Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    Fury late on by TKO. Dillian will come out all guns blazing and try to take his head off and wont be able to rough fury up like he does everyone else. Will tire towards then end and then fury will box his head off
    Pretty much how I see the fight going. Fury in around 8/9. 
  • Absolute farce of an undercard for this
  • Croydon said:
    Absolute farce of an undercard for this
    Dreadful. The stick Hearn would get for putting that on.

Although Warren did have some potentially valid excuses:

“I’d have loved to put Anthony Yarde on, but unfortunately I can’t risk him fighting at the moment. Joe Smith Jr is fighting Artur Beterbiev for the [WBC, IBF and WBO light-heavyweight] unification fight in about eight weeks’ time. Yarde has got the winner, so I don’t want him getting injured. Even if he was on there, I’d have given him a pretty easy job because I don’t want him risking that position – and I’d have probably got some stick over that."

"Dubois, I’d love him to have been on the undercard, but he’s got the WBA [‘regular’] heavyweight title fight, so he can’t be on there. I’d love for him to have got the exposure on the card."

“Joe Joyce has got a broken wrist, I can’t get him on there."

“Hamzah Sheeraz – it’s ramadan, so he can’t box."

• Got everything crossed for a Dillian Whyte win. Can't seeing it happening though 
  • Speaking as a boxing enthusiast, I'm really not sure what to expect on Saturday. Fury has often looked pedestrian and cumbersome in fights where he isn't motivated, and I question how engaged he is with this fight. Whyte has a shot at the world title, something he's waited years for. That said, I can't see anybody in the division knocking out Fury, and I certainly can't imagine Whyte going 12 rounds and winning on points.

I optimistically hope for a real tear up, but expect 12 tedious rounds that give Fury a comfortable points victory, leaving me regretting spending £25 to watch it.
  • Croydon said:
    Absolute farce of an undercard for this
    Dreadful. The stick Hearn would get for putting that on.

Although Warren did have some potentially valid excuses:

“I’d have loved to put Anthony Yarde on, but unfortunately I can’t risk him fighting at the moment. Joe Smith Jr is fighting Artur Beterbiev for the [WBC, IBF and WBO light-heavyweight] unification fight in about eight weeks’ time. Yarde has got the winner, so I don’t want him getting injured. Even if he was on there, I’d have given him a pretty easy job because I don’t want him risking that position – and I’d have probably got some stick over that."

"Dubois, I’d love him to have been on the undercard, but he’s got the WBA [‘regular’] heavyweight title fight, so he can’t be on there. I’d love for him to have got the exposure on the card."

“Joe Joyce has got a broken wrist, I can’t get him on there."

“Hamzah Sheeraz – it’s ramadan, so he can’t box."

Or perhaps more honestly - nearly everything spent on the main fight and never had any intention of a better undercard.

Would imagine they need to sell a fair few PPVs to get that purse bid money back, so interesting to see if things get more ‘heated’ at the weigh in.
  • Two tough men and Dillian has more than a punchers chance if he can regularly land the left hook clean, definitely wouldn’t surprise me if he drops him at some point
    But head says Tyson will have a higher work rate and will land a lot more shots and will get the points win,  I don’t see him getting a KO unless Dillian tires massively 10-12.
  • One way to improve the undercard

• bobmunro said:
    Controversial but I'll put it out there - Whyte stops Fury on Saturday.
    Very controversial. Whyte couldn't even stop Joseph Parker or a 40 year old Marius Wach
    Parker has a very decent chin. Whyte burgled that victory and came very close to being knocked out by Parker in the final round.
  • Croydon said:
    One way to improve the undercard

If he's got any sense, Whyte's dad should insist on gloves - Fury senior is a bit handy with his thumbs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Much better interview from Fury yesterday after the weigh in. Looked much happier and said there’s a lot of respect between the camps so probably why it’s been a bit quieter.
  • This is a pukka little fight 
  • WTF. The ref has tucked Isaac Lowe right up there hasn't he?!
  • It wasnt the ref that beat him it was Ball. Fighters get told to defend themselves at all times. He didn't do that.
  • Christ, listening to Joe Joyce was a struggle there. Absolutely nothing going on upstairs.
  • Surreal this Klitsckhco thing. What a human being.
  • any chance any of you have this on a free stream?
  • Hesgoal have it 
  • Can only think this fight is wasting time while people get in the stadium. Absolute shocker.
  • Can only think this fight is wasting time while people get in the stadium. Absolute shocker.
    Ball should have been on now, this is dull af
  • Sponsored links:

Boxing's version of a poor 0-0 draw.
  • edited April 2022
  • The fuck is with BT's camera constant use of the wide camera 
  • Notorious BIG and KOL, oh yes.
  • Notorious BIG and KOL, oh yes.
    Genuinely the worst kings of Leon song.
  • Stupid tactic to come out as southpaw. Hopefully just a rd1 tactic
  • Any links?
  • Whyte is so so so so average. 
  • Whyte is so so so so average.  And the 3rd/4th best heavyweight in the world
  • Whyte is so so so so average.  And the 3rd/4th best heavyweight in the world
    Shameful isn't it. 

Glorified bar brawler.