Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2016

Comments

• Options
    IT'S OVER. WELL DONE DANNY.
  • Options
    All over now.
  • Options
    And well done CAFCsayer and SuedeAdidas.
  • Options
    Stuff playing a Society event with Spieth. Dinner would be cold!
  • Options
    He's done it, well done Danny boy!
  • Options
    Good stuff;!
  • Options
    Well done Danny!

Poor Speith will have to give Danny his green jacket
  • Options
    All the way from Sheffield, he's the winner and his name is Danny willets. Made up for him.
  • Options

Well done Danny!

Poor Speith will have to give Danny his green jacket

Ouch!!
  • Options
    Brilliant! How much has Spieth made laying himself off on Betfair!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wow. Did not see that coming when Spieth was five clear.
  • Options
    Great to see so many English players on the first page of the leaderboard.
  • Options
    The old "nappy factor" strikes again. And as Dad is a parish priest he has God on his side too. Poor Spieth never stood a chance against that lot.

Well done Danny.
  • Options
    Seems a nice bloke too.
  • Options
    Excellent quite on BBC.

Spieth trudging up the 18th like a man towing a 'fridge. About 200 yards further on, Danny Willett is about to start emptying one.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that!!
  • Options
    What a top 5 for the English players on a US course.

Screw y'all
  • Options
    5 English players in the Top 10 is really impressive
  • Options
    Speith having to present the green jacket to Willett must be like getting Ben Stokes to present the T20 WC trophy to the West Indies!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wow Spieth... I turned it off when he was -7 and thought it was all sewn up.

Same here. 5-shot lead, won it before - figured he couldn't screw it up from there...

• Options
    Or David Campase awarding team of the year to Clive Woodward!
    Who would have presented the jacket to Spieth if he'd have won?
  • Options

Well happy, I got Willett first, Westwood second, Speith Third, Dustin Johnson as well...get in!!

Is that worth a few quid then despite being only very nearly right?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I've got to say I'm pleased Speith didn't win. Watching that front nine was really frustrating as a neutral because he kept messing up his shots off the tee but they'd somehow manage to bounce into a reasonable position I just kept thinking he's got away with it. Granted, his putting was good but his score was better than his golf. I think his bad outcomes on the 12th balanced his good luck on the front nine.
  • Options
    I loved Allis's quote as Speith was about to T off on the 18th.

"A tricky shot here for Speith as he attempts to tie the contest"
  • Options

And well done CAFCsayer and SuedeAdidas.

Thank you Sir!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    First year I've not seen the Masters and thought Speith was nailed on so you can imagine my shock this morning when I saw that he'd lost out, especially to an Englishman from Sheffield, thats just massive yet no surprise as he was always bound to become good!!
  • Options
    Brilliant round from Willet, amazing stuff.

Credit to Speith though for the way he faced the press straightaway and the way he handled giving the jacket over. Seems like a genuinely good bloke.
  • Options

First year I've not seen the Masters and thought Speith was nailed on so you can imagine my shock this morning when I saw that he'd lost out, especially to an Englishman from Sheffield, thats just massive yet no surprise as he was always bound to become good!!

Good point, do we know who he supports?