Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016

Is there any coverage other than sky? Can only see it on BBC2 on Friday and Sunday?????

Sorry, Saturday and Sunday,

Is there any Thursday and Friday coverage other than sky?
    Yes Friday, BBC TV coverage albeit highlights of day one see schedule here;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/26768244
  • Options
    Brandt Snedeker @ 55/1 E/W
    Martin Kaymer @ 175/1 E/W
    Patrick Reed @ 40/1 E/W
    Bubba Watson @ 12/1 Win

• Options
    First Round Leader. Paddy Power paying on the first seven.
  • Options
    Watson 12-1
    Rose 25-1
    Willet 66-1 e/w
  • Options
    Hey, surely the Open is the best golf tournament in the world?

Especially played on a decent links course.

The Masters is for the nouveaux perfectionist types.
  • Options
    Matsayuma 40/1
    Horschel was too big at 200/1 not to back e/w
  • Options
    Anyone know why the live coverage is so limited?
  • Options
    Yep I fancy Louis Ousthuizen to win again but can see the case for both Scott and Mcllroy hoping Rory does it.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

I believe it is the club themselves that limit the coverage, no idea why though.
  • Options
    Had an absolute blinder betting-wise last year. Just can't call it this time around. Going to wait until after the first round and see how it goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red_murph said:

kentred2 said:

I believe it is the club themselves that limit the coverage, no idea why though.
    "Tradition", snootiness, helps maintain the mystique, etc. Until 2000ish we barely even saw the front 9.

Another fine Masters tradition continues to blossom. John Daly is in the nearby Hooters car park selling merchandise.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2016/04/05/john-daly-selling-merchandise-hooters-photos-parking-lot/
  • Options
    Mr Spieth trying to ensure I get an early night Sunday.
  • Options

I'm stick to back teeth of backing Fowler. Yet I continue to do so....not this time.

Of course I've just been online and backed him e/w and outright.
    Whoops...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I'm stick to back teeth of backing Fowler. Yet I continue to do so....not this time.

Of course I've just been online and backed him e/w and outright.
    Whoops...
    Id have been better off betting on Arthur Fowler
  • Options
    I've gone for Bubba Watson, Rose and Willett E/w. However looking at it, I don't think anybody is going to get close to Spieth and Day on this form!
  • Options
    What a collapse from Day and Watson
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just saw this on the Beeb. Ouch!
  • Options
    That video of Els, is what you see when I go round Barnehurst regularly. 10s all over the gaff
  • Options
    fowler off to a shocker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spieth's to lose, again
  • Options
    Had Day to be first day leader at 12's........was looking pretty good until the 15th.

Useless git!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Even after 10 pints I'd putt better than that.
  • Options
    Poulter you are a c**t, Speith will win by a stroll
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

That video of Els, is what you see when I go round Barnehurst regularly. 10s all over the gaff

It was only a 9.
  • Options
    I admire the guy in many ways but does anyone else think that Monty is borderline bonkers? Watching him speak is cringeworthy. There must be better folk to put on the telly than him.
  • Options

I admire the guy in many ways but does anyone else think that Monty is borderline bonkers? Watching him speak is cringeworthy. There must be better folk to put on the telly than him.

Always mute the TV when he starts talking.
  • Options
    Looks a real test today.
  • Options
    Not followed today. What was the issue? Wind? Pin placements?
  • Options

Not followed today. What was the issue? Wind? Pin placements?

It looked an absolute nightmare mate.

The greens were two-paced. You could see the ball hitting and spitting on and then sometimes the spin just didn't grab at all. No one had a scooby where they should be landing the ball on the green and if you're a foot out it rolls back to where you started!

The wind also made it 10x harder.

Great to watch though, I love seeing these guys who make it look so easy really have to scrap for it.

I doubt I could have got round in under 150 today!

I can't stand Monty but he came up with a great line when asked why it's so hard and what it would be like for say the average 10 handicapper:

"Well it's quite simple really. You'll three putt half the holes ..... and the other half you'll four putt!"