Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Christ Pulev can take a shot!
    They were never the cleanest of shots from Chisora though, except for the body shots, of course, of which there were many.
  • Options
    Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr at The O2 in October, Eddie Hearn announcing it’ll be shown in the UK on DAZN PPV 
  • Options
    Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr at The O2 in October, Eddie Hearn announcing it’ll be shown in the UK on DAZN PPV 
    Not sure why Eubank would take this other than for the money. He wins, he's no closer to a world title. Loses, and he could be finished. A good big 'un always beats a good littl'un...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Not sure why Eubank would take this other than for the money. He wins, he's no closer to a world title. Loses, and he could be finished. A good big 'un always beats a good littl'un...
    Whereas it feels like a no-lose one for Benn.

Very hyped fight, he loses he can say I took a fight at catchweight, lost to a bigger guy, move on.
  • Options
    I think Eubank will win unfortunately 
  • Options
    I still want to go though I agree with what people are saying. I feel Benn can spring an upset but the evening has a chance to be a brilliant spectacle. Naturally Eubank Jr is favourite but just think Benns determination and aggressive nature with his decent punch accuarcy/power will really put him in good stead.   
  • Options
    Does AJ have any show of beating Usyk this weekend?  I see Usyk is favoured to win by some bookies.  Usyk seemed to have his measure in the first fight and Joshua may need to change his game plan (says me who doesn’t know much)
  • Options
    Joshua always has a chance. 

But he won't win. Honestly don't feel like in the last 3 years he's been as dedicated as he could have been. Still the same robotic style that was waiting to get found out. 
  • Options
    Bkfc this weekend, the fastest growing sport in the world. They are having their first fights outside of the US at Wembley this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Bkfc this weekend, the fastest growing sport in the world. They are having their first fights outside of the US at Wembley this weekend.
    Really busy cards are put up by BKFC, I'm a fan and the more cultured ex pro boxers that are now getting involved the better its getting. The fights rarely go the distance as funnily enough getting hit clean with someone not wearing any knuckle padding, hurts and its a good watch seeing some windmilling animal fight someone who knows how to defend and move their feet 

As regards Joshua v Usyk. This is Usyks to lose, same as the first fight, Joshua needs to have learned from the Chisora fight that Usyk wasn't anywhere near as comfortable in the ring with Del boy as he was with jab, jab, right Joshua. However Usyk looks a lot bigger for this fight, either growing into the weight or not wanting to be physically dominated and Joshua looks slim, which will help his gas tank in the later rounds but I've seen nothing from Joshua throughout his career to suggest he can change his style that is suited to fighting big, slow men with no footwork. 

Benn v Eubank, as much as I love Nigel Benn and rate Connor for the stage of his career he is at and am at best, lukewarm to Eubank junior. Eubank is too big for him, can take a shot and I think will stop him.
  • Options
    I think Joshua's only hope is to try and blast him out of there early on. He's not going to have suddenly unlocked an entirely new arsenal of boxing skill to be on Usyk's level, and it will just be a repeat of the first fight if he tries to box him.
  • Options
    Make sure to watch Ben Whittaker on the undercard. Second coming of Prince Naseem.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I think Joshua's only hope is to try and blast him out of there early on. He's not going to have suddenly unlocked an entirely new arsenal of boxing skill to be on Usyk's level, and it will just be a repeat of the first fight if he tries to box him.
    Completely agree, but it's exactly what I think will happen though.

Not sure if it's him being scared of really getting hit post-Ruiz, or trying to prove he's some master boxer that he isn't, but Joshua appears intent on ignoring the only advantage he has over Usyk, his size.
  • Options
    Benn might surprise a few.
    He's lightning quick and Eubsnk junior ain't got his old man's stamina, so if Benn can get stuck in early he could turn him over.
  • Options
    He's lightning quick and Eubsnk junior ain't got his old man's stamina, so if Benn can get stuck in early he could turn him over.
    The only factor in Connors favour is the weight, he should be strong and feel strong but I don't think he is ready for this fight which is saying something as Eubank junior is one of the most over hyped Instagram fighters for a generation. The biggest name he has fought is an absolutely busted James DeGale. However he is a lot bigger than Connor and I dont think Connor will be able to hurt him, Eubank junior has a solid chin I'll give him that 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    The only factor in Connors favour is the weight, he should be strong and feel strong but I don't think he is ready for this fight which is saying something as Eubank junior is one of the most over hyped Instagram fighters for a generation. The biggest name he has fought is an absolutely busted James DeGale. However he is a lot bigger than Connor and I dont think Connor will be able to hurt him, Eubank junior has a solid chin I'll give him that 
    Took some quality shots from a banger in George Groves. Defo has his dad's chin 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Carter said:
    Took some quality shots from a banger in George Groves. Defo has his dad's chin 
    Some of the punches George hit him with are putting most super middleweights down. Unfortunately for junior he just hasn't bothered with head movement or footwork 
  • Options
    I'll be perfectly honest, £27 to watch uzyk Joshua is a bit steep. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    McBobbin said:
    I'll be perfectly honest, £27 to watch uzyk Joshua is a bit steep. 
    Itl be easy to get a stream, it's being aired in Ukraine for free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The decline of Badou Jack is really quite depressing to watch. 
  • Options
    The decline of Badou Jack is really quite depressing to watch. 
    Apparently he won that fight.  What a joke. 
  • Options
    Somehow the eighth round lasted just under four minutes. How do you mess up that badly as the timekeeper?
  • Options
    Somehow the eighth round lasted just under four minutes. How do you mess up that badly as the timekeeper?
    Embarrassing. 
  • Options
    What a left from Smith Zzzzz
  • Options
    What a left from Smith Zzzzz
    Enjoyed that scrap as the French lad came to have it.

Smith gets dismantled by Berbetiev and Bivol though 
  • Options
    Tarverdi going to drop unless he can land a few more of those rights. His left jab is ineffective so far.
  • Options
    Awful stoppage. 
  • Options
    Anyone managed to find the Ukraine stream ? I may have but not sure as it is just repeating the weigh in I'm hoping the stream will start soon
  • Options
    This could be an interesting fight. 

A perfect record, Vs a near perfect record with 1 draw.