out there, and we've seen before he's a different fighter away from that Leeds following.
  • Anyone else feel a bit sick watching the Palace tarts all over the crowd for that Richard fella who won?!
  • Any thoughts about Tyson Fury’s fight this weekend v Dillian Whyte at Wembley?  He has announced it will be his final fight, to spend more time with his family.
  • Would love Whyte to win tbh
  • I also would like Whyte to win but can't see anything other than a Fury win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    Any thoughts about Tyson Fury’s fight this weekend v Dillian Whyte at Wembley?  He has announced it will be his final fight, to spend more time with his family.
    Every fight seems to be his last, guess it sells a few more ppvs. Tbh I worry about a post fight career Fury, I don't think it ends well. 
  • Fury will win, but Whyte is no mug.

Whyte's tactic of avoiding press conferences in the build up is interesting.  Fury loves the mind games & often has opponents beat in the build up. He doesn't have that advantage this time.
  • Can't see Whyte winning, not because he's bad but because Fury is on a different level. Hope Fury goes on to fight AJ and Usyk, he's got unfinished business in my view
  • Whyte  does have a punchers chance, but is susceptible himself to uppercuts (Joshua and Povetkin put him down and out with those...). I like Dillian a lot but think Fury has too much for him if he has trained properly.  
  • Even Fury's own dad doesn't believe he'll retire
  • Fury all day long, non existent undercard which is a shame apart from Isaac Lowe 

Hopefully Joshua v Fury gets made for September while they are both in decent shape
  • Even Fury's own dad doesn't believe he'll retire
    I'd like to hear much much less from John Fury
  • Just watched Furys recently IFL TV interview and he looks depressed. 
  • shine166 said:
    Just watched Furys recently IFL TV interview and he looks depressed. 

I thought the same tbf, not his usual self
  • Sponsored links:

• Controversial but I'll put it out there - Whyte stops Fury on Saturday.
  • bobmunro said:
    Controversial but I'll put it out there - Whyte stops Fury on Saturday.
    That's what my money is on anyway
  • Croydon said:
    bobmunro said:
    The odds make this well worth a punt, that's for sure. My only thought is that Wilder put some on Fury, and whilst he was floored he wasn't knocked out. Not sure Whyte can hit as hard as Wilder.
  • bobmunro said:
    Very controversial. Whyte couldn't even stop Joseph Parker or a 40 year old Marius Wach
  • McBobbin said:
    Croydon said:
    bobmunro said:
    The odds make this well worth a punt, that's for sure. My only thought is that Wilder put some on Fury, and whilst he was floored he wasn't knocked out. Not sure Whyte can hit as hard as Wilder.
    Yeah I've done it for the value really, plus I do like Whyte. Fury just doesn't look himself this week though.
  • shine166 said:
    Just watched Furys recently IFL TV interview and he looks depressed. 
    I thought the same when I saw him Interviewed on Sky sports yesterday.  He doesn't seem his usual self 
  • Considering this is being built as the biggest domestic fight in years, i think Fury has been very quiet. Perhaps its cos Whyte hasn't said anything either, or there's been a change in social media stuff during camp. A focused Fury easily beats Whyte. 
  • Going for Whyte in the 9th.

One tough bstrd is Whyte
  • Anyone picking Whyte over Fury is clearly going heart over head. 

Either you're thinking Fury is coming in 1/10th the fighter than he did in his last couple, or Whyte has managed to grow 2 feet. 

There isn't a single attribute that Whyte has an advantage over Fury in. 
  • Fury late on by TKO. Dillian will come out all guns blazing and try to take his head off and wont be able to rough fury up like he does everyone else. Will tire towards then end and then fury will box his head off