Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley (H) May 2016 Protest/Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-ever, then trips over himself.

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.
    It has taken has four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: We have failed you.

He is damn right.

I think you're being incredible harsh. To say Harriott fluffed his lines is ridiculous, Heaton made an absolutely brilliant save. Lookman at times lacks a final product/decision making but he's 18 and he should have won a penalty early on. I agree that Igor struggled, but to compare him, or any of them, to Churchy...

Gonna hope the drink is speaking a bit on this one.
    @SDAddick. Meet Mr. @Viewfinder. You'll get him after a while. He's a pain in the arse with verbal diarrhea, thinks he can write but actually writes bollox to get a reaction.
    Hi Viewfinder, a pleasure! As a man known for incoherent ramblings (though not ones designed for attention necessarily), I can certainly relate :).

@Rob good point well made. His second post really drove that home.
  • Options
    Sad day yesterday. Like many it will be my last home game until this lot go.

At a guess I would say only 3 or 4 of yesterday's starting 11 will be with the club next year and who knows what more damage will be done by a summer of RD/KM's decision making.

Good luck to those who've renewed. I wish you hadn't but understand why you have.

Fingers crossed that takeover talks are progressing.
  • Options

Blinkant said:

Any pictures of the sofa?

I love Football and Charlton.

But did the ducks have to be slaughtered.

You crossed the Line.

Pluck off.
  • Options
    If KM and RM left at half time, as people have said, who stayed to be the official face of CAFC after the game to the Burnley board? Disgraceful!
  • Options

If KM and RM left at half time, as people have said, who stayed to be the official face of CAFC after the game to the Burnley board? Disgraceful!

Chris Parkes
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Chris Parkes
    And his wife Sue!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.

I was born in a pebble-dashed semi in Stood, but I can't work out whether to be flattered or offended by your comment.
    Depends on if it was a bungalow or house.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-over, then trips over himself.

It has taken four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: "We have failed you".

He is damn right.

You are always harking on about the past. The trouble with that is you won't be able enjoy the good times when they eventually happen because no one will be able to reach the heights that former players reached.
    The problem with Lookman is we won't see how he turns out because this child, as you put it, is being scouted by the biggest clubs in England.
    Ben Hamer was pretty good at getting the ball out quickly. And at times Pope got the ball out quick too.
  • Options
    Didn't think there was anything flash about you Seth. :-)
  • Options
    Exactly vff ...no coming back from this.
  • Options

Uboat said:

I was born in a pebble-dashed semi in Stood, but I can't work out whether to be flattered or offended by your comment.
    Depends on if it was a bungalow or house.

Or toilet

• Options

Parkes and Cheesewright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Uboat said:

I was born in a pebble-dashed semi in Stood.
    Luxury.

I was born in a cross fire hurricane myself.

And I was born under a wanderin' star.

• Options
    I was born free.....
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I was from my mothers womb untimely ripp'd .
  • Options
    Murray has no say and no mandate. His mask slipped a long time ago. I would so love Peter Varney, not Luke, to come back and dismiss Murray as his first act.
  • Options
    I've not been born yet, I am travelling back through time.