Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley (H) May 2016 Protest/Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    At least I won some money on 3 nil.

Quite sad reflecting on the past few home games and today. Netting for the home fans. Roland has got this horribly wrong.

I've always maintains that when Roland sells it will be out of nowhere. When he realizes the nature and lack of revenue in L1 he'll be on the phone to Varney I hope.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Fucking joke these stewards are.

I wish there was a way of banning every Burnley fan on the pitch from any game next season, mugs

Totally agree!!!!!! Those burnnley supporters running around pitch with anti Roland posters sacrificing their moment of glory to fight our corner should not only be banned from every ground in the country but also shot in the street.

I was critical of them before today on another post but think that the support from them at full time was brilliant. It's ok though Roland. Only 2% ran onto the pitch and joined in
    Couldn't give a toss if they had Roland out banners or not, sitting in the home end and jumping up when Burnley score, and then threatening a woman in her mid 50's because she calls you out about it, then when they get removed by stewards, they suddenly pop up at the bottom of the JS stand giving us all wanker signs. Then to cap it off going on someone else's pitch at full time, breaking hoardings along the way and continue to lord it up in front of us. No class whatsoever from the northern twunts
    Sound about like Carlisle away a few years back when we ran onto their pitch
  • Options
    WSS said:

CAFCdamo said:

CAFCdamo said:

CAFCdamo said:

How has KM still got a job? Complete and utter failure like this would not be accepted anywhere else. Horrible feeling of anger , sadness and powerlessness. Respect to CARD for all they've done this season, but today was well below par.

Very difficult for them with the Club in full security paranoia mode.

And it doesn't sit well with me for anyone on here (who by definition isn't at the game) to criticise the protests.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Spain for work so couldn't be there today. I don't believe CARD are above criticism and I even praised what they have done so far, but that goes to show what they can organise. I appreciate that paranoia by the club was abundant today but have not seen anything to suggest that anything was even attempted.
    @cafcdamo complete and utter bollocks
    I am honestly not having a go at CARD and have volunteered and helped out with their efforts on the occasions that I have been back in the UK this season. Instead of having a go it might have been better to refute my claims with some evidence. I appreciate that the sit in protest was announced by CARD but from what I have seen the protests were nowhere near the scale of the Boro or Birmingham games.
    From what I've been told, it was highly likely that any attempt of mass distribution of "projectiles" would have been intercepted and confiscated by the police.

Clever not to waste money on this and achieve disruption in a peaceful and jovial manner in the car park.

Think it was odds on that things got taken into people's own hands today and so it proved. Yet, none of that can be attributed to CARD and they STILL have the moral high ground.
    good point about the distribution of projectiles. It would have been a waste of money, the searches were very thorough.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Meanwhile in his office, Roland be like...

#RolandOut #RolandDictatorship #RolandToysRUs #WeWantOurCharltonBack #TimeToGoimage
  • Options
    WSS said:

CAFCdamo said:

CAFCdamo said:

CAFCdamo said:

How has KM still got a job? Complete and utter failure like this would not be accepted anywhere else. Horrible feeling of anger , sadness and powerlessness. Respect to CARD for all they've done this season, but today was well below par.

Very difficult for them with the Club in full security paranoia mode.

And it doesn't sit well with me for anyone on here (who by definition isn't at the game) to criticise the protests.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Spain for work so couldn't be there today. I don't believe CARD are above criticism and I even praised what they have done so far, but that goes to show what they can organise. I appreciate that paranoia by the club was abundant today but have not seen anything to suggest that anything was even attempted.
    @cafcdamo complete and utter bollocks
    I am honestly not having a go at CARD and have volunteered and helped out with their efforts on the occasions that I have been back in the UK this season. Instead of having a go it might have been better to refute my claims with some evidence. I appreciate that the sit in protest was announced by CARD but from what I have seen the protests were nowhere near the scale of the Boro or Birmingham games.
    From what I've been told, it was highly likely that any attempt of mass distribution of "projectiles" would have been intercepted and confiscated by the police.

Clever not to waste money on this and achieve disruption in a peaceful and jovial manner in the car park.

Think it was odds on that things got taken into people's own hands today and so it proved. Yet, none of that can be attributed to CARD and they STILL have the moral high ground.
    Fair enough, thanks for the reasoned response. I think it says something about what a great job CARD have done this season that I was disappointed with having a slightly smaller than normal, but still huge, protest today. Look forward to seeing what they have planned for the summer and next season as my time in Spain comes to an end in June and I want to take part more often as what I saw at the Birmingham and Boro games was a great community working together to fight for our club. Sometimes I feel that there is an us vs you position taken by some if you even dare mention a criticism of, like was aimed at me further up the thread that I feel could turn people against the CARD cause, so maybe lets chill out a bit we're all brothers and sisters in arms in this fight against Roland the Rat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the match:

As Sven would say: "First half good, second half not so good."

I've now seen streams of 'Boro, Brighton, and Burnley at The Valley. Of the three, Burnley look by far the best team, and yet were all three to go up I'd put my money on them going straight back down. They play effective football, but it's not pretty and they won't get the space in behind of the 1v1 match-ups in the Premier League that they've gotten in the Championship.

As for us, thought we were very good, very coherent in the first half. Looked like a nailed on penalty against Lookman. Overall, we switched off three times at the back and conceded three goals. Burnley weren't brilliant but they were ruthless. Kashi in part due to lack of fitness but in part because Burnley are so direct was rendered somewhat useless defensively, though in possession he was exactly what you want a holding midfielder to be, always there as an outlet for his defenders and always a way to keep possession when the ball was further forward. Didn't give it away much and is wonderfully two footed.

Were we to keep our team intact they'd walk League One. There were a lot of skillful players on show today, and with a bit of fitness and more work together, we'd have stayed up, or we could go straight back up. Oh what could have been.

Lastly, huge credit to Johann who I thought was brilliant in the first half and clearly didn't want to come off. I suspect it will be a long time before we see someone of his quality in a Charlton shirt again. Will be rooting for Iceland at the Euros in part because of him, in part because of Iceland's ability to produce so many good footballers desite their size, and in part because of their ability to produce incredible bands and musicians (Sigur Ros, Kiasmos, Olafur Arnolds, Agent Fresco, Of Monsters and Men to name but a few) despite their size.

As for the protests, or lack thereof, it seemed pretty clear following Twitter in the build-up and looking at the ridiculous number of police in front of the covered end that protests we going to be incredibly hard. I think the sit in was a good idea. Of course the best was saved for last with the destruction of the sofa.
  • Options
    Not sure about anyone else my little girl has now got enough to stuff her Charlton teddy pmsl
  • Options
    So, from what I could see, no added time was played meaning that the 90 minutes wasn't completed. How was this allowed ?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

At my work we have a contract with Show and Event security the same guys who were the additional stewards today well not for much longer. Not best pleased after what I saw today from them and I shall lodging complaints with their senior management.

Good man
  • Options
    brilliant, even got in one of them pics
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Boysie said:

So, from what I could see, no added time was played meaning that the 90 minutes wasn't completed. How was this allowed ?

Mercy killing.
  • Options
    Made me have a chuckle today when a pair of trainers were chucked out of the North in the second half. Bet Nick Pope thought he'd seen it all until those rascals arrived from above.
  • Options
    I particularly enjoyed the antics of the vastly overweight blue top steward who was happy to throw his considerable weight around. Get yourself a proper job....
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:

Made me have a chuckle today when a pair of trainers were chucked out of the North in the second half. Bet Nick Pope thought he'd seen it all until those rascals arrived from above.

i saw some flips flops get chucked from the East. Burnley player was most surprised when they landed near him.
  • Options

Interesting. In my opinion Burnleys good financial management means that they have a surplus of around 50 million to add to their 170 million Premiership TV rights. They have a solid team. 100 million of sensible additions could keep them up this time. I have nothing but admiration for how this team from a medium sized town ripped apart by the recession and destruction of industry has set about their task of giving the people of Burnley something to be proud of and something to unite them.

I should add that I'm thinking on the teams they currently have, but also, given what they did last time, I'm not convinced Burnley will spend big on players. Definitely credit to them for not breaking the bank and for running the club in a sustainable, responsible way. I just think that Dyche has his style of playing and a core set of players who know that and that if there are additions they'll be two or three and British based. Not necessarily a knock on how well run the club is overall.
  • Options
    Did I see one of the normal stewards get absolutely whacked in the east stand? Looked like he could barely stand up holding his face walking away?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Interesting. In my opinion Burnleys good financial management means that they have a surplus of around 50 million to add to their 170 million Premiership TV rights. They have a solid team. 100 million of sensible additions could keep them up this time. I have nothing but admiration for how this team from a medium sized town ripped apart by the recession and destruction of industry has set about their task of giving the people of Burnley something to be proud of and something to unite them.

I should add that I'm thinking on the teams they currently have, but also, given what they did last time, I'm not convinced Burnley will spend big on players. Definitely credit to them for not breaking the bank and for running the club in a sustainable, responsible way. I just think that Dyche has his style of playing and a core set of players who know that and that if there are additions they'll be two or three and British based. Not necessarily a knock on how well run the club is overall.
    No...I understand that. I suspect there will be more investment this year because this squad has been built over the last few years, is better and because there is a lot more money available, as a result of not selling the farm last time round.