Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Yup Leeds have just confirmed Gary Monk as their Manager

Surely he can do better than them, not like he was a complete disaster at Swansea.
    Yeah am equally surprised that he's gone there...

Would have thought he'd be a shoe in for one of the top six / eight sides in the Championship
  • Options
    regarding Slade, one place reports it and everyone else regurgitates it as fact when they are no quotes from anyone (Colin1961 excepted), I mean it was reported that he's on his holibobs whilst at the same time he was being interviewed at Blackburn. I don't believe it will be him although I don't have a scoobies who it will eventually be.
  • Options
    Perhaps, our CEO has decided that rather than waste money on tea and biscuits with possible candidates that she might as well wait until all these other clubs are sorted out.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Blackburn went for Coyle once Slade turned them down ......

New game. Put some complete nonsense on Twitter about a rumour on who may or may not be the head coach and see how long it's put on this thread.

That Blur song from the Modern Life is Rubbish album is uncanny.
  • Options
    We can always rely on Olly & co.

One of the very few things to commend at our club these days.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Is that Katrien and Tony Cajones?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Giggs looks set to leave Old Trafford....? Maybe that's who they've been holding out for (snigger)....
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Slade wamted to buy Watt ?
    So we could have Jones and Watt strike partnership ???

Ah but you're forgetting , Slade does whatever Katrien and Roly tell him!
    Watt will be gone soon
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Slade wamted to buy Watt ?
    So we could have Jones and Watt strike partnership ???

The same Kenwyne Jones who was on 40k a week at Cardiff and was shipped off on loan because they couldn't afford to pay him?

He'll be lucky to get an offer of 40p a week from Meire.

• Options
    Arel="LargeAddick">regarding Slade, one place reports it and everyone else regurgitates it as fact when they are no quotes from anyone (Colin1961 excepted), I mean it was reported that he's on his holibobs whilst at the same time he was being interviewed at Blackburn. I don't believe it will be him although I don't have a scoobies who it will eventually be.

i did!!!

heard that Slade has had an offer from us, but he also in talks with Blackburn.
    in ++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ Comment by Redhenry May 26
  • Options
    Was also told he wanted the Blackburn job. I think he will probably take our offer as hes lost out on Blacburn.
  • Options
    Dear Lord!
    If anything Giggs would be a bigger gamble than Jackson and a whole lot more expensive no doubt.
    He's never played outside of the EPL and probably barely watched anything lower.

Whoever it is, it's going to be fudge.
    They are going to have to be seen to be supportive of the regime.
    It's not like Jackson can somehow whisper to the fans "hey, guys I know it's shit but support us anyway".
    The same with Slade, Evans, Adkins et al, they can't say, "I don't like the way the club is run but I think I can succeed anyway"
    It will have to be a fudge.
    "I think the owner is misunderstood"/"I think the owner recognises some mistakes, but.."/"The owner wants success as much as the fans.." etc etc etc
    To win the fans over the new coach is going to have to make an immediate impact imo, in spite of the constrictions and limitations of the regime.
    Sooner or later though, those limitations are going to stymie him and he's going to have to take a stance - compromise his principles and yet probably still pay for any failure with his job anyway, or hit them with the truth and definitely lose his job.
    Fudge, fudge, fudge.
    I would like to think I will wish whoever it is well, but there is a virus here that won't be cured by a new sticking plaster.
    I'll more likely feel like biffing him on the nose and saying why are you here?
  • Options

Dear Lord!
    If anything Giggs would be a bigger gamble than Jackson and a whole lot more expensive no doubt.
    He's never played outside of the EPL and probably barely watched anything lower.

except Salford City of course

• Options

Dear Lord!

Is he involved with them? Thought that was just the Nevilles and Scholes.
    Fair do's, I stand corrected.
  • Options

Dear Lord!

one of the owners along with the Neville's, Butt & Scholes
  • Options
    Heard it on good authority that Karel Fraeye is on his way back - has also agreed to supply a new sofa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brian McDermott ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

Is that Katrien and Tony Cajones?

Yes, looking for a manager.
  • Options

Brian McDermott ?

Has he worked with Steve Head before ?
  • Options

Dear Lord!

one of the owners along with the Neville's, Butt & Scholes
    Fair enough,Large, he has that - although you could argue that that level is as different from League One as that is from the EPL.
    No matter, he would be a gamble either way and at least Jackson has the advantage of having played in the League One.
    Would Duchatelet be prepared to pay him the going rate?
    There may be other clubs higher up the food chain that would also take a gamble on Giggs.
  • Options

Brian McDermott ?

Has he worked with Steve Head before ?
    is this a private conversation?
  • Options
    sm said:

<code><u><i><i></i></i></u>

ross1 said:

Blackpool appoint Gary Bowyer on 1 year rolling contract as manager

11 clubs now Colin
    13 clubs now Colin - Blackburn and Leeds join the list. Nearly 1 in 7 League clubs have now changed their manager since we sacked Riga.
  • Options
    Giggs ...... Pmsl
  • Options
    Slade 1/5 Jackson 4/1 Adkins has gone out to 16/1.

https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials
  • Options
    Glad we were never linked with Coyle, did a good job at Burnley but he seems such a depressing individual.