Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

ross1 said:

Lennie Lawrence is also thought to have other options. He was interviewed about a director of football role but it has not been followed up with an offer.
    Charlton have made getting a boss a priority before they move on to other roles at the club - with a whole raft of important positions not filled.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117971

That's almost every important position not filled and the ones that are are filled at the moment are held by total arsehats.

The important one is the manager then it's up to him if he wants to work with a DOF, who he wants as his back room staff ....so nothing will happen till the first peice is in place
    When have RD and KM let the manager, sorry Head Coach, have any say in anything past coaching the players?
  • Options
    This is beyond a joke? Kit Symons ffs. They are just pulling out British names from nowhere in the hope one of them will sign for us, then that's the 'British coach' box ticked by Katrien - what can we moan about now??
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kit Symons ..... I've had enough, I want to get off ...
  • Options
    Thing with Warnock is he is probably the only one thick skinned enough to take it on. Doubt they will match his wage demands whatever they are.
  • Options

Thing with Warnock is he is probably the only one thick skinned enough to take it on. Doubt they will match his wage demands whatever they are.

1m a year circa.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    From Ketts on Dr Kish

The new manager will probably be unveiled next week, though his name remains a mystery.

Ironically, the man Wilder replaced - Nigel Adkins - will probably be strongly considered for the Valley job. ‎

Former Bristol City manager, Steve Cotterill, has been strongly linked with the job, but DK understands the club have no interest in him.

Former Celtic, Everton, Monaco and Fulham midfielder, John Collins, is another rumoured to be on the radar. Collins had a brief spell as Hibs' manager, and is currently assistant to Ronny‎ Delia at Celtic. With Delia's tenure at Parkhead drawing to a close, Collins is looking for a new job.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/831155998?-11197:833:0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish

The new manager will probably be unveiled next week, though his name remains a mystery.

Ironically, the man Wilder replaced - Nigel Adkins - will probably be strongly considered for the Valley job. ‎

Former Bristol City manager, Steve Cotterill, has been strongly linked with the job, but DK understands the club have no interest in him.

Former Celtic, Everton, Monaco and Fulham midfielder, John Collins, is another rumoured to be on the radar. Collins had a brief spell as Hibs' manager, and is currently assistant to Ronny‎ Delia at Celtic. With Delia's tenure at Parkhead drawing to a close, Collins is looking for a new job.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/831155998?-11197:833:0

Would be amazed seeing as there has been no "strong" rumours of late!

Plus ,if it's very likely to be completed (albeit next week) why not do it this week?
  • Options
    Hopefully the idiots have decided not to make themselves look anymore stupid.......actually they are taking all the fun out of this.
  • Options
    The names being linked, has the club approached them or have they applied. There is a difference, I could apply but doesn't mean that I'll be considered. Unfortunately it will all be speculation until they finally make the wrong decision again which will be better than the last wrong decision which in katriens eyes, wasn't wrong!!
  • Options
    Kit Symons? Rather have Martin Simons.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kit Symons is in talks to become the assistant manager to Chris Colman, with current assistant Paul Trollope becoming the manager of Cardiff City.
  • Options
    Adkins wouldn't surprise me - would have links via les reed as well and maybe ticks some sort of academy box?- sounds a lot more promising than any of the others I've seen mentioned lately
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Kit Symons is in talks to become the assistant manager to Chris Colman, with current assistant Paul Trollope becoming the manager of Cardiff City.

.....and this has what to do with us?
  • Options
    If Cotterill is out of the running (too expensive Roland?) then the lead contenders have to be Adkins or Lambert. No contest.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Dansk_Red said:

Kit Symons was allegedly in the running for us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Dansk_Red said:

Refers to the rumour that Kit Symons was being considered for the CAFC managers position. Just saying he was in talks with the Welsh FA.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    More like Kit Bag. Or a laundry basket.
    Please,not him.
    Adkins--yep,I'd be happy with him.
    Warnock--if we really must.
  • Options
    Warnock for me please - just look at his record .
  • Options

Warnock for me please - just look at his record .

Apparently wants £1m a year? no chance
    Adkins all day long for me.

His kind of tweets are exactly what I want to see in a manager

Does he follow @CARD?
  • Options
    Great, a manager named after a talking motor ffs
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Dansk_Red said:

Kit Symons was allegedly in the running for us.
    Thanks, that did cross my mind for a second but I dismissed it.
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins is toilet
  • Options

Nigel Adkins is toilet

I thought that was Armitage.

• Options

More like Kit Bag. Or a laundry basket.
    Please,not him.
    Adkins--yep,I'd be happy with him.
    Warnock--if we really must.

What about John Humphrey?