Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Feel sorry for the 94k. This is dull as. 
  • Expected more aggression from whyte early on
  • There isn't just one level between these two. 

There's about 20. 
  • What a fucking shot.

Absolute miles above. Different levels.
  • edited April 2022
    Game over. 

Fight should never have happened. What a waste of everyone's time and Fury's prime. 
  • What a punch that was.
  • Sent one of his teeth into Row Z!
  • Great shot. Whyte outdone by an uppercut again.

Expected more from Whyte on his big chance tbh. Some or the wild swings just showed the difference in levels between these two.
  • Great punch, but a total mismatch for 6 rounds 
  • Fury v Usyk is the only fight to make now. 

Fury's size and skill against Usyk's superior boxing ability. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Was never going to be anything other than a complete mismatch. More money than sense if you paid to watch this. 
  • Well done Tyson.  

Epic Stevie Wonder impression from David Haye tonight.
  • Whyte's weakness to the uppercut is becoming a running theme - AJ, Fury and Povetkin all landing it heavily on him.

Any time you stand that tall, its an easy shot to land with some bang behind it; he really has to work on that, as its a real problem for him and clearly the rest of the division has his number on that front.

Superior boxing ability is a massive call.

Fury is ridiculously intelligent as a boxer.
  • Whyte's weakness to the uppercut is becoming a running theme - AJ, Fury and Povetkin all landing it heavily on him.

Any time you stand that tall, its an easy shot to land with some bang behind it; he really has to work on that, as its a real problem for him and clearly the rest of the division has his number on that front.
    Fury just schooled him for 5.5 rounds until that was on, and landed it straight away. Sugar has created a monster. He’s got it all.

I mean Fury has about a foot advantage over everyone else he fights. 

He fights well but he makes the most of his god given talents. 

Usyk wins on skill alone, and has fought better opponents in Cruiserweight than the likes of these heavies. Just look at how easily he took Joshua apart. 
  • Looks like Fury is going to fight the UFC heavy champ in some freak show event anyway. 

Suppose it'll pay big money but again a waste of a fight. 

I mean Fury has about a foot advantage over everyone else he fights. 

He fights well but he makes the most of his god given talents. 

Usyk wins on skill alone, and has fought better opponents in Cruiserweight than the likes of these heavies. Just look at how easily he took Joshua apart. 
    But it depends how you define superior boxing ability. Heavyweight boxing ability, Fury is in a league of his own. Its it’s own individual sport. Usyk is great and a worthy opponent but Fury would school him.

His past is disgraceful and he wasn’t a nice bloke. Nature and nurture. But now, he’s fantastic, and one of the best English sportsman we’ve ever seen.

Is he though? Or is he just a reasonably smart boxer when the other big name heavyweights (Usyk aside) are almost entirely brawlers and focus on power?

I'm not saying he is stupid or not a good boxer, but I don't think he's THAT smart honestly. 
  • Fury just put on a show there, I thought he was going to look to take Whyte into the last 3 rounds, they are old mates and I was of the mind Fury would not want to hurt Whyte but after the elbow Whyte chucked in I think Fury had a lot more meat in his shots. 

This version of Tyson Fury who has improved with every fight and then taken himself to a truly elite level training out of the Kronk gym shows how clever he is around boxing. He has always been able to slip and look good and take a shot but to have the power he now has in his locker makes him pretty scary to fight. 

Only 2 possible fights left for him now. Joshua or Usyck and the rematch once he beats either of them first time. I rate Usyck so highly but he is too small regardless of how technically amazing he is 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic rendition of American Pie. A great showman and will be a big loss if he calls it quits now especially as he is still at the top of his game.  
    Whyte had a great back story but just looked out classed from the first bell.
  • thenewbie said:
    Fury v Usyk is the only fight to make now. 

Is he though? Or is he just a reasonably smart boxer when the other big name heavyweights (Usyk aside) are almost entirely brawlers and focus on power?

I'm not saying he is stupid or not a good boxer, but I don't think he's THAT smart honestly. 
    But your seeing intelligence against everything the Heavyweight division has to offer. When something different offers itself then perhaps that question will be answered. At the moment, he is.
  • thenewbie said:
    Fury v Usyk is the only fight to make now. 

But your seeing intelligence against everything the Heavyweight division has to offer. When something different offers itself then perhaps that question will be answered. At the moment, he is.
    The intelligence is evident, you can listen to him talk candidly about the sport and he is an encyclopedia, even parking that the boxing intelligence @ValleyGary is talking about  is how he works out what he is in the ring with, having prepared granted, and he adjusts accordingly. Loads of boxers will either do what that have prepared to do and nothing else, will fall back on instinct and some will have a plan b. Very few can make the adjustments in the ring and also listen and carry out the instruction given by their corner 

• Definitely don't see him retiring. He can certainly claim he doesn't need the money but when he's offered 30m+ to fight Usyk or 50m+ to fight Joshua in Saudi or somewhere, it's going to be pretty hard to say no thanks.
  • Definitely need to see him fight/beat Joshua before he retires. 
  • Looked like a pretty easy nights work for him. Dare I say Joshua would be easier?
    Usyk not so much
  • He won’t be retiring. 
  • se9addick said:
    He won’t be retiring. 
    This 
  • Looked like a pretty easy nights work for him. Dare I say Joshua would be easier?
    Usyk not so much
    I don't.think Joshua would be easier, but Fury would still beat him pretty easily.

Always thought Fury would beat Joshua on points but the way Sugar Hill has added power to his punches, Fury would win by KO.
  • shine166 said:
    Definitely need to see him fight/beat Joshua before he retires. 
    Only if Joshua beats Usyk (which he won't). Very little point to the fight otherwise