Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATEMENT: From CAFC and the Met Police

Comments

• Options

Why Scotland yard?

Why are they interested in this at all?

Why isn't it being dealt with at a local level?

Just another weird occurrence from our unique management team.

Gets them potential press coverage that the fans are to blame.

Means that some people will believe them and that's their aim ...they need to 'dirty' our protests so that they look like the good guys.
  • Options
    redman said:

I think we should all be writing to MPS; something along the lines of we believe they have more important things to spend their time on rather than worrying about a few beach balls being thrown on a football pitch.

Ring 101 and ask for a reference number. Save ink and paper
  • Options

Alright Tony, if you're reading this, I'm just giving you the heads up that the next balls I throw about are gonna land on your missus chin.

This mob are a joke.

Big Tone on a night out, rather you than me VG ;(
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Why Scotland yard?

Why are they interested in this at all?

Why isn't it being dealt with at a local level?

Just another weird occurrence from our unique management team.

Gets them potential press coverage that the fans are to blame.

Means that some people will believe them and that's their aim ...they need to 'dirty' our protests so that they look like the good guys.
    This is exactly the aim of the latest statement. It's the aim of all of them. Katrien, it's not working. Time to go. {...}
  • Options
    I am not on Twitter, but can't some one ask them if the statement is true? Say that KM is known to make untruthful statements, and it just needs confirming. Then surely everybody who subscribes to the MPS will see their message to the supporters.
  • Options
    Whilst I have no politically correct leanings would we be better off just chanting "You Wankers" and leaving the Belgian bit out? After all it's a handy catch all term which conveniently manages to include Tony Cojones and Judas Murray.....
  • Options
    A number of criminal acts in recent games have taken place and the club are working with the MPS to identify offenders
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-mps-metropolitan-police-statement-3031742.aspx#VQKr01M4QkAlPhFC.99

Just look on the pitch every Saturday you squirrel faced, fat a**** pig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if it's possible or affordable to get beach balls with Pinocchio or the CARD logo on them ?

Thousands of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    MrOneLung said:

Read a statement following a meeting between the club and the Metropolitan Police Service at New Scotland Yard

they could have put a please at the start.

Seriously if a meeting actually did take place about beach balls thrown on the pitch would it really have taken place at New fucking scotland yard ? Surely it would be a local level procedure wouldn't it ?

Just seen HI post on more or less same thing ...sorry
  • Options

I join in with all chants except the Belgian wankers one.

Just doesn't sit right. Expressed this to megaphone man, too. Felt that it fell on deaf ears.

It's not needed...and sounds a bit Britain First/BNP/UKIP... All of which, remember, will have proponents on here. Don't let such extreme xenophobia hijack what is an otherwise entirely sound basis of our complaints.

Don't let them use it against us

Totally agree.
  • Options

I wonder if it's possible or affordable to get beach balls with Pinocchio or the CARD logo on them ?

Thousands of them.

Possible but expensive, Beds.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Read a statement following a meeting between the club and the Metropolitan Police Service at New Scotland Yard

they could have put a please at the start.

Seriously if a meeting actually did take place about beach balls thrown on the pitch would it really have taken place at New fucking scotland yard ? Surely it would be a local level procedure wouldn't it ?
    Stop bringing logic into this.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Could it be argued that chanting "You Belgia n m wankers" is racist? If so...

• Options
    I cannot believe that the MPS is at all interested in this tosh. Surely our taxes pay for much more important areas of law to be upheld. At a time of serious threat to all European nations they sit down over tea to discuss CAFC supporters behaving in a unique orderly fashion. Geeze you couldn't make this up. I feel so deflated by the way our beach ball protest has been raised above our national security status. You gotta worry about the MPS priorities this day and age. As for RD KM RM etc you are the people ruining our great club leave now grow some balls ( not the beach type) time to take a long hike off a short pier.
  • Options
    As if the Brum game wasn't going to be toxic enough, they come up with this BS. Meetings like the suggested one are only held at local level. ie the Borough Commander of Greenwich. Like everything that comes out of the mouths of this regime. Total BS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They called NSY and said "illegal, threatening, Belgium, hostile, black and white spheres, urgent, help at the valley SE7"

The Met anti terror squad responded within 5 mins of the call!

They felt obliged to listen as they were there anyway!
  • Options

Whilst the meeting (if one actually occurred and wasn't just a skype chat with the local football liaison officer?) and the statement are ridiculous, suggesting that nothing like that should happen because there is a terrorism threat is also ridiculous.

The club just can't help but make themselves look and sound pathetic. They just don't get "it" and have clearly adopted a dictatorial siege mentality to try and supress people into submission as preferable to admitting they're getting things wrong and working together and changing. Or maybe they are just so bad they're incapable of changing things and know it.
  • Options
    Expect some doors to go in soon ;)image
  • Options

A number of criminal acts in recent games have taken place and the club are working with the MPS to identify offenders
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-mps-metropolitan-police-statement-3031742.aspx#VQKr01M4QkAlPhFC.99

Just look on the pitch every Saturday you squirrel faced, fat a**** pig.

I wonder if the club could list the criminal acts and arrests of home fans over the season. Prove it.