Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options

At this point I almost want them to appoint Nobby. Just for the sake of all the idiots complaining about Slade.

That makes bundles of sense. As someone who 'complained' about Slade, please explain why I'm an idiot?
  • Options
    Hmmm backed by a warchest of parachute payments, he managed to finish 11th and 8th and was universally disliked by Cardiff fans.
    So....over to you, why does the above make me an idiot? And just for clarity, please explain why you think it's a good idea to appoint Nobby?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Hmmm backed by a warchest of parachute payments, he managed to finish 11th and 8th and was universally disliked by Cardiff fans.
    So....over to you, why does the above make me an idiot? And just for clarity, please explain why you think it's a good idea to appoint Nobby?

War chest of parachute payments and a transfer embargo
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

0 trophies in 20 years as well
  • Options
    Hahaha don't think I need to continue really. Bet those parachute payments really helped during their transfer embargo. Michael Morrison wasn't liked by Sheff Wed, Yann by Leicester. Francis by us. Doesn't mean they can never be successful.

If you're seriously offended by a very general use of the word idiot I'd consider not using the Internet very often. Not the place for you.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

War chest of parachute payments and a transfer embargo
    ....which only came into force for the 2016 January transfer window. He was working with a largely premier league squad, with players like Kenwyn Jones rumoured to be on £40k a week.

Anyway, my point is Slade just isn't dynamic. He doesn't have a particularly impressive record and certainly doesn't fit with the up and coming Wilder type manager.

My issue is with the bloke who calls people idiots if they don't agree with his opinion and who, it seems, would prefer to see another network manager in charge.
  • Options
    I'm Not exactly creaming my pants over this but we are a league 1 team with roland in charge. If it's true that 3 or 4 managers have walked away after holding talks, who else would you have. Slade hasmanaged in this league and higher and will be a step up from all the other managers roland has appointed. Sit tight for a year and wait for a real manager once roland gets bored and goes
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Hahaha don't think I need to continue really. Bet those parachute payments really helped during their transfer embargo. Michael Morrison wasn't liked by Sheff Wed, Yann by Leicester. Francis by us. Doesn't mean they can never be successful.

If you're seriously offended by a very general use of the word idiot I'd consider not using the Internet very often. Not the place for you.

Brilliant comeback. Intelligent, incisive...really backed up your point.
    Not idiotic at all. No sir, cafc_harry can in no way be labelled an idiot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

sm said:

sm said:

<code><u><i><i></i></i></u>

ross1 said:

Blackpool appoint Gary Bowyer on 1 year rolling contract as manager

11 clubs now Colin
    13 clubs now Colin - Blackburn and Leeds join the list. Nearly 1 in 7 League clubs have now changed their manager since we sacked Riga.
    Am sure if Slade had not gone on holiday we would have had a new manager on Monday ......
    14 now Villa have appointed DeMatteo - a lot of managers will be taking their holidays now and in this day and age can be contacted even while on holiday. The fact that over 15% of clubs can appoint a Manager while we have none is just embarrassing. Given Colin's aptitude in making excuses for the regime I can only assume he is going for the Comms job which has been open even longer.

What this means is that we are now at least 2-3 weeks behind other clubs in preparing for next season - and we were not in a good position 2-3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Look at all those clubs without managers now getting managers...how do they do it so quickly?

A basic level of competence.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Luckily for me I'm not offended by such a petty comment. Now let's stop clogging up the thread.
  • Options
    Just remember while we have no manager all those lovely agents will be calling Katrien even while they are topping up their tans by the pool!
  • Options
    Slade? Let's see....why would we appoint him as manager?...let's take a look at a vitally important clue, found on his Wikipedia page

Operating within a tight budget, Slade has always had an eye for talent and has been considered a very savvy operator within the transfer market. Slade never bought a player whilst at Orient instead bringing in a number of players on free transfers, helping the side punch above their weight.

So this basically says he actually has very little experience of signing players, something that KM and RD will no doubt remain in charge of. It also suggests that next season, a bit like the last couple, there will be no significant signings if any. Looks like it's youth and old and crap players on freebies with KM and RD hoping he will play who he's told and work miracles with the shit he's given.

He's not won anything and hasn't even played professional football.

Think he'll fit in perfectly at the valley. What an exciting and inspiring appointment that'll be. NOT.

• Options

Valley11 said:

Luckily for me I'm not offended by such a petty comment. Now let's stop clogging up the thread.
    Thanks for admitting you're petty. I'll take that as an apology.

When are we getting a new manager then?
  • Options
    I have no problem with Slade in the sense that I think he will do a decent enough job, and I'd take him over a network manager any day of the week.

However, I just don't find it an exciting appointment and feel there are better options out there.... Not that any would want to work under crazy uncle Roland anyway.
  • Options
    I still can't get why if they didn't give Wilder written assurances that he would have total control of footballing matters, why has Slade chosen to accept? We're just gonna get more of the same but with an English manager.

I'm not writing Slade off, but I just don't trust why he's accepted the role unless he gets everything football going through him
  • Options
    they are just desperate to employ someone British who they think will work fucking miracles. Slade will not be able to achieve anything and by Christmas he'll be gone and a network manager or Riga brought in to try and stop us being relegated again. It's just a case of de ja vu. Same shit, different day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Katrein's hoping that if she doesn't appoint a new manager the season will start without us. After all of the protests, and especially "the liar banner", I bet she's really looking forward to what might happen next.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see who'll take the risk on Giggs. Think he'd be more than good enough for league 1. No doubt would demand a very hefty wage for someone with very little experience mind.
  • Options
    All this speculation is a waste of time because I actually really believe katrein is on holiday. "Well if the players get one why can't I?!"
  • Options
    Using the old saying 'beggars can't be choosers' and adding the state of the Club at the moment, the appointment of any Coach would be welcome. It doesn't matter who he is, he'll get slated on here before a ball is kicked. The painful process has proven how far we have fallen down the pecking order for prospective unemployed Managers.
  • Options

Lets not get sidetracked. The manager isn't the problem. We need to get rid of Duchatelet, Meire and Murray.

Exactly.

It also obviously speaks pretty large volumes that recruiting a manager has taken so long and continues to do so since Riga left.

Maybe they are taking their extra careful time to get the right man? Or was it Chris Wilder or nothing?
    It's too late to give them the benefit of the doubt now though. Most things they touch turn to sh*t.

The trouble is, even the network yes men found it too hard to work for this lot and crumbled very quickly.
    I still think even though Fraeye was rubbish, the treatment from Meire asking a player infront of Fraeye "is this working for you" is humiliating unprofessional disgraceful behaviour. Very naive and dumb.

(I'd still prefer nothing as in thin air to manage charlton instead of Fraeye)

Considering the network blokes crumbled strangely quickly....
    A normal manager wouldn't even take it seriously to begin with.

Probably the surprisingly low wage for the job is the 1st thing the potential manager will be looking at and thinking "oops cya"

It's an utter shambles.

• Options
    Thinking about it, Slade probably is not the worst choice for league one. Beyond that level worries me, but maybe we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves!
  • Options

Thinking about it, Slade probably is not the worst choice for league one. Beyond that level worries me, but maybe we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves!

Ahead of ourselves? With the current lot's managerial strategy in place there's no need to think beyond the end of 2016, and that might be optimistic!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So nothing has actually happened yet. How can that be BREAKING NEWS?