Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley (H) May 2016 Protest/Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options

The senior management talk about learning from mistakes and working hard to get the club back on track but there's no evidence of this. In fact everything they do deepens the rift between supporters and the club and increases the level of opposition.

The netting, brainless body searches of OAPs and one-sided heavy handed stewarding yesterday tell us that they have learnt jack and are not working to get us back to any level of normality. They either don't want to or don't know how to.

Now I won't be renewing my season ticket but I will be going to a number of away matches and going to the occasional home match, particularly where protest events are planned. And I'll be moving from the Upper West to parts of The Valley where I can get more involved.

I suspect there are many like me that won't be renewing but want to support the protests. The matches remain our best opportunity for visible protest.

The challenge for CARD and something for many of us to ponder is how we adapt our tactics for the next phase. Yesterday convinced me that we can keep the protests going despite the falling attendances and that Charlton Athletic is a cause worth fighting for.

It is worth thinking about for Charlton season ticket holders that buying a game by game ticket is a lot easier with the cinema style booking on the website. There will be lots of space and unless very attached to your particular seat, holding off the season ticket purchase to make your point to Duchatelet is worth considering. If you want to pick your games, it seems a lot easier, pick your seat and print off your ticket, no messing around with waiting for tickets to be posted or picked up.

I am not renewing either (unless Duchatelet sells up). Looking forward to attending a few away games & a few designated protest home games. Lots of opportunities to embarrass and shame Duchatelet before the season starts. Its just matter of time, & if not when before Duchatelet sells up.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Whoever was the enemy of who yesterday, it certainly wasn't Charlton Supporters/Hooligans verses Burnley Supporters/Hooligans.

The mood music throughout my lifetime has nearly always been about rival sets of hooligan fans going at each other, and there has been some justification in that.

However what the establishment and media have to be dragged kicking and screaming towards, is the notion that no, not all football fans are hyped for trouble. It is a minority, a tiny minority at that, if the inquest into Hillsborough said anything it is not to assume fans are troublemakers.

So yesterday we still had those old assumptions writ large. We, you and me and everybody we see around us at matches, are seen as the enemy, we are the enemy in the eyes of the idiots that are supposed to keep us safe and happy, and then to tell the truth about us.

'Expect trouble' those security people are told, 'Trust no one', 'You are the goodies, they are the baddies'.

It is to their overwhelming credit that the last people Charlton supporters wanted to have a go at, and the last people the Burnley supporters wanted to have a go at, was each-other. Thousands of fans of both sides completely get that in an instant.

However when managing situations it is not thousands of people who make the call is it? There are pinch point individuals like match commanders, private security bosses, and people at the club like Tony Keohane. football authority observers and advisors, if those people are not clear sighted or clear headed we have had it.

My contention is that those individuals, due to either ignorance, prejudice, personal agenda's or money considerations often can't see the wood from the trees. For many of those individuals common sense is uncommon sense. I think there are exceptions, people who are prepared to make the effort to understand and deal with things well, as all involved with CARD have done every step of the way, some regime representatives have not got the credit they probably deserve to keep things as well managed as they can in these circumstances.

But

Police and security on riot setting, netting, Am fucking nesty bins, and search dogs all scream of ignorance and overkill.

Yes regime, you will continue to have to deal with problems we will continue to cause, and your reaction certainly yesterday has been disproportionate.
    Do you lot on the regime really want this to continue? The options you are choosing are making things worse, are you so stupid you can't see that?

Good post. The main mass of supporters only turned their attention away from facing the directors box when the police line reformed in front of the goal, first to face the emptying north stand and then to face the crowd on the pitch. When the crowd noticed the police line and turned to face them, the the crowd attention was drawn to the sofa, which got partially obliterated. The police & stewards tried to control events but completely lost the plot on a number of occassions as events overrun them. The club yet again failing to see the wood for the trees & missing the point entirely.

It is to Charlton & Burnley supporters credit that the show of unity between Burnley celebration & Charlton despair / anger turned ok. No thanks to the blue bibbed stewards, police or the club in general.
  • Options
    The comments are well made and should demonstrate to the regime that they are " fighting" dedicated, able, decent people.
    Yes it's wrong and shows the mind set of the club that 60/70 years old are searched going into the ground.
    The actions of the fans, protests outside and inside the ground are because the situation is that "we" are now angry.
    RD and KM etc are not competent to run the club.
    Unfortunately the situation has reached total confrontation. KM is of limited ability but has an excess of arragance. RD also demonstrates he has no concern for Charlton. If he had any intention of putting things right KM would have been moved on before now.
    Jose Riga has gone as far as he dare by saying he is leaving because of the " structure of the club".
    If RD believes that he carries on as he is and hopes next season the club are top half of League 1, then he is MAD.
  • Options

I agree with this, was planning on doing exactly this, moving around and finding our spot for season ticket renewal once the senile one moves on.

Have been slightly knocked about today by the ex missus saying that, in the absence of me buying Charlton season tickets, she's going to take the boy to West Ham when she can next season.

We will see about that.

Fuck that Neil, sign over the bloody house instead..... :wink:
  • Options
    Thanks Davo55, that's already happened :(
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well a large chunk of it anyway
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Missed It said:

Has Katrien lost weight? I can't imagine all the grief she is getting is doing her health any favours. She should jack it in for her own well-being if nothing else. It's only a job. Why live this miserable life as Roland's flak-magnet? Have some self respect!

Someone should tell her dad.
    We did.
  • Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-ever, then trips over himself.

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.
    It has taken has four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: We have failed you.

He is damn right.

I think you're being incredible harsh. To say Harriott fluffed his lines is ridiculous, Heaton made an absolutely brilliant save. Lookman at times lacks a final product/decision making but he's 18 and he should have won a penalty early on. I agree that Igor struggled, but to compare him, or any of them, to Churchy...

Gonna hope the drink is speaking a bit on this one.
    @SDAddick. Meet Mr. @Viewfinder. You'll get him after a while. He's a pain in the arse with verbal diarrhea, thinks he can write but actually writes bollox to get a reaction.
    Sounds like he'd get on well with SD's Dad.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Missed It said:

Has Katrien lost weight? I can't imagine all the grief she is getting is doing her health any favours. She should jack it in for her own well-being if nothing else. It's only a job. Why live this miserable life as Roland's flak-magnet? Have some self respect!

Someone should tell her dad.
    We did.
    Again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

We played quickly in the first half: bright and probing. Good moves - until Lookman misplaced the simplest of passes, and Harriott muffed the one-on-one with the keeper.

Our strikers are comical; who needs Nogoals? Vetokele is free, ball at feet - and it skids under his boot. He did the same at The Valley two years ago against Millwall, and it was comical again today.

I like Simon Church: he sprints at the defender, makes a block. It has taken our 'strikers' two seasons to understand. They are hopeless and funny, sauntering without intent. Calamity Harriott does a double step-ever, then trips over himself.

Lookman is a child, stumbling over a beach-ball, a toddler crashing in to the plastic furniture in a the back garden of a pebble-dashed semi in Strood.
    It has taken has four years for our keeper to release the ball: quickly, kick low and accurate, set the strikers free. Elliot did it accurately - it helps.

After the debacle at Bolton a few weeks ago, Jackson said: "It's all our fault." He said: We have failed you.

He is damn right.

I think you're being incredible harsh. To say Harriott fluffed his lines is ridiculous, Heaton made an absolutely brilliant save. Lookman at times lacks a final product/decision making but he's 18 and he should have won a penalty early on. I agree that Igor struggled, but to compare him, or any of them, to Churchy...

@SDAddick. Meet Mr. @Viewfinder. You'll get him after a while. He's a pain in the arse with verbal diarrhea, thinks he can write but actually writes bollox to get a reaction.
    Not to brag, but my dad has degrees from Harvard and the University of Chicago. That's not to say he doesn't spout random stream of consciousness nonsense, it's just very educated nonsense ;).
  • Options
    Who's that clapping him on the bench?
  • Options
    Motta?
  • Options
    I don't know who that guy is but his runaround was amazing. Well played, highlight of my season.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

Not to brag, but my dad has degrees from Harvard and the University of Chicago. That's not to say he doesn't spout random stream of consciousness nonsense, it's just very educated nonsense ;).
    Nonsense = nonsense. A few years in Uni doesn't equal intelligence, sorry, and verbal diarrhea is not eloquence. Keep it simple is a good rule of thumb.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

Nonsense = nonsense. A few years in Uni doesn't equal intelligence, sorry, and verbal diarrhea is not eloquence. Keep it simple is a good rule of thumb.
    No, but a few years in Uni does equal an education.
  • Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

Does it?

Depends what you did there I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Shook Motta's hand and wished him well and good luck in the future after the game in the car park. Seemed a very nice man being friendly with everyone as he wanted to just get to his car and out.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he enjoyed the protests. Shame he won't be with us next season as he's a good player.

Looking at who I saw come out yesterday, I can't name one who I genuinely believe will be around next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    How has this become a debate about the validity of my dad's education? El Presidente WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE THE PARENTS OUT OF IT?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited May 2016
    Off_it said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

Does it?

Really!! Touched a raw spot has it. :-)
  • Options
    Rob said:

Off_it said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

Does it?

Really!! Touched a raw spot has it. :-)
    Not really.

It's just the inference seemed to be that if you went to university you had "an education " and if you didn't you didn't.

Personally I don't think it's that simple. But maybe hat wasn't what was meant.
  • Options
    Rob said:

SDAddick said:

Rob said:

SDAddick said:

He is damn right.

No, but a few years in Uni does equal an education a huge debt.
    Fixed that for you.

• Options
    In the 2nd half there were 5 mins of delay plus 2 goals and 6 substitutions, yet only 1 minute of added time was played, this is according to the "official" Press Association text commentary
  • Options
    The coin toss was non existent, which side we were attacking each half was already pre determined. There was 0 minutes added time, it was all planned.