Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Some very disappointing candidates if I'm honest, it seems like they are just rounding up all the cheap options and then will pick who ever will take orders from RD.

There are very few quotes. Rich Cawley stated he was hearing nothing at all.

Newspaper speculation is just throwing out anyone British with lower league experience. If they pepper the target enough they might strike gold.

Remember these were the same newspapers that "exclusively revealed" we would be getting Nobby Vinegar last week and I am pretty sure he wasn't on their radar on this occasion.

Give it a few hours and we'll be linked with Paul Tisdale of Exeter

Trying to remember now who were the three other managers interviewed with Powell.

Tisdale was one, I think Gary Johnson was another. Can't remember the third.

This was after we'd offered the job to Howe and he'd turned us down.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Some very disappointing candidates if I'm honest, it seems like they are just rounding up all the cheap options and then will pick who ever will take orders from RD.

Newspaper speculation is just throwing out anyone British with lower league experience. If they pepper the target enough they might strike gold.

Remember these were the same newspapers that "exclusively revealed" we would be getting Nobby Vinegar last week and I am pretty sure he wasn't on their radar on this occasion.

@Swisdom is reporting Paul tisdale of Exeter!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

@Swisdom is reporting Paul tisdale of Exeter!
    Yes please!!... Although dont see it happening in a million years... Tisdale has been with Exeter too long now
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter who we give the job to. They will get pilloried on here and he won't get 5 minutes to prove himself. The term "Poison Chalice" comes to mind. Because of the catastrophic management of the club - every decision is now met with derision. Hard to see a way out of this until Mr Duchâtelet departs.
  • Options
    will this nightmare ever end?
  • Options
    WARNOCK....ffs
  • Options
    masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

??

• Options
    Seriously , too many people accepting or prepared to accept mediocrity. WE ARE CHARLTON ATHLETIC . Belgians are only visiting.
    It has to be Warnock or Powell.
  • Options
    Surely any new manager appointed by this regime is a legitimate target for protests from day one.
    Are we not long past the 'give the bloke a chance' stage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn't matter if they were foreign as long as they had sufficient experience in this country and knows what the English game is about instead of another network nomark who we usually appoint.
  • Options
    who is actually on the panel that interviews the possible new manager? KM, Murray and Peacock?? Roland via video link????
  • Options
    I'm just pleased this time our board are taking their time and considering the options available, every manager appointed has been the right decision.
  • Options

I'm just pleased this time our board are taking their time and considering the options available, every manager appointed has been the right decision.

It only appears that way because the options are turning them down!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

It only appears that way because the options are turning them down!
    whoosh
  • Options
    To be honest I'm leaning towards wanting Simon Clark in charge...

A lot of clubs now are taking the approach of hiring someone from within the club (or from another club) where that person has worked as either the Coach / U21 Manager or U18 Manager etc.

Walsall and Derby are two current examples of it working, yes Jon Whitney and Darren Wassall both took charge of teams doing well in the League midway through the season (rather than taking over during a relegation battle) yet both sides play good Football so why wouldnt it be the same under Clark?
  • Options
    masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

After his exploits at Rotherham he wants £1m a year

Straight up - that's his current demands

Source - A Championship Manager (who incidentally doesn't earn anywhere near that much)

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Think the club in trying to plaase fans are under selling ourselves what if a foreign manager is the best out there give him the job .... foreign managers won more then British managers this season ......... Just think they should employ the best whoever it is or where they come from ....

Strangely enough, I don't actually disagree with you here on whether it should be a British or Foreign manager. However ultimately Charlton need to appoint a manager who has the best chance of getting us promoted and I cannot see many foreign managers have the nous to get a team promoted from the lower leagues.

Certainly we cannot be appointing managers of the Peeters, Luzon, Fraeye, and yes, Riga's quality as we wont be going anywhere with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

Source - A Championship Manager (who incidentally doesn't earn anywhere near that much)

Not Mick McCarthy?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

Worth every penny. Stability, knowledge, English, experienced. We have to forget his Palace links and the fact he's a bloody northerner and move on.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    masicat said:

Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

Worth every penny. Stability, knowledge, English, experienced. We have to forget his Palace links and the fact he's a bloody northerner and move on.
    Paying a manager anywhere near that money doesn't fit into Roland's plan. Not in a million years. The coach is a dispensable entity, who is paid relatively little. The managers we have had have come to the club in the hope of making a bit of a name for themselves in England, and then being able to move onto another English club who pay appropriately for such a position.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

They will definitely not spend that on a gaffer. Not in a million years and certainly not on him.

Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

Not Mick McCarthy?
    Indeed it was :-)
  • Options
    Wasn't Riga on sub 100k?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wasn't Riga on sub 100k?

Don't know about Riga, but we have had managers on circa £50k under Roland.
  • Options
    He might want and expect 1 million a year but that doesn't mean that anyone will offer him that. Just like with our opening bid of £150k for Moncur it's an opening gambit. If he wants a job he would accept less.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

He's worth it.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

masicat said:

WARNOCK....ffs

He's worth it.
    If the £1m includes a bonus if the team stays up then it certainly is.

CAFC £7m+ lost due to relegation/