Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sri Lanka & Pakistan

Comments

• Options
    Shame, I wanted to watch England bat tomorrow
  • Options

Shame, I wanted to watch England bat tomorrow

Shame, i wanted to watch a game on Sunday.
  • Options
    Watched Jonny Bairstow present a cricket related show last night - he was hugely impressive - certainly has a career waiting for him in media once he has finished playing.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited May 2016
    Agree, he seems at ease. James Taylor has been very impressive in the recent interviews I have seen him in. Hopefully TMS or Sky can crowbar him into to one of their commentary / broadcast teams as well.
  • Options
    I hope SL get used to the conditions (or find Lords more to their liking) as otherwise my Day 4 ticket will be a refund!
  • Options
    SL 27-1 off 6.
    Jimmy gets the obligatory first wicket.
  • Options
    35-2 Jimmy again
  • Options
    I wonder if Jimmy could get another 5 wicket haul?
  • Options
    Off for rain - SL 77-2.
    Vince dropped Mendis in slips off last ball before interruption.
  • Options
    Covers are off, play due to resume at 3.30
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    79-3

Moeen Ali takes a wicket in first over.
  • Options
    With Buttler (and Billings) at the IPL, who is reserve keeper?
  • Options
    Matthews c Bairstow b Broad 5

93-4
  • Options
    93-5

Mendis b Anderson 53
  • Options
    101-6

Shanaka c Bairstow b Anderson 4
  • Options
    All over, Jimmy gets his tenfer.

Not a good advert for Test cricket really, all over in less than 3 days
  • Options
    "The match lasted 162.4 overs, the 13th-shortest of all time in terms of balls bowled."
  • Options
    To be honest, no test team in the world could live with England in those conditions.
  • Options

With Buttler (and Billings) at the IPL, who is reserve keeper?

Foakes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"The match lasted 162.4 overs, the 13th-shortest of all time in terms of balls bowled."

So effectively a 2 day test match and still finishing around an hour before COP if we hadn't had all the delays.
  • Options
    When you consider it - you would have thought that the powers that be would have looked at the schedule and thought....hmm. Sri Lanka, Headingley,early in season, SL without several of their stars...hmmm. this could be a shortened Test,i know, lets start it on a Friday so that it covers Friday, Saturday and Sunday so that we could get the maximum number of people through the door and watching it and maximise our earnings - but no....cricket bosses clearly dont think that way.

No wonder Franchise/City cricket is frowned upon - just run by people with their head in the sand. I despair.
  • Options
    They sell far more hospitality on weekdays though for business types to have a jolly up at their bosses expense
  • Options
    bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36357150

Woakes replaces Stokes who is ruled out.

Such an average decision after the excitement of English cricket over the last 18 months.
  • Options
    Surely we have better than woakes.
  • Options

Such an average decision after the excitement of English cricket over the last 18 months.

They obviously wanted someone whose name rhymes with "Stokes"
  • Options
    For the next test I would assume we will move Bairstow and Ali up one place in the order, I would be tempted to go with Ball, really hope he gets a go.
  • Options
    CHG said:

For the next test I would assume we will move Bairstow and Ali up one place in the order, I would be tempted to go with Ball, really hope he gets a go.

i agree i think we have seen enough of Woakes to know that hes a very good above average county player who doesnt bowl fast enough to be a danger at the highest level ...id go for a new boy

funny though isnt it ...looking at England X1 only cook,root,bairstow,stokes (when fit) broad and anderson can be considered automatic selections
  • Options
    lolwray said:

CHG said:

i agree i think we have seen enough of Woakes to know that hes a very good above average county player who doesnt bowl fast enough to be a danger at the highest level ...id go for a new boy

funny though isnt it ...looking at England X1 only cook,root,bairstow,stokes (when fit) broad and anderson can be considered automatic selections
    Moeen as well

Woakes might not have the zip to be a top class bowler, but in this England team he will be 4th seamer, and lets face it how much bowling will he get if Jimmy is on fire again?
  • Options

They obviously wanted someone whose name rhymes with "Stokes"
    If it was Bairstow who was injured, we could have had Stokes,Woakes and Foakes.