Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Urrrr, speaking as someone who has just had an ACL reconstruction I can categorically confirm its not a quick healer.

How long before you're back banging them in Neil? (talking football by the way :wink: )
  • Well, I can walk now which is good. Football though is 9 months away.

• Pete O'Rourke
    @SportsPeteO

Charlton are leading the race for former Huddersfield midfielder Duane Holmes. #cafc #htafc #pompey #barnsleyfc

• Pete O'Rourke
    @SportsPeteO

Charlton are leading the race for former Huddersfield midfielder Duane Holmes. #cafc #htafc #pompey #barnsleyfc

I'd sign him on the basis of his middle name alone!

Duane Octavius Holmes

• I'd sign him on the basis of his middle name alone!

Duane Octavius Holmes

The one tactic Karel Fraeye didn't employ
  • Never even heard of him...
  • Did he score against us this year up there?
  • Did he score against us this year up there?

Shouldnt we be asking if there was someone who didnt score against us... Be easier to remember them?
  • "Three Holmes, we've only got three Holmes"
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    Indeed Duane Holmes did score against us last season! Also played for Yeovil, possibly under Slade
  • Wow, no real experience, not what we need. If this is the shape of signings to come the we are fooked.
  • Hudds fans think he's very talented but might have attitude issues.

Him and Twatt should get on well
  • Swisdom said:

Hudds fans think he's very talented but might have attitude issues.

Him and Twatt should get on well

If so why does he hardly ever play
  • Wow, no real experience, not what we need. If this is the shape of signings to come the we are fooked.

He's played in the championship!
  • uie2 said:

Wow, no real experience, not what we need. If this is the shape of signings to come the we are fooked.

uie2 said:

Wow, no real experience, not what we need. If this is the shape of signings to come the we are fooked.

So has Naby Saar, Roger Johnson, Zak Bergdich etc but you wouldn't want to sign any of them.
  • uie2 said:

uie2 said:

So has Naby Saar, Roger Johnson, Zak Bergdich etc but you wouldn't want to sign any of them.
    Roland would :neutral:
  • Essex_Al said:

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 · 12h12 hours ago

It also appears that Charlton Athletic are in the front seat to sign former West Ham and Bolton Wanderers forward Rob Hall #cafc #bwfc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hall_(footballer)
    Decent
  • Charlton Athletic miss out on winger despite bigger offer to Sheffield United new boy

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/833947857?-11197:833:0
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

uie2 said:

Our top three for player of the year next season.
  • ross1 said:

Charlton Athletic miss out on winger despite bigger offer to Sheffield United new boy

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/833947857?-11197:833:0

I wonder if signing this winger (who is a proven player in League 1) means that we are more likely to sign Ricky Holmes (another winger we've been linked with) who is a proven league 2 player.
  • His choice. His loss.
  • R Holmes is more than likely to join Wilder at Sheffield United.
  • colin1961 said:

Ben Turner could follow Russell Slade to Charlton Ath. Turner was released by Cardiff at the end of the season

6 ft 4 ins so passes the height test.

• Hall is / was pretty highly rated by West Ham mates of mine.
  • Turner is decent. Seen him a few times