Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATEMENT: From CAFC and the Met Police

Comments

• Options

Let me advise anyone that the throwing of ANYTHING onto the pitch is unlawful and will result in you being ejected from the ground. This of course includes the match ball if it happens to be hoofed into the stands!!! Leave it well alone and wait for Testicles Tony to retrieve it.

Gotta happen! If no one returns them and they dissappear to rear of stands they might just run out of match balls? Great idea from the club! :-)
  • Options
    Two references to New Scotland Yard in the first two paragraphs - imagine that is a deliberate attempt by someone to emphasise just how serious it all is.

Wonder which of the Met and CAFC really wanted to mention the location.
    My guess is that it will have been the visitors rather than the hosts.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You're right. Maybe the club has provided a great idea. If the balls are burst or simply kept, they are no use to anybody. Fans could be directed to pass them up to North Upper!
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

Let me advise anyone that the throwing of ANYTHING onto the pitch is unlawful and will result in you being ejected from the ground. This of course includes the match ball if it happens to be hoofed into the stands!!! Leave it well alone and wait for Testicles Tony to retrieve it.

Gotta happen! If no one returns them and they dissappear to rear of stands they might just run out of match balls? Great idea from the club! :-)
    Just don't try to take them have home, the club will have you arrested for theft.
  • Options
    Right ok ! Who fecking threw this ! Fess up now, or it will be the 5am knock up for you.
  • Options
    No mention of concealing an identity or impersonation by wearing Katriens face as a mask?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I would like to look the Met Police rep in the eye and ask him if a hundred fans throw a beach ball on the pitch, will they all be arrested. If the answer is yes, I would suggest they might be better employed doing what tax payers pay them for. I would also demand consistency, so every fan throwing a balloon or beach ball into any pitch in future should also be arrested!

Maybe somebody could draft an e-mail - and we get as many of us as possible to send it to them! If they want to take sides and get involved, maybe we should involve them!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Muddying the waters. Only to be expected from this bunch of no-hopers.

Katrien, Tony we can see through you! You are losing the battle and well you know it.

• Options
    We can't let this pass - they have crossed a line here.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Did the BBC not bother to contact CARD for a statement?

(edit: I reckon the Press Association have just slapped out a lazy story and the BBC have picked it up and not checked it out themselves - I'd certainly be calling Scotland Yard as it's unusual for the Met to release joint statements with football clubs).
  • Options
    Where exactly have the MPS issued this warning? I can only see a statement on the CAFC OS.

• Options

Where exactly have the MPS issued this warning? I can only see a statement on the CAFC OS.

If you read it, it does actually say that it is a joint statement.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

If you read it, it does actually say that it is a 'joint' statement.
    As in smoking one ?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    We do need to clarify the Police position on this - I don't object to the comments about flares or pitch invasions - there are public safety implications. But peaceful imaginative protest is not their problem, it is the club's! my experience of the police is they don't tend to involve themself when it isn't their problem, when it comes to the public who pay their wages!!!!! So why should they involve themselves in this dispute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Why Scotland yard?

Why are they interested in this at all?

Why isn't it being dealt with at a local level?

Just another weird unique occurrence from our unique weird management team.

• Options
    If this keeps up they'll be renaming the lower west the Tram Shed...
  • Options

Why Scotland yard?

Why are they interested in this at all?

Why isn't it being dealt with at a local level?

Just another weird occurrence from our unique management team.

In days gone by you would expect that this was being done down at Greenwich police station.
  • Options
    I wonder if this is in anyway related to the FA investigation into our naughty behaviour?

Could part of the verdict have been to show that they're working with the police to prevent a repeat of it, and this is Pinocchio and No-Cajones typically heavy handed way of responding?
  • Options
    A

TelMc32 said:

If you read it, it does actually say that it is a joint statement.
    Reads like a police statement not a club statement

It's in English for a start
    PWR much.

This. It's a Police statement. It's intended to deter behavior, and it's always going to be strong worded in an attempt to do just this. I am very jaded toward the police as a result of living through 30 years of American policing, but this is what I'd expect, a heavy handed statement. As long as the heavy handedness remains in word form. I feel the same way about this as I did about the club statement they put out a couple Sundays ago after the Boro match. It's something they kind of have to do.

@MuttleyCAFC I take your point about inventive protesting, but it's illegal. I do not believe a distinction is made in the letter of the law between a beach ball, a coin, a bottle, or a shoe (side note, have we thought about throwing shoes?).