Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    The only person who I can think of who fits the profile is Darrell Clarke of Bristol Rovers.

It would however be a significant "U turn" by him as he only a matter of days ago supposedly rejected any Leeds United approach apparently due to their instability and reportedly "agreed" a new 3yr contract with Rovers.

Indeed it was reported Rovers had even refused Clarke permission to speak to Leeds.

In terms of age and up & coming profile he would fit in coaching terms the "investment" in youth criteria almost religiously embraced by this regime.
  • Options
    Ryan Giggs
  • Options

The only person who I can think of who fits the profile is Darrell Clarke of Bristol Rovers.

It would however be a significant "U turn" by him as he only a matter of days ago supposedly rejected any Leeds United approach apparently due to their instability and reportedly "agreed" a new 3yr contract with Rovers.

Indeed it was reported Rovers had even refused Clarke permission to speak to Leeds.

In terms of age and up & coming profile he would fit in coaching terms the "investment" in youth criteria almost religiously embraced by this regime.

What about someone like Chris Todd (Wasn't he mentioned early in May?) from Eastleigh
  • Options
    Ha ha! Doucher trumps Colin.
    I quite like this guessing game. But there again it is chaotic Charlton. Who is daft enough to take us on?
    The Plymouth manager has not been mentioned for a while but it is probably Slade. Poor sod.
  • Options

I wonder if Doucher has colin/1961'itis.

two questions, is it infectious? And if it is Is there an antidote?
    No. But to check if you've caught it just look in the mirror. If you see a complete knob, you've got colin1961-itis.
  • Options
    Just read 84 posts with clues but I still can't even offer a guess.
  • Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options

WIOTOS

So reassuring

• Options
    edited June 2016
    From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Blackburn Rovers are close to appointing Owen Coyle as their new manager, according to Sky sources.

Coyle returned to the UK last week after two years in American where he managed MLS side Houston Dynamo.

Rovers have been looking for a new manager since Paul Lambert left Ewood Park 10 days before the end of the season.

If that happens it means that Charlton are way out on their own for being the club with the longest spell without a Manager since the season ended, even Leeds look set to announce Gary Monk today it seems
  • Options

From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Blackburn Rovers are close to appointing Owen Coyle as their new manager, according to Sky sources.

Coyle returned to the UK last week after two years in American where he managed MLS side Houston Dynamo.

Rovers have been looking for a new manager since Paul Lambert left Ewood Park 10 days before the end of the season.

If that happens it means that Charlton are way out on their own for being the club with the longest spell without a Manager since the season ended, even Leeds look set to announce Gary Monk today it seems

think Bolton trump us there, Forest too?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Didnt they have Interim Managers though in Phillips and Williams respectively?

Either way am glad a club have taken the prospect of Owen Coyle off our hands... Reckon Blackburn could easily be a side in trouble next season
  • Options

From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Either way am glad a club have taken the prospect of Owen Coyle off our hands... Reckon Blackburn could easily be a side in trouble next season
    Indeed.
  • Options
    Also thats Blackburn / Burnley / Bolton for Coyle now... He's the Holloway of the North!!
  • Options

From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Indeed.

Fully expect to see Coyle sacked within a few months of the season starting. Since leaving Burnley he has been an absolute disaster.
  • Options
    Lets be realistic, how much does a national league manager earn? Adrian Pennock performed well only 1 League below Wilder
  • Options
    79 new posts but still no new Manager!
  • Options

From SkySports...

BREAKING NEWS

Indeed.

Fully expect to see Coyle sacked within a few months of the season starting. Since leaving Burnley he has been an absolute disaster.
    Werent Houston Dynamo one of the better MLS teams a few years ago... Am sure he's left them now bottom of their Conference
  • Options
    pickwick said:

Lets be realistic, how much does a national league manager earn? Adrian Pennock performed well only 1 League below Wilder

I've always thought highly of Adrian since his Welling days, very unfortunate to be sacked as Forest Green boss
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Would imagine he as accepted the post before he went away, and as already sorted out his backroom staff and even spoke to one or two players while he as been away so when he returns next they can get stuck into the job ......

'imagine' so basically you havn't got a clue - I doubt it's even Slade
    The only Slade we get will be the band.
  • Options
    Yup Leeds have just confirmed Gary Monk as their Manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

Would imagine he as accepted the post before he went away, and as already sorted out his backroom staff and even spoke to one or two players while he as been away so when he returns next they can get stuck into the job ......

'imagine' so basically you havn't got a clue - I doubt it's even Slade
    The only Slade we get will be the band.

I'd prefer Slayer
  • Options
    leeds announce gary monk on a 1 year deal, personally i was hoping his brother harry was going to get it.
  • Options
    Its got to be Slade then!
    I'm not keen on hearing info from a third or 4th placed source because it could be complete rubbish and this might be. I was told it would be Slade after he comes back from holiday. So called source is from a work friend, who know's someone working at Yamfam's management company.
  • Options
    Bolton appoint manager. Blackpool appoint manager. Blackburn on verge of appointing manager....

...Charlton just realised they didn't appoint Wilde as manager and still need a manager.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Blackburn went for Coyle once Slade turned them down ......

Good one
  • Options

Yup Leeds have just confirmed Gary Monk as their Manager

Surely he can do better than them, not like he was a complete disaster at Swansea.
  • Options
    braydex said:

Bolton appoint manager. Blackpool appoint manager. Blackburn on verge of appointing manager....

...Charlton just realised they didn't appoint Wilde as manager and still need a manager.

no they havn't

• Options

braydex said:

no they havn't

Sorry I meant Leeds - I was reading about Amir Khan at the time!