Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Not a Charlton rumour but this could be interesting.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers hopes to sign £3.5m England Under-21 defender Joe Gomez on loan from Liverpool. (The Sun)

Hope he stays with Liverpool and works under Klopp, reckon he'll get the game time in the Premier League (Especially with Moreno's Left-Back form) next season and reckon he'll reach his potential under Klopp better... Going to the Scottish Premier League will be like returning to the Championship and could see him disappear, i.e. how many English kids in Scotland reach the England team?

Absolutely. Going to Scotland won't improve him as a player. With Skirtel looking like e is leaving, Toure being about 85 and Loveren being unconvincing, surely he is better off staying and hopefully getting in at CB - England need another CB desperately so hopefully this boy kicks on now.
    Its more difficult for a Defender but he should just look at the impact that Marcus Rashford has had this season.

Reckon had Gomez stayed fit then he'd have been a contender for Euro 2016, if he stays at Liverpool (or anywhere in England even if its the Championship then he'll be fighting for a place in the Russia World Cup.

Going to Scotland could see him drop further down the list of Defenders... i.e. You've already got Reece Oxford as a potential player there, you've also got Ryan Holding (Bolton) who despite being someone I'm not really aware of is being tracked by Arsenal... Nor will John Stones make the same mistakes forever.

We talk about wanting our England Defenders to play out of Defence rather than simply getting rid of it and we talk about Stones to being a bit too error prone at the moment but in a few years time we could have an awesome partnership between him and Gomez for England.

Thankfully that rumour is from the Sun so is probably bullsh*t anyway...

Just a shame that we cant get Megan, 23 from Middlesex to confirm or deny the rumour with her views anymore!!
    Now googling Megan 23 from Middlesex :wink:
  • ross1 said:

One player who might appeal is Kenwyne Jones. Now 31-years-old, the Trinadadian international would be a real handful in League One.
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/833308721?-11197:833:0

At the moment, there's something very unique in the bottom left corner of that page:

"WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING ABOUT CHARLTON...
    JOSE MOURINHO GIVEN TOUR OF MANCHESTER UNITED TRAINING BASE BY ED WOODWARD AND SIR BOBBY CHARLTON AS NEW MANAGER OUTLINES PLANS TO RESTORE CLUB AS PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE CONTENDERS
    the Mail online | Football
    (Posted on 31 May at 08:14)

FOOTBALL TRANSFER RUMOURS: ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC ON HIS WAY BACK TO MALMO?
    Guardian Unlimited Football
    (Posted on 31 May at 08:01)"

I can see how the Bobby Charlton bit got picked up, but Ibahimovic to Malmo? What's that got to do with Charlton?
    I think we played Malmo once in a pre-season friendly.
    I have the programme.
  • Not a Charlton rumour but this could be interesting.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers hopes to sign £3.5m England Under-21 defender Joe Gomez on loan from Liverpool. (The Sun)

Hope he stays with Liverpool and works under Klopp, reckon he'll get the game time in the Premier League (Especially with Moreno's Left-Back form) next season and reckon he'll reach his potential under Klopp better... Going to the Scottish Premier League will be like returning to the Championship and could see him disappear, i.e. how many English kids in Scotland reach the England team?

Absolutely. Going to Scotland won't improve him as a player. With Skirtel looking like e is leaving, Toure being about 85 and Loveren being unconvincing, surely he is better off staying and hopefully getting in at CB - England need another CB desperately so hopefully this boy kicks on now.
    Its more difficult for a Defender but he should just look at the impact that Marcus Rashford has had this season.

Reckon had Gomez stayed fit then he'd have been a contender for Euro 2016, if he stays at Liverpool (or anywhere in England even if its the Championship then he'll be fighting for a place in the Russia World Cup.

Going to Scotland could see him drop further down the list of Defenders... i.e. You've already got Reece Oxford as a potential player there, you've also got Ryan Holding (Bolton) who despite being someone I'm not really aware of is being tracked by Arsenal... Nor will John Stones make the same mistakes forever.

We talk about wanting our England Defenders to play out of Defence rather than simply getting rid of it and we talk about Stones to being a bit too error prone at the moment but in a few years time we could have an awesome partnership between him and Gomez for England.

Thankfully that rumour is from the Sun so is probably bullsh*t anyway...

Just a shame that we cant get Megan, 23 from Middlesex to confirm or deny the rumour with her views anymore!!
    Now googling Megan 23 from Middlesex :wink:
    Fraid I made her up mate... Rosie from Middlesex on the other hand ;) lol!
  • Think Celtic would be a great move for young Joe, He'll play regularly in front of crowds of over 40,000. Due to Celtic dominating many games it's very good for a defenders concentration. Look at the three players at Southampton, Van Dijk, Wanyama and Forster and try to tell me their 3/4 years at Celtic were not beneficial. Van Dijk has just got Southamptons player of the season. Young Paddy Roberts is prospering from playing their rather than stuck playing under 21 and also Citeh's centre defender Jason Denayer has also prospered from playing there for a season and is in the Belgium squad going to the Euro's.
  • Better off on loan to the championship than to Scotland. Awful league.
  • Would we accept the transfer that Man City has just done, Gundogan cost them £21m but is not fit enough to play until probably 2017. Sounds like a dearer version of some of the players we have signed over the last 2 years
  • At a quick look I thought his name was Gonedoggin :wink:
  • ross1 said:

Would we accept the transfer that Man City has just done, Gundogan cost them £21m but is not fit enough to play until probably 2017. Sounds like a dearer version of some of the players we have signed over the last 2 years

Overstated rumour apparently. Meant to be back by September latest.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Reports say we turned down 2mill for Gudmunsson .... say he worth 4 mill but wait till after euros before we sell

Which reports? I'm not saying you're wrong but please point us in the direction of those reports.
  • colin1961 said:

Reports say we turned down 2mill for Gudmunsson .... say he worth 4 mill but wait till after euros before we sell

Good. £4 mil for him and £1.5 for Ventokele and we can keep the rest of the squad.

• colin1961 said:

Which reports? I'm not saying you're wrong but please point us in the direction of those reports.
    Ketts?
  • We'd be daft to sell him before the Euros. If he performs reasonably well his price could easily double from £2m

If he doesn't then £2m isn't bad for someone who only cost nothing but his admittedly high wages
  • Swisdom said:

We'd be daft to sell him before the Euros. If he performs reasonably well his price could easily double from £2m

If he doesn't then £2m isn't bad for someone who only cost nothing but his admittedly high wages

Plus, I bet he had a pretty hefty signing on fee.
  • was reported in the Sun that we told Metz to up their £2m offer
  • wmcf123 said:

Gomez will be first choice at Liverpool, when fit

He'd already nailed his colours to the mast in the short time he had this season.

Good luck to him, he will be in the first team for sure.
  • colin1961 said:

Amazing how your written English changes from time to time.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

In the morning press
    Which one?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

In the morning press
    Which one?
    Evening standard in the photo gallery on this page

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-keen-on-liverpool-striker-christian-benteke-if-bid-to-sign-romelu-lukaku-fails-and-arsenals-a3262811.html#gallery
  • was reported in the Sun that we told Metz to up their £2m offer

colin1961 said:

The sun

• Wasnt Riga at Metz last year?
  • So possibly up to £5.5m for them two, plus I'd say maybe 25-30k a week saved. Yet we can't stump more than 200k for Moncur? I've tried my best to be 'reasonable' to the regime so far this summer. While I still want them gone as ever I want the best for the club and if we can get some positives I'll take them. But that's ridiculous.

Obviously it could well be waiting for Slade's input. Guy on Twitter commenting on it said once he's in they're expecting a huge drive in recruitment.
  • Has Slade left Cardiff yet ?
  • edited June 2016
    Guy on Twitter commenting on it said once he's in they're expecting a huge drive in recruitment.
    gotta sell them season tickets

• Can this thread be renamed "Rumours Rumours" for nostalgic reasons of summers gone by?
  • edited June 2016
    Welcome Russell, we hope you enjoy your brief stay at The Valley.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-russell-slade-departs-3134747.aspx
  • Northampton based sources have revealed that the Addicks are keen to bring Northampton Town's Ricky Holmes to The Valley.
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/833565009?-11197:833:0