Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Fury v Usyk to take place December or January ... papers have been signed ... the fight will be in Saudi Arabia
  • Options
    I'll temper my excitement, genuine huge boxing fan excitement until they are both in the ring and the first bell has gone 

• Options
    Now this is supposedly signed, makes Fury’s fight with the MMA guy look even more risky, it’ll only take a bad cut with Fury to have the Usyk fight postponed. 
  • Options
    Now this is supposedly signed, makes Fury’s fight with the MMA guy look even more risky, it’ll only take a bad cut with Fury to have the Usyk fight postponed. 
    Call me cynical but I wonder if this isn't exactly what's going to happen. Fury gets his pay day from beating up a non boxer with a high profile but oh what do you know in the process something happens to his shoulder or similar and the actual title fight gets pushed back.

I'd ask Bob to give me odds on it if I were a betting man.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Call me cynical but I wonder if this isn't exactly what's going to happen. Fury gets his pay day from beating up a non boxer with a high profile but oh what do you know in the process something happens to his shoulder or similar and the actual title fight gets pushed back.

I'd ask Bob to give me odds on it if I were a betting man.

The fight to take place by the end of January 2024

1/2 No
    6/4 Yes
  • Options
    Some atmosphere for Wood v Warrington 
  • Options
    Wood getting roughed up at the moment.
  • Options
    WOW. What a finish!
  • Options
    Huge turnaround, out of nowhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good night vienna! Proper finish, that!
  • Options
    That was pukka
  • Options
    Any interest in the Fury v Ngannou fight?  Just have to hope that the possible injury mentioned by thenewbie above doesn’t happen.  Wonder how much Tyson’s being paid to take the risk.

I see Joseph Parker is on the undercard against a little known Simon Kean, although the Canadian has 22 knockouts to his credit in 23 wins.  He’s lost one.
  • Options
    I’m annoyed with myself as I’ll watch it. More so for the undercard as it looks lively.

The main event just sums up what has been happening over the past few years. It’s a different world to that of just a few years ago.

I absolutely loved a Saturday night fight night on Sky from the O2. It’s now about YouTubers and fighters fighting a world champ in their first ever boxing fight.

Maybe I’m just getting old.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Thankfully I have a stupid mate who paid for tonight's nonsense. The Parker fight was ridiculous, the opponent looked like someone they had dragged off the street, total mismatch.The British Heavy Weight title match was pretty good, but WTF is this "opening ceremony" bollocks about? Whole thing screams farce.
  • Options
    Would love to see Fury get sparked but it won't happen as he isn't fighting a boxer. Dosser prick 
  • Options
    The Furys (and others) have found a niche in the market, where mugs are willing to pay their hard-earned cash to watch a farce and a shit undercard.
    Can't blame them. Tommy is so bad that he wouldn't be earning anything if his surname wasn't Fury.
  • Options
     :D Down goes Fury! 
  • Options
    Fury's timing is so far off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please please please spark him Francis 
  • Options
    Generational talent 😂😂
  • Options
    Fury hasn't trained properly for this. He looks so rusty.
  • Options
    Fury doesn't care, just after the payday. No doubt he'll pick up a convenient little niggle to get the Usyk fight pushed back too.
  • Options
    Fury's punches missing by a mile.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Fury doesn't care, just after the payday. No doubt he'll pick up a convenient little niggle to get the Usyk fight pushed back too.
     close enough on the cards that he should care
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    thenewbie said:
     close enough on the cards that he should care
    I'm sure that the cards will be kind to him!
  • Options
    What an abysmal performance from Fury.
  • Options
    What a load of bollocks. How on earth has Fury got that? The judge that gave him it by 3 rounds is on crack.
  • Options
    That’s a disgraceful decision..