Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

This is beyond a joke? Kit Symons ffs. They are just pulling out British names from nowhere in the hope one of them will sign for us, then that's the 'British coach' box ticked by Katrien - what can we moan about now??

Think you will find its the press and agents putting names about not Charlton
    Ahh so that's your source.
  • Options
    Could be me but the tone of DK's post suggestions it's Collins. IMO that won't be good.
  • Options

If Cotterill is out of the running (too expensive Roland?) then the lead contenders have to be Adkins or Lambert. No contest.

Cotterill would probably be cheaper than the other 2, certainly Lambert would be dearer
  • Options
    Serious question; What is Jossy Blair up to these day?
  • Options

If Cotterill is out of the running (too expensive Roland?) then the lead contenders have to be Adkins or Lambert. No contest.

Cotterill would probably be cheaper than the other 2, certainly Lambert would be dearer
    My thoughts too. I wonder why Cotterill has been dismissed considering some of the names that have been leaked the last few days.
  • Options

Serious question; What is Tony Blair up to these day?

Fixed.
  • Options
    We could and have done a lot worse under Rolands hirings but I would not be pleased with Adkins, he has not really done a good job since he left Southampton when he had money to spend and some really talented players.
  • Options
    Feck me - after reading most of the names put forward here, i'd rather go inhouse and give JJ the job with help from Euell rather than spending loads on old wasters.
  • Options
    I'd be relieved if it was Adkins.

Kit Symonds? I'd rather have the kit man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Feck me - after reading most of the names put forward here, i'd rather go inhouse and give JJ the job with help from Euell rather than spending loads on old wasters.

This.
  • Options

Nothing against either of them being the main man but I'd want them to have am owner who would back them, not Roland or Katrien Meire who would sack them before Xmas.
  • Options

All gone alarming quiet hasn't it...

not really. the Wilder thing only came out because he had an employer. if we are now targeting those out of work then there isn't likely to be any news until there is news.
    The first rule of New Manager Club...
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Not quite. There's a grocer's apostrophe in there and a spelling mistake. How can you be a true Charlton supporter and not spot those grammatical errors?
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118009

Symons has made contact with the club.
  • Options
    Symons is absolutely woeful.
  • Options
    Go away Symons. Not only are you Ex-Palace, you're a terrible manager.
  • Options
    At least it means we've got British interest in the job... If he's interested it'll mean other British Managers are also interested
  • Options
    Please not Symons. I have a few Fulham supporting friends and from what they tell me he seems on Fraeye's level of tactical naivety.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first question in his Interview should be:

How the hell did you leave Fulham in a relegation battle when you've got Dembele and McCormack up front?
  • Options
    What about Steve Evo Evans who is probably leaving Leeds.
    He doesn't mince his words .
    Would really get up pinnochio's nose.
  • Options
    Neil Redfearn one of the favourites according to HITC sports
  • Options
    ha ha ha ha ha!!! It just gets better. Kit Symons. Could someone explain which part of his achievements as a manager suggest he would turn the club arouns and aim us upwards? Or are we really aiming to play in the same league as Dover in the next year or two? I remember when we signed Dowie wondering what exactly he could point to as signs he was going to lead us anywhere except down (you listening Murray?) and this suggestion comes from the same school of thought. Is the only degree of qualification to be head coach/manager at the Valley some sort of passport control. At least that would explain how KM could interview 40 people in one morning.
  • Options
    I still think an Andy Hughes, Simon Clarke, JJ combination would be a result all round.
  • Options

I still think an Andy Hughes, Simon Clarke, JJ combination would be a result all round.

I fear they are waiting before bringing in another network monkey; doubtless pleading that none of the British candidates were suitable.
  • Options
    I can't see Andy Hughes leaving Harrogate, his children are at my daughter's school and he seems very happy, as are they. Why would he leave to work in an asylum where everyone is mad, especially the sociopathic CEO? There are a huge amount of better run clubs in the north, where a vacancy will come up.

I don't know him very well but will try and ask him if he is aware that he is being linked with us.
  • Options
    I really don't want Jackson or Euell stepping up to the main management team right now, I would worry that they would end up tainted in some fans eyes by the current regime when it all goes wrong again.
  • Options
    Let's bite the bullet and have Warnock.

I know, I know............but what else is there ?