Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Wilder one of the lowest quality HW world champions in history, but will forever be inflated by the Tyson Fury fanboys who need him to be decent for their man's record to have any decent wins on it. 
  • Options
    Slowly warming up now 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Wilder one of the lowest quality HW world champions in history, but will forever be inflated by the Tyson Fury fanboys who need him to be decent for their man's record to have any decent wins on it. 
    Just ignore Klitschko then I guess? 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Croydon said:
    39 year old and the final stages of his career. How do you rate AJ's win against him?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    39 year old and the final stages of his career. How do you rate AJ's win against him?
    Didn't look final stages at the time though did it? 

Fury set the blueprint to beat him and Joshua still had to go through a war to win. 
  • Options
    Parker has outlander Wilder 35-16 in the first six rounds.  There’s hope for Joe yet.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I don't completely disagree, his credentials are about as good as any of the champions though. Wilder was an Olympic medalist but his USP is he totally disregards the Olympic style of jab, jab hold, jab, jab, backhand in favour of just waiting to land a colossal right hand thrown from somewhere about an inch off the floor. 

As it stands Fury has fought and beat 2 of the main men. Joshua has fought 2 of them and beaten one of them, Usyk has beaten everyone but only Joshua for me is the main name still at heavyweight he has fought. Klitchskos beat everyone in a truly, truly terrible time for heavyweight boxing but both got stopped by better fighters. Big Vitali by having his face torn apart by Lennox and Wlad got properly fucked up a couple of times by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster neither of whom would be in the conversation for top 10. 

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Upset on the cards. 

Reminds me of Ruiz - Joshua. Guy turns up expecting to win and gets embarrassed. 
  • Options
    Wilder looking worse than even I thought possible.
  • Options
    Not sure you can give Wilder a single round. Bet it ends up a far closer on the judges scorecards though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Wilder looking worse than even I thought possible.
    He’s got hilariously skinny legs 
  • Options
    Wilder is back at square one with this. Won't be surprised if he quits. 
  • Options
    Great performance by Parker. Must have won clearly.
  • Options
    Maybe id give Wilder a share of one round but that was a Parker shut out 
  • Options
    Wilder might have won some of the latter rounds when Parker took it easy 
  • Options
    Just put the boxing on. Is this being held at a Riyadh leisure centre? 
  • Options
    Wilder can't have actually thought he won right? 
  • Options
    Great win for Parker.  Wilder saved by the bell at the end of the eighth?

Good news after trying to come to grips with a 1-1 draw against blimmin Burton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Anthony Joshua - Zhilei Zhang please. 

Joe Parker can rematch Joe Joyce. Not interested in seeing him against anyone at the top level. 
  • Options
    Wow. Proper scorecards.
    I cant ever remember seeing a 120-108!
  • Options
    Very impressed with how Wilder has spoke 
  • Options
    Very impressed with how Wilder has spoke 
    Other than the fact he thought he won! 
  • Options
    Ngannou v Wilder would make sense at this point as a Saudi attraction fight. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Wow. Proper scorecards.
    I cant ever remember seeing a 120-108!
    Devin Haney beat Regis Prograis 120-107 on all 3 scorecards 2 weeks ago in what was seen by some as a 50/50 fight.
  • Options
    Joshua looking sharp this evening 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Joshua fighting another can to pretend he's not washed then I guess? 

Wallin's resume is utter garbage. 
  • Options
    Wallin looked shite in there tonight, I've seen him look better but he didn't want any of that after the right left he ate. Joshua can only beat who is in front of him, boxed well but Wallin offered no threat 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Carter said:
    Wallin looked shite in there tonight, I've seen him look better but he didn't want any of that after the right left he ate. Joshua can only beat who is in front of him, boxed well but Wallin offered no threat 
    Against 36 year old Breazeale or random cans in America? 

Joshua taking embarrassingly easy fights and expects a world title fight after that. 

Anthony Joshua - Zhilei Zhang is my hope for his next fight so he faces a live opponent. Imagine he'll go for Parker or Hrgović instead.