Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Dubois should be world champion now and Usyk got lucky with that moment. 

However, Dubois could easily have made that count and although I get he was tired,  I’m never sure of boxers who don’t go out on their sword, particularly in a world title fight. 
    He is only 25 and isn't yet conditioned to 12 rounds of championship boxing. That's down to his management.
    He turned pro 6 years ago, and had 22 fights if he’s not conditioned by now now he never will
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Dubois did himself proud. Weren’t a low blow.
    He did but question marks over his heart after he flat-out quit in the last round though. 
    I can’t question someone that should have won but didn’t cos moody decision and arguably shouldn’t even been at that level in the first place.
    It's a World Title fight and it might be your only chance to win it. You know Usyk is wincing at every body-shot but you stay down over a jab because you're not conditioned for 12 rounds. 
  • Options
    Also we don't really know what happens if the 'low blow' is counted a knockdown. Usyk could get up and stall for 2 minutes just fine. Before we all start going 'uncrowned world champ Dubois.'
  • Options
    Also we don't really know what happens if the 'low blow' is counted a knockdown. Usyk could get up and stall for 2 minutes just fine. Before we all start going 'uncrowned world champ Dubois.'
    He definitely milked it, but he looked hurt there... if he gets up before 10 he would have been firmly in survival mode for the rest of that round
  • Options
    Dubois should be world champion now and Usyk got lucky with that moment. 

However, Dubois could easily have made that count and although I get he was tired,  I’m never sure of boxers who don’t go out on their sword, particularly in a world title fight. 
    He is only 25 and isn't yet conditioned to 12 rounds of championship boxing. That's down to his managemen22t.
    He turned pro 6 years ago, and had 22 fights if he’s not conditioned by now now he never will
    63 rounds in 20 fights before today, of which 20 were in 2 fights. That doesn't make you conditioned to fight the best in the world over championship distance.
    He should have been fighting some of the sub-top level fighters for experience.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    He definitely milked it, but he looked hurt there... if he gets up before 10 he would have been firmly in survival mode for the rest of that round
    Of course he was hurt, but would Dubois be able to do anything with it? He didn't really get much done when it was clear Usyk didn't like it to the body afterwards. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Of course he was hurt, but would Dubois be able to do anything with it? He didn't really get much done when it was clear Usyk didn't like it to the body afterwards. 
    Agreed, but i dont think he wouldve been able to do much more than stand up, his facial expressions showed how badly hurt he was
  • Options
    Perfect situation for frank warren... probably gets a rematch for dubois, and then usyk is a year older before he fights tyson
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Doesn't matter if he doesn't get up by the count of 10.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Doesn't matter if he doesn't get up by the count of 10.
    But we have no idea if he would've or not. He milked it obviously because it was called low and he could take the full 5 minutes to recover. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone questioning Dubois heart, have a watch of the finishing punch in slow motion. It was an absolute brute. Just because it was straight it doesn't mean it was any less of a power shot.
  • Options
    I cant remember the last time I saw a cruiser or heavyweight fight where one let alone both fighters had their guards and shorts where they should be. Both fighters tonight had them on pulled right up and i dont blame them

My 2 cents for what they are worth, Daniel Dubois should be the new undisputed champ, that was a genuine sickener of a body shot landed in a really painful part of the body to have a football hit you let alone a punch thrown by a heavyweight contender 

• Options
    Anyone questioning Dubois heart, have a watch of the finishing punch in slow motion. It was an absolute brute. Just because it was straight it doesn't mean it was any less of a power shot.
    Dubois clearly wasn't too hurt as he was fine after the 10 count. He was fatigued, took a good shot and called it quits. Didn't have the stamina for 12 and it showed. 
  • Options
    A lot of fist is below the belt line on this angle.

To say he's been robbed of the title is a bit much imo, the shot is borderline and the ref made a split second call. Could have gone either way 

• Options
    Croydon said:
    A lot of fist is below the belt line on this angle.

To say he's been robbed of the title is a bit much imo, the shot is borderline and the ref made a split second call. Could have gone either way 

I have watched it back a few times this morning. Personally, I dont think it should be a low blow, but knowing what I now know are the rules, it definitely is one. By the letter of the law a low blow is counted as any contact below the belly button and he definitely tags him below
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    His elbow is level with the top of his shorts there. 

If that has hit him in the Jacobs (as Usyk claims) then he either….

1) Has a very short body
    2) Has very long upper arms
    3) Has the “beans above the Frank”

• Options

1) Has a very short body

Doesn't need to hit your meat and veg to be low though, it's just anything below the belt line according to the rules. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

1) Has a very short body

Doesn't need to hit your meat and veg to be low though, it's just anything below the belt line according to the rules. 
    It’s not though. It’s anything below the navel. 

If it was anywhere below the belt then Simon Cowell could never take a body shot. 

Anyway - I was commenting on Usyk saying he was hit in the bollocks………bollocks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

1) Has a very short body

It’s not though. It’s anything below the navel. 

If it was anywhere below the belt then Simon Cowell could never take a body shot. 

Anyway - I was commenting on Usyk saying he was hit in the bollocks………bollocks. 
    Being completely objective, foul guards and cups kind of distribute the agony rather than prevent it. Like I said before if a football hits you there it hurts. Dubois didn't hit him in the nutbag but where he hit the foul guard the shot would have been felt in places you don't need to feel a heavyweights punch 
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic fight just finished on Channel 5. British title scrap between Samuel Antwi and Mason Cartwright. Absolute war and huge knockout in the 12th.
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic fight just finished on Channel 5. British title scrap between Samuel Antwi and Mason Cartwright. Absolute war and huge knockout in the 12th.
    Best fighter won. Massive knockout. First punch turned him into a statue. Punches 2 and 3 made sure.
    Glad that Cartwright was okay because that was a heavy stoppage. 
  • Options
    Just watched the Ricky Hatton documentary,and confess it had me in tears at times.Now I am not an authority on boxing training and accept that a fighter would need to undergo a certain amount of pain in training to replicate what may happen in the ring.But the way that guy pounded Ricky with the medicine ball just seemed over the top,surely there is a severe risk of kidney or other internal damage when he was laying on a table and there is no room for the blows to be absorbed.
  • Options
    No one watching the fight?
  • Options
    Eubank looking very good,Smith less so,he looks like he's carrying an injury of some sort, just doesnt look in it at all
  • Options
    I am. Incredibly one sided. Can't work out if Eubank Jr is having an exceptional night or if Smith is just having a stinker 
  • Options
    Eubank imposed himself from the start. Won every round.
  • Options
    Eubank is dismantling him. Smith can't get near him.
  • Options
    Smith corner should be pulling him out.