Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    bet victor not so sure 2/7 Slade 11/4 Adkins 4/1 Jackson
  • Options
    This I know but can't tell you stuff is so frustrating! Not a dig at Doucher or anyone in particular.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

This I know but can't tell you stuff is so frustrating! Not a dig at Doucher or anyone in particular.

I agree but doucher is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! If he names his source then he won't get any more info. If he names the guy and us wrong, he becomes a Colin! To know that an appointment is supposedly imminent is news and is good to hear......until a Belgium 4th division manager is appointed as work experience manager
  • Options

Dizzle said:

I agree but doucher is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! If he names his source then he won't get any more info. If he names the guy and us wrong, he becomes a Colin! To know that an appointment is supposedly imminent is news and is good to hear......until a Belgium 4th division manager is appointed as work experience manager
    Totally agree with that. It's also good to know we will be put out of our misery from waiting to know who will be appointed soon. I understand the concept of the ITK posts it's just frustrating :smile:
  • Options

Slade 1/5 Jackson 4/1 Adkins has gone out to 16/1.

https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

What odds could one get on it not being Slade - they should in theory be quite attractive given the ability of the regime to mess things up.
  • Options
    Why can I see there being no announcement with the players simply turning up and playing on the pitch each week, then as we're bottom come January we'll see a statement saying that the search for a Manager will finally begin?
  • Options

I'm sat by the swimming pool in Turkey, constantly refreshing this page for an announcement when I should be spending quality time with the Mrs.

I'm hoping no appointment is made for the next fortnight! !

Nice one!

My wife would not believe me if I told her I needed to go to Turkey to log into Life.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Just a thought. Could the Luzon/Fraye debacles resulting in our relegation and the subsequent input of JJ/LL; mean that DD is no longer in favour, hence the new Buy British policy? (Interesting alliterations, do any potential managers have same initial for both names?) Herman Hreiderson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

sm said:

sm said:

<code><u><i><i></i></i></u>

ross1 said:

Blackpool appoint Gary Bowyer on 1 year rolling contract as manager

11 clubs now Colin
    13 clubs now Colin - Blackburn and Leeds join the list. Nearly 1 in 7 League clubs have now changed their manager since we sacked Riga.
    Am sure if Slade had not gone on holiday we would have had a new manager on Monday ......
    So your saying it's definitely Slade albeit in a week or so ?

• Options
    It is an interesting interview question next week. "Mr Slade, with you unemployed, pre-season three weeks away and a limited time to build your squad given you know we are selling anyone who can command a fee, why did you go on holiday at this crucial time?"
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    "Well Katrien, I know that no manager in work, even in L2 will touch you, I will not be given the tools to do the job and may be sacked by Xmas. So if you want to give your dwindling fans a high profile manager, I'd like a minimum of two years on my contract please."
  • Options
    edited June 2016

It is an interesting interview question next week. "Mr Slade, with you unemployed, pre-season three weeks away and a limited time to build your squad given you know we are selling anyone who can command a fee, why did you go on holiday at this crucial time?"

He's not unemployed is he ?

He is Cardiff's Head of Football.

The season only ended on the 7th May, so presumably he had his holiday booked ages ago.

Cardiff could have made the play offs, so he'd be really stupid to book up a holiday before the play offs finished last week.

Is the guy not allowed a holiday ?

Hopefully, he will sign a contract when he returns.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-cardiff-city-boss-russell-11406561
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

sm said:

sm said:

<code><u><i><i></i></i></u>

ross1 said:

Blackpool appoint Gary Bowyer on 1 year rolling contract as manager

11 clubs now Colin
    13 clubs now Colin - Blackburn and Leeds join the list. Nearly 1 in 7 League clubs have now changed their manager since we sacked Riga.
    Am sure if Slade had not gone on holiday we would have had a new manager on Monday ......
    as said before he was interviewed by Blackburn at the beginning of the week so he hasn't gone far
  • Options
    Surprised we weren't in for Clarke, well or he'd rather be an assistant somewhere else than manage us...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Not being funny, there's about 10 people on her who claim to know who it is. Set up a new account with random details and post it for fuck sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considered editing that for a second, but think it's better without.
  • Options

Surprised we weren't in for Clarke, well or he'd rather be an assistant somewhere else than manage us...

I'd rather be an assistant pet food taster than our manager under the clowns.
  • Options

Not being funny, there's about 10 people on her who claim to know who it is. Set up a new account with random details and post it for fuck sake.

It's Russell Slade.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So as Slade ponders his future beside a ice cold swimming pool in Turkey.

Do I

A. Stay at Cardiff in a DOF roll where I know the playing and SMT staff where some of them may or may not be mad.

Or do I

B. Work for a deluded skinflint who thinks he can pick the team and a SMT who are as much use as a fart in a spacesuit.

Difficult one that ain't it.

Mama we're all crazy now!!
  • Options
    deckchair out sits back can of beer in hand
    madadd said:

Slade manager with Jacko no 2

• Options

I'm sat by the swimming pool in Turkey, constantly refreshing this page for an announcement when I should be spending quality time with the Mrs.

You are not reading this thread very carefully, according to one ITK, (so it seems), a manager has already been appointed, he has just decided to go on holiday before signing his contract
  • Options
    ross1 said:

You are not reading this thread very carefully, according to one ITK, (so it seems), a manager has already been appointed, he has just decided to go on holiday before signing his contract
    Sounds perfect for the job. he has already gone up in KM's estimation................holidays before the club.
  • Options

"Go on holiday at a crucial time? ....... I thought that's what Charlton senior management do, Katrien."

• Options
    edited June 2016
    MrLargo said:

Yup Leeds have just confirmed Gary Monk as their Manager

Surely he can do better than them, not like he was a complete disaster at Swansea.
    Leeds go from Hockaday to Monk.
    Charlton go from Karel to Knobby.
    That's a complete disaster. They don't know how to appoint a tried and tested English manager :confused: