Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Holland

Comments

• Options
    Get up Phil, shoulder to shoulder
  • Options
    Bent ref
  • Options
    How is that not a foul. Fucking hell refs don't do themselves any favours.
  • Options
    Think Jagielka went over softly to be honest. You'd be annoyed if you were Dutch and that was chalked off.
  • Options

Think Jagielka went over softly to be honest. You'd be annoyed if you were Dutch and that was chalked off.

If it was shoulder to shoulder then yes. But it was from behind.
  • Options
    This really ain't Drinkwaters football, Raineri insists on his players knocking long crossfield balls to wingers, you can see he wants to do it but nobody there, all a bit to pedestrian tonight,Dele Alli brings so much energy to the team.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2016
    The referee needs to be consistent. He has given a succession of soft free kicks against England. With all the soft free kicks that he has given for any near physical contact, he has to give the foul against the Dutch player in the build up. Not impressed with this referee. England don't deserve to be behind in this game.

England's attack has some pace but if they are going to get anywhere then they have to cut out the mistakes in defence. Quality teams will punish those. Happier watching an attacking England team with some defence frailty then one that is defensive extremely solid but doesn't look like scoring going forward.
  • Options

Bent ref

How the mighty have fallen, one minute you're banging in goals for Charlton in the premiership next minute you're refereeing friendly s at Wembley
    Marcus bent never banged goals in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went for dinner with Mrs SB so have only seen the last 20 mins or so. The only thing I can say with any certainty - and I can be absolutely certain about this - is that Clive tyldesley is a knobhead of the highest order. Weapons grade irritating. Watching with the volume off.
  • Options
    When Stones is class, then he should play. Not saying he wont be, but makes too many mistakes at the moment for me.
  • Options
    That crowd is awful.
  • Options
    Normal service resumes...........win the Euros............nah.
  • Options
    Hodgson will learn a fair bit from that - not a problem. Milner or Alli mmmmmmm, Cahill and Smalling no1 pairing etc...
  • Options
    Played a second string team and lost, not too bothered. Shows the likes of Milner are way too slow for how we need to play though and sort of backs up the Rooney dropped argument.
  • Options

Kane only been on 2mins and already making a huge difference. Him and Vardy together got to be the option #ditchrooney

Kane was shite, Walcott was shite, Alli came on 10 minutes too late, Milner shouldn't be taking corners.

Rose and Stones unlucky, dreadful refereeing on that Jansen vs Jags foul.
  • Options
    Unlucky with the 2nd goal as it was a foul and the first was a silly mistake.

Better to get them now than in France...
  • Options

When Stones is class, then he should play. Not saying he wont be, but makes too many mistakes at the moment for me.

I agree. Cahill and Smalling should (and will start), even wuth Cahill not in the best form.

But Stones should go - we're light at centre back and he's in the best 4 with those two and Jagielka. Who else is there?
  • Options
    Drinkwater was good, Vardy was good, Barkley decent, Lallana not bad.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Played a second string team and lost, not too bothered. Shows the likes of Milner are way too slow for how we need to play though and sort of backs up the Rooney dropped argument.

Exactly. Good night for the likes of Welbeck, Kane, Alli, Cahill....

And Drinkwater and Vardy to be fair.
  • Options

Got no issue with Stones making these mistakes... the Chelsea transfer has probably hindered him and I'll always prefer a Defender bringing the ball out of Defence rather than hoofing it.

Christ Bobby Moore wouldnt have a career in the modern day!!

Bobby Moore could defend. Stones has been bad all year.
    John Stones is 21-years old and has just seven England caps.

He can defend too yet in the eyes of everyone one bad season means he should be condemned and never seen again.

This is the ultimate achilles problem for England, every major we go to one player is always picked as a scapegoat!!
    Yes, so play him in 4 or 8 years time. He's not good enough to start this tournament, so the calls for him to start for England because he's a 'ball-playing centre back' should stop.
  • Options
    I would take him for the experience, but as 4th choice!
  • Options
    Why Stones isn't put into CDM like Dier has been I have no idea. He can clearly pick a pass, and evidently has the defensive prowess. But when he does silly things the defence is their to offer an out-ball.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Got no issue with Stones making these mistakes... the Chelsea transfer has probably hindered him and I'll always prefer a Defender bringing the ball out of Defence rather than hoofing it.

Christ Bobby Moore wouldnt have a career in the modern day!!

Bobby Moore could defend. Stones has been bad all year.
    John Stones is 21-years old and has just seven England caps.

He can defend too yet in the eyes of everyone one bad season means he should be condemned and never seen again.

This is the ultimate achilles problem for England, every major we go to one player is always picked as a scapegoat!!
    Yes, so play him in 4 or 8 years time. He's not good enough to start this tournament, so the calls for him to start for England because he's a 'ball-playing centre back' should stop.
    Still needs to be in the squad though. He's better than Micah Richards or Callum Chambers.
  • Options

I agree. Cahill and Smalling should (and will start), even wuth Cahill not in the best form.

But Stones should go - we're light at centre back and he's in the best 4 with those two and Jagielka. Who else is there?
    Phil Jones I imagine would be next. Shawcross seems to be the forgotten man, otherwise Scott Dann perhaps?
  • Options

Phil Jones I imagine would be next. Shawcross seems to be the forgotten man, otherwise Scott Dann perhaps?
    Phil Jones makes just as many mistakes and has been out almost all year.

Maybe Dann or Shawcross, but frankly I'd rather have Stones.
  • Options
    I find matches at Wembley to be devoid of atmosphere
  • Options

Phil Jones makes just as many mistakes and has been out almost all year.

Maybe Dann or Shawcross, but frankly I'd rather have Stones.
    I wasn't suggesting Jones instead of Stones, but rather as the next option in case of injury (assuming he's not injured himself). Dann would probably deserve it more.
  • Options
    Wes Morgan is having a fine season at Leicester, shame he's already played for Jamaica otherwise he'd have a genuine shout for an Indian Summer with England. Not really ball playing, but as a reliable no-nonsense backup he'd be a good option.

Lets be honest, all thing going well your 4th centre back won't play so you just want someone reliable to step in in an emergency. Their ball playing ability is somewhat secondary to their ability to not fuck up.