Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Englands Euro 2016 squad and chances.

167891012»

Comments

• Options

Id probably even go as far as saying Junior Stanislas would deserve to be in the England Squad over Lingard, if he wasn't injured since end of Jan. 4 goals & 6 assists in the Prem this season. But he plays for Bournemouth so he's got no chance.

Dunno if that is totally fair on Southgate - Burnley, WBA and Sunderland players in this squad.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Id probably even go as far as saying Junior Stanislas would deserve to be in the England Squad over Lingard, if he wasn't injured since end of Jan. 4 goals & 6 assists in the Prem this season. But he plays for Bournemouth so he's got no chance.

Dunno if that is totally fair on Southgate - Burnley, WBA and Sunderland players in this squad.
    Could be argued in positions that he's not got much other choice. Defoe can hardly have taken much consideration either.
  • Options
    I think we'll definitely win it.
  • Options
    Blimey that squad is poor.

Can't say I watch Hull week in week out but Livemore suprised me. Typing this just remembered he now plays for West Brom, I guess that makes a bit more sense they have been playing well, don't watch them much either so still surprised me.

Lingard is a myth, I mean I would question why he's in the squad but it's pretty obvious it's because he plays for United. If he was at say Stoke he wouldn't get a look in. Joke really.

Going out to Germany, be great to see the former Charlton legend that is Defoe score!

• Options

Going out to Germany, be great to see the former Charlton legend that is Defoe score!

Remember not to booo ;)
  • Options

One of the poorest England squads i've ever seen, although we'll obviously beat Lithuania.

Then you look at the French squad announced today and they've got the likes of Kante, Griezmann, Pogba, Dembele, plus Mbappe and 3 of his Monaco team mates all aged 25 or under.

The French team and the players they've even left out shows how far behind we are as a nation. It's scary the strength in depth the French have as well as other nations in comparison to us. Whereas, we are without Kane, Rose, Henderson and Rooney for example and it's suddenly a really weak looking squad.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ah but don't forget the "Premier league in the best in the world" and that is what matters to Sky etc.

Even last night they were saying on 5live Man City only lost to Monaco because the latter have easier matches so don't need to work as hard.

It seems when England are knocked out of a major tournament the press go mad for a week or so but its soon back to talking about which world star will be signed by the big boys and the battle for the top etc.
  • Options

Remember not to booo ;)
    Lol, of course not.

Defoe had been and gone before my time.

Always liked him as a striker and comes across quite well. Honest in interviews and doesn't spout the post match dribble 'all thats important was getting the 3 points' etc.
  • Options
    I think we need a new England thread. Seeing 'Euro 2016' on the title page is bringing all those horrible memories back, the ones involving a high street supermarket.
  • Options

I think we need a new England thread. Seeing 'Euro 2016' on the title page is bringing all those horrible memories back, the ones involving a high street supermarket.

I've never liked Tesco either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really surprised Livermore is in the squad, seeing that's he's not been a regular since joining WBA

The player who's fallen down the same hole as so many others is Delph, a regular 2 years agi
  • Options

Could be argued in positions that he's not got much other choice. Defoe can hardly have taken much consideration either.
    Could be argued that goes for every position in the squad.
  • Options
    That midfield with that back four needs BOTH Dier and Drinkwater playing. God our options going forward apart from Alli and in a couple of years, Rashford, pretty shit! Tom Davies should be in there ahead of Jake Livermore!
  • Options
    Just have a feeling we can do it this time.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

That midfield with that back four needs BOTH Dier and Drinkwater playing. God our options going forward apart from Alli and in a couple of years, Rashford, pretty shit! Tom Davies should be in there ahead of Jake Livermore!

Im honestly surprised that Lookman failed to make the U21s and is behind the likes of Woodrow and Swift. Guess that could be because of preparartions for the U20 World Cup though.
  • Options
    Walcott, Welbeck and Carroll were all left out due to "match fitness" concerns for at least two of them, but all 3 could have been called up.

Sturridge is of course injured as well
  • Options

Really surprised Livermore is in the squad, seeing that's he's not been a regular since joining WBA

The player who's fallen down the same hole as so many others is Delph, a regular 2 years agi

To be fair, the biggest problem Delph has had the last two years, as has been the case throughout his entire career, is injuries.
  • Options
    I think a fit Carroll should be in the squad
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I think a fit Carroll should be in the squad

There's no such thing so it's a moot point.